The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

11 hours ago, Jacko said:

When the ratings are down bring back Vince 

If this is their genuine reaction to the current state of the product, then that's a damning but sadly predictable indictment of what's wrong at the top of WWE. Even if it's to trigger a redraft, that's still just moving the pieces around a dusty checkerboard. An angle solves nothing; an overhaul of the product and its priorities is what's needed, but that's a longer term fix that I wonder if they have the patience for.

We can downplay the importance of ratings, but if the channel has inked a deal to pay WWE a set amount regardless of content, they're idiots. They're paying WWE to bring in viewers for ad revenue, so if that viewership drops below an agreed level, WWE should be bricking it.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, scratchdj said:

WWE have the wrestlers, the infrastructure (both broadcast and touring-wise) and are healthier than they’ve ever been with regard to being obtaining the talent that’s available. But, the direction and writing are the worst its ever been. Sort the writing out, create some characters and storylines out of the talent at their disposal and I’ll happily watch their products again. 

I wouldn't say things are worse than they have ever been - 2004 was a dark, dark period for instance. And it's only Raw that's been insufferable this year - Smackdown has been very pleasant for the majority of 2018, while NXT has been producing the goods for a long time now. There's no doubt Raw has been terrible and with some creative spark it would definitely improve, but it's not the worst it's ever been. 

Shakeup Vince is the worst Vince. He'll congeal at the top of the stage like a Billionaire Ted skit version of himself, hoarsely willing the audience to make the noise his appearance deserves. 

• Paid Members

I've no idea what they could deliver from a "shake up" that would make things any better. It seems every time they do, all they do is make Smackdown more unwatchable. i suspect they'll do that now by moving some decent people over to Raw.

A couple of things they could do that would help. On screen, remove all authority figures and have some mythical WWE Board making decisions that just happen. Then, and I know this is a novel concept, make heel wrestlers the focus of fans' ire.

Off screen, create two unique writing teams for Raw and Smackdown and create some reward system to generate healthy competition. This may already be the case so if it is, fire the Raw team and get a new one.

• Paid Members

I love the scenario that Vince books all this rubbish TV, and when the ratings hit the floor, he thinks the only way of sorting it out is to walk out there himself. "Let's give them what they really want!" 

Just stop making shitty TV! 

• Paid Members

I can't be arsed with Kurt being GM again. He's proven to be not very good at it. I was hoping for goofy comedy and silly skits when he came in, tapping into what Kurt does best, but we never really saw any of that. He just became someone who stumbled over his words and looked Brock-Lesnar levels of unhealthily pink.

I'd announce that they're going to go GM-free for a while. Have a sort of, "lunatics running the asylum," feel to it. It'd be a breath of fresh air not to have one.

• Paid Members

They don't even know how to, "shake things up," anymore. Sure, we got the closest thing to an on-air apology that I can ever remember, but if you missed the first fifteen minutes then you'd have no idea that anything was supposed to be different. All those reset shows that Russo used to do, it was never sustainable, but at least in a vacuum those shows felt different and exciting. This was just business as usual.

Baron Corbin going through three straight segments, as well as being advertised for next week's main event. Jesus.

Bobbly Lashley and Elias continuing one of the worst feuds of the year. Death.

All the women being portrayed as children, with Stephanie playing the role of their school teacher. 

A long, bloated, drawn-out main event that wasnt even close to as epic as they thought it was.

Even the NXT call-ups are the most uninspiring bunch of nobodies they could've possibly selected. It's so Vince to look at that roster, with people like Shayna, Kairi, Velveteen Dream, Undisputed Era, Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Gargano and Ciampa, and to go "I'll have Heavy Machinery and EC3, thanks." 

The closest thing we got to something fresh was when it looked like a certainty that Seth was going to cost Ambrose the IC Title as one of the masked men, elevating Breeze a little by putting the belt on him, but they didnt even do that.

It was almost tragic by the time they aired those Zayn and Owens vignettes. "Look! These guys will be back eventually, please keep watching!"

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

First time in a couple of years that I've seen Raw on the telly. 

Opening segment with the McMahon family was novel but agree with Supremo, it didn't go anywhere. The Russo reset shows came immediately to my mind too. I don't want them to rip it up to that degree but this was the opposite of them. Given none of the "coming to WWE" guys appeared and Zayn and Owen's were only advertised as "Back soon", literally nothing changed. 

I thought they were going to announce some sort of GM app to make the crowd the authority but no, nothing.

Did enjoy them acknowledging pretty much that Ronda is the star of Raw. Has that ever been the case before? Even when Sable was red hot, there was the little matter of that Austin bloke.

Commentary sucks. Michael Cole's faux excitement can still get in the fucking bin.