d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

It might sound a tad over-dramatic but honestly that was the worst episode of Raw that I can ever remember watching. What a load of boring wank.

The only positive was seeing Seth actually win with the Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo for probably the first time ever. He's learning.

Think I'll stop even skimming through Raw at this stage. Same auld repetitive dross week in and out, inexplicably led by that dullard Corbin. To top it all off, Ziggler is still cutting his 'playing at being a wrestler' promos in 2018. Absolute shite.

Fucking 'Boss and Hug connection' has to be up there for one of the worst team names ever too.

Edited by DCW

22 minutes ago, DCW said:

Fucking 'Boss and Hug connection' has to be up there for one of the worst team names ever too.

Hug o’ Boss would have at least had the merit of being a terrible play on words.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

It might sound a tad over-dramatic but honestly that was the worst episode of Raw that I can ever remember watching. What a load of boring wank.

The only positive was seeing Seth actually win with the Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo for probably the first time ever. He's learning.

Expect more of that, apparently the Curb Stomp is on the banned list again. Supposedly someone at the network nixed it, I'm guessing cos kids imitating?

I don't think it was the worst Raw of the past few months, to be honest. It wasn't good though. Some of the booking is ridiculously lazy. Case in point, Finn Balor cuts a promo saying he's fighting the good fight against the evil new regime faction, yet an hour earlier when said regime was battering Elias for around 20 minutes Balor was nowhere to be found. It's the kind of thing that could be covered so easily too. Just a throwaway line on commentary saying Corbin has beefed up security backstage so nobody can make it out to help Elias. But they just can't be arsed to explain anything now. Ziggler and McIntyre seem to have ended their partnership, but we've had zero explanation why. Just a lazy bunch of bastards writing the shows now.

Obviously all their creative juices went into that bizarre Ambrose promo this week.

5 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Expect more of that, apparently the Curb Stomp is on the banned list again. Supposedly someone at the network nixed it, I'm guessing cos kids imitating?

Seth has replied to the guy that claimed this rubbishing it. 

9 hours ago, DCW said:

Christ alive, have they STILL not pulled the trigger on their feud yet??

On 11/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, tiger_rick said:

What puzzles me is how they still put out a pretty good show on Tuesdays. Obviously they do great stuff with NXT and it's spin offs but that's a different setup. But the same people are writing a decent show while simultaneously writing an awful one. How can that be? It's not as simple as 3 hours. 

Apart from the obvious reasons of 3 hours/Vince having his mental hands over everything, it definitely helps that Smackdown has a far, far superior roster. Smackdown has established high level talent: AJ, Bryan, Miz, Joe, New Day, The Bar, Usos, Orton, Mysterio, Becky, Charlotte, Hardy and more potential top acts on the sidelines. Raw really only has Rollins (a poor man's AJ Styles if everyone is honest), Braun, Ronda, McIntyre and Elias. The rest of the show is filled with dull midcarders like Corbin, Ziggler, Balor, Lashley etc who are never really going to amount to anything. The difference between the two rosters is fucking shocking.

49 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Apart from the obvious reasons of 3 hours/Vince having his mental hands over everything, it definitely helps that Smackdown has a far, far superior roster. Smackdown has established high level talent: AJ, Bryan, Miz, Joe, New Day, The Bar, Usos, Orton, Mysterio, Becky, Charlotte, Hardy and more potential top acts on the sidelines. Raw really only has Rollins (a poor man's AJ Styles if everyone is honest), Braun, Ronda, McIntyre and Elias. The rest of the show is filled with dull midcarders like Corbin, Ziggler, Balor, Lashley etc who are never really going to amount to anything. The difference between the two rosters is fucking shocking.

That also occured to me during Smackdown, hence my comment about a star in every segment. You're right, it really does. If you looked at this Raw, where Ambrose and Strowman didn't appear in the arena (if I've read right), Lesnar wasn't there and Roman is obviously out long term, you've only got Rollins and Rousey who are genuine stars in three hours. Then on smackers, in two hours you've got Styles, Joe, Hardy, Orton, Mysterio, Nakamura, Shane, Becky and Charlotte. Plus a massively superior tag division and support from Miz, Rusev, Asuka and Shane McMahon. It's night and day.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

hen on smackers, in two hours you've got Styles, Joe, Hardy, Orton, Mysterio, Nakamura, Shane, Becky and Charlotte. 

What I find interesting is how many of those aren't homegrown stars.   Smackdown is very reliant on the import guys who've come through NXT in the last few years.

Outside of Brawn Strowman, how many homegrown stars has NXT actually produced since, well, the Shield?  The mid card is awash with NXT alumni but if we're honest a lot of them haven't lived up to expectations for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

What I find interesting is how many of those aren't homegrown stars.   Smackdown is very reliant on the import guys who've come through NXT in the last few years.

Outside of Brawn Strowman, how many homegrown stars has NXT actually produced since, well, the Shield?  The mid card is awash with NXT alumni but if we're honest a lot of them haven't lived up to expectations for whatever reason.

Bray Wyatt was WWE champion (although he's probably around the same time as the Shield).

Rusev was after the Shield and was a star for a time.

Baron Corbin is prominently placed.

Struggling other than that though.

And Velveteen Dream is going to be THE guy.