The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

24 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Foley defending WWE on the War Raiders name change is fucking hilarious. The man who cried to the point of getting his gimmick changed from "Mason The Mutilator" is giving it the "the name doesnt matter" shite. Silly old wanker.

You just know if someone like Rhea Ripley was called up, and Vince changed her name to something that could potentially ruin her, he'd be straight on Facebook writing a long boring essay on how WWE made the wrong decision.

And then possibly film one of his kids smashing up a cheap 22 inch TV he got from Tesco like he did when Daniel Bryan wasn't in a Rumble years ago. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

They might as well have called them The Cosplay Boys.

If they were dropping the truth just call them the next two fat bastards Vince will be bored of by next Tuesday.

Finding two more to make The 4 Norsemen is my new dream scenario though. Big ship riding, Dragon flying, land stealing, son of a gun.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Surprised they didn’t just called them Raiders. 

That's Richie Freebird's pet name for @air_raid!

59 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It’s a nod to Erik Thorsvedt. Vince is notoriously a massive Spurs fan, especially the 91 Cup winning team. He has a signed picture of Gary Mabbutt with him at Gorilla at every event. 

Lived in the same town as Thorsvedt growing up, everyone claimed his daughter was really fit. My mate reckons he played football with him at the local park.

There might be something in Vince liking the 91 cup winning team though. Will explain why Hulk had make-up done to try to look like Gary Mabbutt at WrestleMania 9.

22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe Vince saw an Iceland SOCCER match and loved the chant the fans do and a mental light bulb went off in his head.  (As I'm sure @David can verify, that clap/chant originated in Motherwell)

Indeed it did, before being observed and adapted by Stjarnan in 2014 during a European game. Probably the one and only time Motherwell will be mentioned in the New York Times.

I’ve not really seen anybody talk about this, but the Raw women’s division looks remarkably weak without Rhonda.

Becky could of course join the Raw roster permanently once she drops the SD belt, but if that doesn’t happen it could be a bleak year for the brand’s women’s division, especially if they lose another decent name to Smackdown tonight.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’ve not really seen anybody talk about this, but the Raw women’s division looks remarkably weak without Rhonda.

Becky could of course join the Raw roster permanently once she drops the SD belt, but if that doesn’t happen it could be a bleak year for the brand’s women’s division, especially if they lose another decent name to Smackdown tonight.

It’s looking bad. Lacey Evans has a lot of potential but she’s green as fuck. I hope they explore her character more because the dynamic between her and Becky sounds great on paper. 

I’d like to see Ruby split from the Riot Squad and get some rehabbing. Becky and Charlotte could do with some challengers that can carry their end on the stick and in a main event. It’s slim pickings though.

I’m surprised Kairi Sane wasn’t brought to Raw last night.   

38 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm fairly sure she's turning up on SmackDown tonight to face the Iiconics. 

Oh yeah good call!

Here's hoping Drew makes the move to Smackdown and that Lashley and Corbin don't follow. The guy can't seem to get a break since his return. Constantly sandbagged with shite.

Sami Zayn is utterly hilarious at the moment. The promos are great but the way he uses gestures and body language to express his point and to get under your skin is genius. There's nobody else like it. 

He's actually a good actor, which most WWE stars aren't (and don't need to be, frankly).  A bit like Batista, he's actually got some chops and so can portray a complex range of expressions and nuances.

If he genuinely is tired of wrestling, perhaps he should get Big Dave to hook him up in Hollywood.