The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Yeah to be honest I don't think you can overstate how much was lost with Seth having the curb stomp taken away, whether it was right or wrong to stop him using it, I thought it looked fucking brilliant, there was also a lot of creative room to get into it and vice versa to counter it. The whole Pedigree thing has always irked me, since day 1. Then the buggers didn't even play it into the story of him vs Hunter!!! Did they even mention it once.

7 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Yeah to be honest I don't think you can overstate how much was lost with Seth having the curb stomp taken away, whether it was right or wrong to stop him using it, I thought it looked fucking brilliant, there was also a lot of creative room to get into it and vice versa to counter it. The whole Pedigree thing has always irked me, since day 1. Then the buggers didn't even play it into the story of him vs Hunter!!! Did they even mention it once.

Totally agree, the curb stomp was over like mad and there was loads of cool stuff you could do with it. I remember Paul Heyman going on about how you could get any move over as a finisher if it was sold as such by everyone involved and it put enough people away. It was not a devastating move to look at it but they had invested so much into it with him hurting Ambrose and threatening to break Edge's neck that it was a shame to see all that undone as it was a legitimate finish.

7 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Then the buggers didn't even play it into the story of him vs Hunter!!! Did they even mention it once.

That bothered me as well. It seemed like it'd be perfect for match two in a three-match arc. First match at WrestleMania, Rollins wins with the pedigree. Second match where the winner gets to keep the move, and HHH wins that. Then the rubber match, Rollins wins with his new finisher. Or at least some mention of it, but yeah, I don't think they even bothered bringing it up. Maybe because they had to go with the injury angle that they fell into.

20 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Wins and losses don't matter, you fud. Road Dogg said so.

This is true half the time. Sometimes it does as losses started to fuck up Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt's careers, but an example of AJ Styles losing to Jericho at Wrestlemania in 2016 didn't hurt Styles in the slightest

• Paid Members

That Raw was dreadful. And I didn't even have to put up with seeing Bray Wyatt close the show as my Sky recording cut out.

From the opening segment being utterly pointless and going on for almost as long as a WrestleMania Pre-Show, we were off to a bad start and it didn't really improve from there if I'm honest. 

One of the most boring episodes in a long time, and the direction seemed non-existent with a lot of guys being in different programs due to the draft. 

Jeff Hardy still felt like he had star power, Strowman got to kill Kalisto again so Braun came out ok, and the Crusierweights, for the first time on Raw that I can remember, had the best match, so they had a good night. As for everybody else - I don't think anyone else benefitted from that show, nor has it left me one bit interested for Payback. In fact I had already forgotten Payback was this weekend until I went online to read the Smackdown results this morning (Sky's recording died again, I really should get it looked at).

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, big7thletter said:

This is true half the time. Sometimes it does as losses started to fuck up Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt's careers, but an example of AJ Styles losing to Jericho at Wrestlemania in 2016 didn't hurt Styles in the slightest

It helped he won the big no. 1 contenders match the night after, then got pushed as a main eventer thereafter, though. I do agree some are capable of overcoming a loss, but they are very rare. On the current roster they probably only have a couple capable of doing so (AJ being one of those).

When Jericho beat AJ I wondered if we'd even see Styles at wrestlemania again, I was worried. 

It's odd they do that sometimes, have somebody lose at Mania only to immediately become #1 contender or even win the belt in Rollins' case

Ryback was the worst though. They made him fall flat on his bonce on a whim against Henry then everyone's meant to buy in somehow

Edited by sj5522

8 hours ago, big7thletter said:

With Ambrose it's been an issue, probably because they think he can overcome losses. With Bray Wyatt though, they're fucked either way because almost nothing he's ever done has been building to him winning or losing a wrestling match. Nothing he talks about tends to involve pinning someone. They still haven't figured out how he works in a wrestling context. Undertaker was fucking ridiculous in wrestling terms back in the early nineties as well, but it was a different era. They haven't worked out how to update the spooky bullshit to fit. Nowadays, every other cunt's gimmick is either that they wrestled on the indies or didn't, and there's this clown in the corner babbling about witches and eating souls like his promo will be followed by cutting back to Mean Gene pulling a vaguely scared face with loads of tellies behind him.

The worst thing about Wyatt currently is that, though him being presented as a big failure who's all talk and magic tricks is nothing new, people still used to want to see him, in fact they wanted to cheer him too, just thinking back to this time last year and that was definitely the case. Now it's just utter desolation, he gets no heat, people don't care to see him, they certainly don't want to cheer him. Him turning the lights out and showing up in the main event got about as much reaction as Apollo Crews

I do think the character is dead, finished until there's a major major rethink in how to present the guy. With the crowds being gobbier than ever surely its only a matter of time until his mYsTeRiOuS~ video packages get shit all over

Bailey chases Alexa through the curtain, stops and walks away, keeping her back to the entrance, and gets clobbered from behind by a returning Alexa.

Sasha chases Alexa through the curtain, stops and walks away, keeping her back to the entrance.