The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They did that when he first got called up, didn't they?

They need to stay away from Cole's "this is Fin's artistic expression manifesting blah blah" explanation. Makes his entrance come across as some student doing interpretive dance, rather than some Hulk-like beast coming to smash you.

Coach's "why doesn't he do this all the time?" is valid, though.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I don't think they need to explain it. It's not like people don't get it. It gets a big reaction every time. An explanation for why he doesn't do it all the time might help but it doesn't really matter. We all know it's just because they keep it for special occassions.

Did they ever explain why Mick Foley only went into Cactus Jack mode occassionally?

• Paid Members

Mankind was a mad bastard, so it was accepted that he can have split personalities. It actually was some pretty strong character work, thinking about it.

I do agree, that you can go a bit 'Ridley Scott does the Alien prequels' by explaining things that don't need it.

• Paid Members

Raw really does exist completely at both ends of the spectrum, with a totally vacant space in between. You had a really good promo from HHH, Roman's segment opening the show was good as well, and then the main event drama unfolding ended up getting pretty damn interesting all of a sudden. Then the rest of the show is made up with the B-Team/Revival, AOP/Titus, Hawkins/Elias, little miss hugs a lot Vs the Riot squad, and that nonsense Women's Championship presentation stuff, plus Corbin. Lots and lots of Corbin. Over 90% of this show would be total filler even on a C show. Nonsense. 

I really didn't expect The Shield reunion again so soon and I'm intrigued to see where it goes. Strowman before the beat down seemed heelish toe again by doing the opposite of what he said he was going to do and waiting until his opponent was weakened. But then he got absolutely pulverized 3 on 1. If, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, The Shield just oppose everyone, then I think that would be for the best. Have them be equally happy beating the piss out of Strowman as they are Captain Noodle Head, and let the reactions be what they may. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Braun isn't going against his word though. He didn't say he wasn't going to cash in when people are weak, he jus said he wasn't going to do it as a surprise. What he did on Raw is entirely consistent with what he did at summers lam, warn the competition that he was going to cash in at the end of their match and then come to do so. 

On 8/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, ColinBollocks said:

They did that when he first got called up, didn't they?

They need to stay away from Cole's "this is Fin's artistic expression manifesting blah blah" explanation. Makes his entrance come across as some student doing interpretive dance, rather than some Hulk-like beast coming to smash you.

Coach's "why doesn't he do this all the time?" is valid, though.

Really? I could practically hear everyone face palming back stage when he said this. Don’t point out the logic holes live on air Coach!

Edited by Wrasslin

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Really? I could practically hear everyone face palming back stage when he said this. Don’t point out the logic holes live on air Coach!

Really. From the POV Supremo posted about. They didn't like it getting pointed out because the answer is "depends when Vince remembers about it". Obviously he should have been savvy enough to not point that out, but tis The Coach after all, the guy turns up most weeks and still seems to not have a clue what's going on.

Sad thing is I was actually reasonably pleased when he came back but he never seems to grasp the story of the match. Like when Rollins was slow to get to the top so he started talking about cardio and Graves and Cole had to correct him to point out the knee injury.

Edited by Wrasslin

On 8/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Silky Kisser said:

By the same token you've had Braun mercilessly bullying Kevin Owens and beating him up for the best part of 2 months for no real reason. 

Because Wrestling. 

The differences I would highlight with this though is that there are was that behaviour could be explained. Owens is a clear heel who has spent his entire time in WWE beating people down, cheating, turning on his friends, etc. 

With Braun he got caught out trying to exploit him and only acting all pally with him so Braun didn't go after him.

Braun saw through the plan, wasn't going to put himself into vulnerable positions like Jericho or Sami Zayn had so pre-empted it with his actions.

Anything that Braun subsequently does can be easily explained as a heel getting their comeuppance and the scale of the stuff being down by Braun was comparitive to the scale of his size, strength and power.

Owens may receive feelings of sympathy but he's still clearly been a heel for a long time. Anything Braun did was also entirely fair...they're both professional wrestlers/fighters. All confrontations were 1 on 1 and Braun can't be expected to be apologetic for being bigger than others or for being able to give heels their comeuppance.

In contrast his mini feud with Finn he didn't taky any liberties from my memory...he even seemed to have a degree of respect for Finn...because they're both faces.

My issue is that The Shields actions Monday cannot be explained in any mesns at all as anything other than clear heel behaviour.

Even if Braun now went and got 2 others to even the numbers...that wouldn't be a heel move...it's another face move. Asking for allies to help you against a group who are attacking you.

I actually like Reigns. I think he's hugely underrated in the ring and it's forgotten by many just how many really good or really entertaining matches he's had.

My only issue is frustration at how brilliant of a heel he would make and their apparent total reluctance to turn him. I actually think a heel turn with a turn back way down the line is potentially their only chance of ever getting positive face reactions for him.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I actually like Reigns. I think he's hugely underrated in the ring and it's forgotten by many just how many really good or really entertaining matches he's had.

He had a match with the Big Show that I really enjoyed. Plenty of "good" wrestlers have never managed that.

• Paid Members
On 8/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, Onyx2 said:

I hope Shayna Baszler gets called up completely unchanged. She's so good at playing the arrogant bully bitch who can go a little psycho if needed. I hate her smug face, she's great. 

She’s in my top 3 at the moment. I love her in a ‘I fucking hate you’ way. 

I’ve got not interest in the horsewoman but hugely keen on her coming up and being a legitimate threat to Rousey, even as Stephs evil henchwoman