The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Bohan said:

My interpretation was that Big Dave feels that although he's gone on to super stardom outside of the WWE, that he doesn't get the credit for what he's done in the business and has always lived in the shadow of Triple H.  Demanding the match with Trips at Mania would be his way of cementing his status as one of pro wrestlings greats and proving that he was always better than his teacher. 

Did I read the whole thing wrong?

That's what I am guessing, but the whole segment was meh, other then Trips line at the begining. All I got was Batista is retiring at Wrestlemania and wants one last match and wants it against someone he feels doesn't respect him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That's what I am guessing, but the whole segment was meh, other then Trips line at the begining. All I got was Batista is retiring at Wrestlemania and wants one last match and wants it against someone he feels doesn't respect him.

He's obviously going to do the right thing and put Tripper over on his way out. Perish the thought somebody be allowed to retire with an unblemished record against him.

1 hour ago, Bohan said:

My interpretation was that Big Dave feels that although he's gone on to super stardom outside of the WWE, that he doesn't get the credit for what he's done in the business and has always lived in the shadow of Triple H.  Demanding the match with Trips at Mania would be his way of cementing his status as one of pro wrestlings greats and proving that he was always better than his teacher. 

Did I read the whole thing wrong?

Probably not - WWE seems to have very 'loose' storytelling these days that requires fans to do a lot of the work to make up for logic plot holes. 

Enjoyed this weeks show. The Roman concussion stuff at the end was well worked and the match with Ambrose has heated Drew back up in a big way. I was worried that they were just going to slot Roman back in at the top of the card and business as usual him, but this was a refreshing switch out. Dean Ambrose also looked great and I refuse to believe he’s actually leaving.

Everything is starting to become clearer as we build towards Mania and this show made a lot of positive steps to get there.

As great as Ronda was, and this is the way to build heat back into the feud (by keeping them away from each other for a few weeks), she needs to slow down. That promo was fire, but she rushed through it. Someone to help her pace things a little better would have sent that promo over the edge.

I’ve never really gotten Batista, but HHH is one of my favourites. It will be refreshing to have him as a face in this feud. Need a couple of Big Dave cheap shots over the next few weeks and we’re set. I enjoyed the “i’ll Hurt everyone you love” line.

Angle retiring and welling up got me. I hope they find a worthy opponent for him. How poetic would it be if they slot Cena in here.

• Paid Members

A match with Cena would be a nice way to bring things full circle, but I'd like to see Cena challenge Joe. I wonder whether it'll be Drew like it was when he retired in TNA. Hopefully it's not Corbin. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A match with Cena would be a nice way to bring things full circle, but I'd like to see Cena challenge Joe. I wonder whether it'll be Drew like it was when he retired in TNA. Hopefully it's not Corbin. 

Surely we're getting Drew vs Reigns after last night? 

Taker? Not sure who else is a big enough name not in a programme as it stands

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Surely we're getting Drew vs Reigns after last night? 

Taker? Not sure who else is a big enough name not in a programme as it stands

Speaking of Taker, I refuse to believe that he isn't going to have any involvement in the show.  I can see him being unannounced and then popping up during an Elias in ring segment - hitting him with the Tombstone and then pissing off.  Keeps everyone happy right?

10 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Who would have thought that Braun Strowman's Wrestlemania involvment would end up being a comedy rivalry with two lads from SNL!?  Poor bloke!

I dont mind it. It’s the best you can do with him at this point and he always makes it work. Gives him a much better spotlight than working with Elias or Corbin or whatever.

I think I would be tempted to go Angle/Cena & Joe/Mysterio at this point.

Yeah was thinking about Strowman and if the alternative is one of those losers in a singles match then it works for me, I wouldn't rule him out of a match completely though.

Roman/Drew at Mania looks good, but I can easily see it being a tag match involving Dean and Corbin, maybe even a 8/10 man involving the likes of Lashley, Elias, Rush, Balor, Strowman etc?

Edited by The King of Old School