d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

It may not be to some of our tastes, but a HUGE portion of their audience use Twitter. What better way to fire up the feud than in front of a willing audience. Yes, many on Twitter are the very worst neckbeards going, but they suddenly (well - not that suddenly, its years old now) have a platform that they can use between shows to hype their product. 

Becky is absolutely great at it though. She just gets it. 

Becky's usage of social media is the futute of this entire business. Can you even imagine the past six to eight months if she hadn't started running her own angle and character online?  They'd have had absolutely nothing going for them and the idea of women closing Wrestlemania - even factoring in Ronda - would've been laughable. 

Edited by Supremo

I said this in the other thread, I’m enjoying, particularly the Beck side of the back and forth, but I worry, especially the route its going that Vonce is going to cool on them both due to the PG perspective and we’ll end up with a Charlotte win at Mania

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Nigel Farage.

I'm entirely clear now, thank you. I'm surprised I didn't twig earlier.

How you go from one of the best Raws in a long time to that garbage is beyond me. Just nothing of any note all show aside from The Shield reforming for the 4th time.

It blows my mind they've went from a straight up Ronda vs Lynch red hot feud with actual serious discussion of them main eventing, to this confusing mess. Add Charlotte, take Becky out, have about 3 number one contenders matches despite Becky winning the Rumble, take Rousey out, add her back in, turn her heel. It's all over the fucking place. It's awful and I have no interest in watching them in a triple threat now.

Russo is definitely back isn't he? He definitely scripted that HHH promo.

Don't really agree on the women's stuff. They're adding layers that didn't need adding for the sake of filling TV which is always a shame but the basic emphasis is on building sympathy for Becky and stacking the deck which they've not strayed from. 

I'm still not in live with the triple threat though. Best outcome for me is Ronda fucking over Charlotte to ensure the singles match (which makes sense because of her promo last week) and that gives them a reason to make it up to Charlotte with a shot at Asuka. It's more contrived than it needs to be but it's the perfect out I think.

Not much else to get excited about. Shield reunion is a tad rushed but there's a PPV on Sunday at Rollins is busy at Mania so that would always be the case.

I'm delighted they let Rousey have a go back at the fans. The fans deserve some push back after crapping on another perfectly good babyface. Rousey is at her most captivating when she seems unhinged and hopefully WWE let her embrace that. They'd do well if they watched all the clips from her Tate feud.

Although it's fairly clear they're booking week to week with this story they're telling. 

So, the Rumble winner might not even be at Mania, at least, that's what they're hinting at with the Becky/Charlotte match. How many times in one night did Steph flipflop her alignment?

Feels like another last minute rewrite, especially with that "early" finish, needing Steph to fill about 5 mins, finishing with the glorious "HOLD THE TITLE UP RONDA"

As for HHH, could he get any more worked shoot? I don't blame the writing team for that, more than likely they had zero input. 

The NXT thing is overplayed already, never thought I'd say that about Black and Ricochet. Even I found it a stretch to have them challenge for the titles.

"One last time, the Shield reunites", erm, Cole, did you speak too much?

Heck, even a Philly crowd couldn't rescue this panicked overbooking.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm still not in live with the triple threat though. Best outcome for me is Ronda fucking over Charlotte to ensure the singles match (which makes sense because of her promo last week) and that gives them a reason to make it up to Charlotte with a shot at Asuka. It's more contrived than it needs to be but it's the perfect out I think

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, and kind of expecting. 

As much as Charlotte is presented as the corporate favourite on TV, it's clear that the company is 100% behind Becky Lynch. The Smackdown Women's Title, meanwhile, doesn't have a match. Given that there will also likely be a Tag Title match and the Not-Moolah Battle Royal, I can't see them just doing a "throw all the women in a clusterfuck" for that belt, which means we're due a one-on-one match, and that should be Charlotte/Asuka.

Becky's almost certainly winning, and Becky's story doesn't end at Wrestlemania - so she can still get the redemptive win over Charlotte at the next PPV, can inevitably end up fighting Stephanie McMahon at Summerslam or whenever. They don't need to throw all their eggs in one basket, and I hope they don't.

6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

How you go from one of the best Raws in a long time to that garbage is beyond me. Just nothing of any note all show aside from The Shield reforming for the 4th time.

The WWE has a habit off pulling one really good episode of TV and getting everyone excited from time to time, then follow it up by going back to utter shite.

Edited by Egg Shen