The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Yeah, it wasn't until that sit down thing they did with Jim Ross that the build-up for WMX7 really clicked. And then the 'My Way' video. It didn't feel really hugely important until that face to face sit down though, and wasn't that the go home show, or close to it?

• Paid Members

Even at the time people didn't seem to like that a great deal though. With hindsight you really appreciate just how good it (and Austin in particular) really were. There's loads of shit like that in WWE though, people always go on about them not being able to do subtle, they are fucking great at subtle...but unfortunately for the most part their audience requires everything spelt out nice and loud.

• Paid Members
Yeah, it wasn't until that sit down thing they did with Jim Ross that the build-up for WMX7 really clicked. And then the 'My Way' video. It didn't feel really hugely important until that face to face sit down though, and wasn't that the go home show, or close to it?

It was the go home show.

They showed the interview halfway through the show and the shows final segment was their in ring face to face pull apart brawl. I'm pretty sure that the show closed with Austin storming out of Smackdown swearing like a sailor and vowing to kill The Rock.

Edited by Jaffa

The whole thing seems counter productive, why can't they just talk about beating the shit out of eachother like Rock and Stone Cold always used to?

That was sarcasm right? You know, what with the whole Debra thing, them singing to each other, etc. The build up to Rock vs. Austin at WM 17, bar the Limp Bizkit video, wasn't what you'd call great. They changed it a bit in the go home show but it certainly wasn't all "I wanna beat the shit out of you."

The segment with the singing was on the go-home show for Survivor Series later that year, with Austin and Rock as the respective captains of the Alliance and the WWF.

August 19th Raw

LOS MATADORES!

This is one of the first times I've felt that three hours got in the way of a good show. If they'd cut down/removed some of the filler matches and slashed some of Triple H's talking in the last segment, it would've been brilliant. It was still alright, but a bit damp after such a SummerSlam.

I really liked Triple H's motivations and reasoning, but he took four days to do a speech that could've been done in a couple of minutes. If you knocked back a shot every time he said "I did it for each and every one of you" you'd be in ten comas now. It got dangerously close to Genesis of McGillicutty. All the "He's a good little technician" stuff is great. I love how they've positioned it differently to other rebel vs authority feuds. The part after Bryan appeared was gold. What bastards the regime are!

The Shield as the new Corporation's henchmen is good stuff. Ziggler looked fantastic against them. Henry and Big Show vs Reigns and Rollins should be fun, too. Rollins took a nasty spill in that first match, surprised he moved so well in the second.

Sin Cara's probably finished now, isn't he? Bray Wyatt looked better against R-Truth than he did against Kane, but it's still not clicking. The Prime Time Players are now faces, and they won on telly! Darren Young knew what he was doing in the airport the other day.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed what I saw of Raw. Although, when CM Punk was calling out the fan, my toes were curling. One of those rare moments where I genuinely questioned why I watch these gonks in their undies pretending to be real fighters. Just cringe worthy shite. He has a lot of good points but shit like this is why he's not an attraction to anyone outside the wrestling spectrum. How can anyone look at that and think "oh, I do love wrestling". If this fat fucker wants to boo, let him boo. John Cena got buried by the crowd when he said he was leaving for months on end and he just grinned.

Aside of that, some decent stuff. They got a lot of heat on the Corporation which I enjoyed. Orton is so much better doing that robot act as a heel. As a heel he looks unsettling, as opposed to boring as fuck. I like the subtlety of Vince just hanging back as all the big characters outshine him. I imagine that's leading to them getting rid of Vince. I wonder if Shawn Michaels will come back for a one off at Mania? Triple H and Orton vs Shawn and Bryan with Vince in their corner for ownership of the WWE might be something that would tempt Michaels out of retirement. You can definitely see Shawn getting involved somehow. Bryan and Michaels even have the same beard these days. Also, The Matador lads have potential. Twice the Tito is never a bad thing. I also liked how ShortOrderCook's RyBack Passage idea is actually getting set in motion, judging by the shower skit. Bray Wyatt's character just isn't progressing at all. He just turns up now. I dont even get the character now. He's just another weirdo in an officially licensed shirt.

Oh, and RVD being paired with Ricardo Rodriquez must be an in-joke.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I love Ryback so much at the moment, and the crowdsourced idea a few of us had for Ryback vs Darren Young has to be done now. I won't rest until Ryback walks past Young and says "Dropped your Gay Card" and then gives him a dead arm. Sin Cara must be getting his P45 now though. You don't get them to stop the match because you've broken your finger. Not when HHH is watching in the back. Del Rio was seemingly fucking furious about it as well.

I still can't take to Ziggler being one of the top faces, as it looks like they might be leaning towards. But I want Show and Henry to be Bryan's big buddies! Smiling, hand shaking Big Show is my favourite Big Show.

CM Punk showed tonight why his 2011 face run utter failed, and Daniel Bryan's in 2013 looks like it'll may a success. While there's something inherently likeable about D-Bry, CM Punk is such a fucking unlikeable cunt. Yeah mate, a fat lad booed you. Welcome to wrestling. No need to absolutely fucking bury the poor sod on TV. Shame as well, as I was finally buying CM Punk as a plucky, never say die face in the Lesnar feud.

Crowd were deathly quiet for Wyatt tonight vs R-Truth at one point. The bubble burst already? Looks like Shield are back to being the dominant three in the good books.

Edited by PowerButchi

Enjoyed what I saw of Raw. Although, when CM Punk was calling out the fan, my toes were curling. One of those rare moments where I genuinely questioned why I watch these gonks in their undies pretending to be real fighters. Just cringe worthy shite. He has a lot of good points but shit like this is why he's not an attraction to anyone outside the wrestling spectrum. How can anyone look at that and think "oh, I do love wrestling". If this fat fucker wants to boo, let him boo. John Cena got buried by the crowd when he said he was leaving for months on end and he just grinned.

I forgot about that! Punk doesn't like being booed when he's a babyface, does he? He wore it terribly. The poise and star quality of Cena is gonna be so hard for anyone to live up to. I think they've already sacked off the idea of Punk as the man, and he'll probably be finished about the same time as Cena anyway. If they're serious about Bryan taking Cena's spot eventually, he's got so much work to do to reach that level. Dunno if anyone watched the SummerSlam press conference last week, but Cena and Bryan both did promos on it and they were just worlds apart. If you're the marketing manager for Doritos, you're not looking forward to a Cena-less WWE. I'd expect JC still won't see many days at home while he's injured, he'll be out impressing and promoting. Might be worth getting him to mentor Bryan as well, though that's probably already been happening.

I wonder if Shawn Michaels will come back for a one off at Mania? Triple H and Orton vs Shawn and Bryan with Vince in their corner for ownership of the WWE might be something that would tempt Michaels out of retirement. You can definitely see Shawn getting involved somehow.

At the very least, he'll be there to give Triple H some stern words in the build-up. Cleetus will hate it.

Bray Wyatt's character just isn't progressing at all. He just turns up now. I dont even get the character now. He's just another weirdo in an officially licensed shirt.

He didn't even have the officially licensed shirt tonight. He definitely had that "just part of the roster" feel to him tonight. I reckon they've put so much effort into the McMahons story, the Wyatts have been forgotten already. It's not the sort of gimmick where you can just meander about, either.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Ryback has basically turned into O'Doyle from Billy Madison now.

I think the Bryan vs. Triple H's corporation feud is a good idea in theory. But I reckon Triple H will probably ruin it. He's not as good an onscreen character as Vince and I'd be surprised if he allows himself to be beaten up and humiliated every other week like Vince did with Austin. Also Stephanie McMahon needs to get the fuck off TV now and forever.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Moderators
Ryback has basically turned into O'Doyle from Billy Madison now.

And it's awesome. I especially like his sleeveless "Ryback Rules" leather jacket. I can't believe how much I've fallen in love with Ryback over the past couple of days.

FEED ME MORON!

Also Stephanie McMahon needs to get the fuck off TV now and forever.

C'mon now. "Solid B+!" was AMAZING!

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Los Matadores are Primo and Epico repackaged aren't they? It'll be good for them to get an actual gimmick.

Bryan is going to be huge.

Ryback bullying the guy in the locker room was hilarious.

Edited by Nexus

• Paid Members

Totally bought into the entire Corporation/Bryan storyline last night right up until the end of the show when despite the full roster being on the ramp, none of them helped Daniel Bryan against The Shield. Not even Show or Henry or Ziggler. Ruined the entire thing for me.