d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

Didn't AAA have Antonio Pena's ashes be defended like a title for a bit? I could see Vince going down that road.

Konnan was smoking his ashes through a bong if I recall. They stole them off the son, and had to have a big 10 man cage for the rights to his ashes. Strange.

The likes of Pena and Vince are fair game for when they die, though. I have no problem with Vince's stuffed corpse being hung up for a ladder match or something. They lived their live exploiting other people, so fuck it.

3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Konnan was smoking his ashes through a bong if I recall. They stole them off the son, and had to have a big 10 man cage for the rights to his ashes. Strange.

The likes of Pena and Vince are fair game for when they die, though. I have no problem with Vince's stuffed corpse being hung up for a ladder match or something. They lived their live exploiting other people, so fuck it.

That will be the opposite of what happens.

When Vince’s heart pops, there’ll be a month of cloying displays of grief with everyone having crowbarred into their promos how he was a great man.

Which obviously he was.

But, like they say, live by the creatively empty, needlessly cruel, morally bankrupt pantomime narrative - die by the creatively empty, needlessly cruel, morally bankrupt pantomime narrative..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Seriously, if they don't have a 'Mr McMahon was murdered' storyline after his death with Shane, Stephanie and HHH all considered the prime suspects only for it to be revealed to be someone completely obscure like Curt Hawkins then I will consider it massively disappointing.
You know Vince has something barmy written in his will like that. 
I'm sure somewhere Kevin Dunn is working on the Vince hologram as we speak. 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

It's a big stretch to imagine Vince ever dying.

I can imagine him just ending up as a head in a fish tank, with wires sticking out of him, barking orders down a microphone to Cole.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Or like Krang - a brain in a jar in a massively jacked body. 

Vince winning the title 6 months after his actual death is the most Vince thing ever. 

The only reason I can't see Vince having already booked a posthumous storyline for himself is that I'm not convinced Vince thinks he will ever die.

Watching Raw, all I kept thinking about was that Dean Ambrose episode of the Stone Cold podcast on the Network.

At the time, I was completely of the opinion that Steve was being a prick. Just because Ambrose was a cool-as-ice, relaxed kind of guy who didn't live or die by what happened on WWE television, Steve decided to throw a wobbler and sulk. What a shit host, I thought. Read your guest and adapt your interview accordingly, don't be an unprofessional knob just because he's got a different personality to you.

Well, fuck that. Stone Cold was right. I was wrong. Dean Ambrose is his own career's worst enemy. He's got limitless potential but it's all turning to shit because he's too cool for his own good and not willing to push back when he's given bad material. A true top guy would tell them to fuck off with those crowd-killing Roman lines. A true top guy would throw that handkerchief back in the writer's face. A true top guy would've had the instincts to know what a bad idea it was to acknowledge his marriage to Rene Young on television, immediately putting the stops to it. Watching all this potential go to waste because he's too chill to say anything, I'm left in a similar state of frustration as Steve was here.

image.png.567624a8ffc0623b96bbc98cc783ffd3.png

It's fucking infuriating!

Just look at Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey. Unlike Dean, they've clearly taken a stand and forced through their own ideas and they're both reaping the immediate benefits. Ronda's scripting her own promos and Becky's running her entire character and angle on Twitter and they're now two of the biggest stars in the company. Even all the MMA media have picked up on this Becky Lynch thing.

Just imagine if Dean showed even an ounce of this initiative. He'd be king. As it is though, I've got no sympathy. He's never going to make it and it's all his own fault.

Edited by Supremo

ALL his own fault? It's not like every single person in that company is in a position to push through their own ideas. Becky is a very rare case and really how much do we ACTUALLY know about who's doing what etc in any company? You make it sound like we all go to work and raise hell and do what we want to do. Hardly. 

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

ALL his own fault? It's not like every single person in that company is in a position to push through their own ideas. Becky is a very rare case and really how much do we ACTUALLY know about who's doing what etc in any company? You make it sound like we all go to work and raise hell and do what we want to do. Hardly. 

You’re doing that thing that people do when they compare WWE to a normal workplace. It isn’t.

Anecdotally, the WWE seems to thrive when there’s significant friction between the top talent and the brass. In 2018, when most of the talent are huge fans who are just happy to be there, it’s no coincidence that Vince gets a red hot chubby when Brock fucks him about.

Bryan just burned them over Saudi Arabia, and immediately got the title and the heel turn he wanted. That might be coincidence, though.

But:

Ziggler. Ambrose. Reigns. The list of people whose career would be a lot different if they’d pushed back on horrible material is long.

You can’t do it if you’re a curtain jerker, but if you’re in a feature feud you definitely have more freedom to challenge. Vince has said as much in the past, but the young guys don’t challenge him like the old guard did.

Of course I don’t ACTUALLY know who’s doing what in that company. Here are the things I do ACTUALLY know though.

For a number of weeks, Becky Lynch’s character and storyline on television was at complete odds with what was happening on her Twitter and in media interviews. So either Becky was running her own gig, which got over massively and was then incorporated into television, or this company was able to meticulously design a scenario where they were purposely undermining their own product in the hope it clicked on an underground level. I don’t have faith in them ever being that smart. It’s the same company scripting all of those endless pee jokes involving Drake Maverick. It’s also the same company playing on a real-life Leukaemia diagnosis for heel heat. Forgive me for not believing they could execute something so nuanced.

Similarly, practically everyone on this roster talks and sounds the exact same, apart from Ronda Rousey. They’ve proven themselves to be completely incapable of writing individual voices for their characters. Everyone uses the same language,  tone and promo structure...except Ronda Rousey. So either she’s having a big hand in her own stuff or they’re somehow able to completely change their approach and rectify all of their writing failures specifically for her. Again, I don’t buy it. 

It’s obvious what the deal is and with each passing day Ambrose going “LOL they made me get a Twitter but I’m refusing to ever use it,” looks less and less impressive. Get on there and sort your shit out, Dean.

Edited by Supremo

Quite possibly the worst episode of Raw in years. Another pointless heel faction all over the show destroying two of the most over guys on Raw. Ziggler vs Rollins for the 400th time this year and Drake Maverick pissing on a robe. Awful stuff. 

I've only read about it but it sounds horrendous. They just seem to accept that it's "Holiday season" and give up until Rumble.

There's no pressure to do anything else though, it seems. Ratings are low but USA renew them for huge money so that's obviously not a worry for them. They've built varied and consistent income streams that ensure they're successful despite the lack of stars and the formulaic TV. And there is no competition. And none likely in the future. 

What puzzles me is how they still put out a pretty good show on Tuesdays. Obviously they do great stuff with NXT and it's spin offs but that's a different setup. But the same people are writing a decent show while simultaneously writing an awful one. How can that be? It's not as simple as 3 hours. 

I’m convinced Ambrose is a test case, for them to see how far they can push a top talent before they say something.

Absolutely bonkers promo, that. Made me nostalgic for the hanky.