The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yeah, Sami Zayn has been a revelation so far. Back when he was the purest of pure babyfaces, you'd never have guessed he had this in him. He's an incredible prick.

My favourite heels are when the person is just being an absolute dick. See Hollywood Rock, New Daniel Bryan and today’s version of Sami Zayn. It’s the best type of heel to be. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Lived in the same town as Thorsvedt growing up, everyone claimed his daughter was really fit. My mate reckons he played football with him at the local park.

Assuming its the only daughter he has, she ended up becoming a TV presenter and model so everyone was probably right, she hosted Norway's version of X Factor. I genuinely have no idea why I can remember that without having to google.

• Paid Members

Has Bray even been injured this entire time he's been off? Or was it a legitimate case of, "fuck me, this guy is stale and shit, send him home."

If there's one man I can never imagine tiring of a one-note character doing and saying the same thing forever, it's Vince.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Has Bray even been injured this entire time he's been off? Or was it a legitimate case of, "fuck me, this guy is stale and shit, send him home."

It’s defntiely the latter. Hardy was injured so they just didn’t know what to do with Bray to keep him round. He did return at Starrcade in November and beat Baron Corbin. So he’s spent all this time at home and all we’ve heard from him is that he’s knocked JoJo up and now plays with dinosaur puppets. 

• Paid Members

I laughed my fucking head off when I saw those cartwheeling cosplayers got the full Vincent Experience upon their arrival on the main roster. I've nothing against them really, but equally their work style and silly gimmick does nothing for me, so it just popped me to see that the the indie favourites are the new Highlanders. Even the commentary felt like it was taking the piss, with Corey Graves telling us these guys eat raw meat and make their own clothes.

For what it's worth, I reckon they'll have changed the name by next week.

The one who married the Riott Squad Viking woman did so in a Viking wedding. Vince has either seen it’s an old-school gimmick tag team to jump on like it’s 1989 (or 2005), or he’s just taking the piss.

edit: I went into a shop in Manhattan yesterday and there were two of Dem in there, complaining about this name change and EC3 getting batteries by Braun. Then they just started talking about how Naomi on Raw will be good because it’s the more mature rated show.

Edited by King Pitcos

Xpac talks about it on his podcast this week, and how much he hated the 123 Kid name, he just wanted to be The Kid. But now none of us look back at how shit a name it was, cause he delivered in ring and that’s what makes a name acceptable is your performance 

• Paid Members

I dunno, even as an 11 year old I thought it was a shit name. I remember finding out he was previously called the Lightning Kid (from reading an Apter mag perhaps?) and thinking that was a much better name to go by.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I dunno, even as an 11 year old I thought it was a shit name. I remember finding out he was previously called the Lightning Kid (from reading an Apter mag perhaps?) and thinking that was a much better name to go by.

He even had Lightning Kid on his tights for his first few months with the company too. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Louch said:

Xpac talks about it on his podcast this week, and how much he hated the 123 Kid name, he just wanted to be The Kid. But now none of us look back at how shit a name it was, cause he delivered in ring and that’s what makes a name acceptable is your performance 

The 123 Kid is better than The Viking Experience though.

If they don’t get over/become stars it’s not because of a name. It’s because they’re not good enough or, most likely, creative fucked them. The Miz is a horrendous name and he’s fine. Even Dolph Ziggler was the most popular wrestler in the world for 6 minutes. 

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

If they don’t get over/become stars it’s not because of a name. It’s because they’re not good enough or, most likely, creative fucked them. The Miz is a horrendous name and he’s fine. Even Dolph Ziggler was the most popular wrestler in the world for 6 minutes. 

It's just a shame that, if they were going for the Viking thing, they didn't take inspiration from all the really cool Viking names. They could have Erik Bloodaxe and Ivar Ironside! Or at the very least, one of them could have been called Ragnar...

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

If they don’t get over/become stars it’s not because of a name

I don’t think anybody has suggested this will be the case, have they? Regardless of whether or not they’ll get over, it’s a fucking crap name and within a few weeks people are going to be sick to the back teeth of hearing Michael Cole drone on about how he saw them backstage trying to eat Natalya’s cat or something.

They got over with a name as shit as War Raiders. It’s not the name that will hinder them, it’s the environment.