The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

"Next time on Suplex Duplex, Brock accidentally uses Punk's latest copy of The Beano to line the cage of their guinea pig, and Punk helps his favourite tattooist move house with hilarious consequences!"

"In this episode of Suplex Duplex, CM Punk goes card shopping at Clinton's in order to apologise to Brock after him and his cool, hip, straight edge friends from somewhat famous bands got giddy on Dr. Pepper and repeatedly called Brock 'Brocky-Wocky-Boo-Boo' and dyed all his sinister, skull-y deathclutch clothes pink."

• Awards Moderator

"Tonight on Suplex Duplex... when Punk's wacky best friend Colt comes to stay, Brock finds his polite manners are tested. What will he do when he discovers the half eaten ice cream bar Colt lost down the side of his favourite armchair? Tune in to find out!"

Good episode, not a chance Christian's taking the world title at Summerslam, he shouldn't be having 50/50 matches with someone like Heath Slater, he's not selfish enough to be a top babyface

Orton looks more of a mega star every week, plus I'm hoping the rumours about the Shield being in the bad books were bollocks, they certainly aren't being booked like they are anyway

AJ looked amazing in the Layla/Kaitlyn match, nice to see Layla get a crowd reaction for the first time in about 18 months too

With all the people who could potentially be involved in the Cena/Bryan match I reckon it'll be a bit of a throwback to the 1999/2000 main events, plus with the crowd no doubt going mental for it I can see it being one of the matches of the year

I was thinking Bryan might win the title from Cena, then Orton comes out for the challenge, but Bryan somehow manages to beat him.

Then on Raw, Orton comes out to congratulate Bryan, and challenges him to another title match, which D Bryan accepts as a fighting champion, then in the match Orton beats the shit out of D Bryan, maybe with help from Vince, making him the heel he's been rumoured to become for so long, he can still become champ, it would make a change for the MITB cash ins. Bryan then can win it back in a couple of months if the crowd stay with him

I'm sure Cena will win, and nothing else will happen, but who knows.

Was an alright Raw. I've been spoiled by too many good matches this year I think. You expect at least one very good match an episode now. Shield vs Orton/Bryan/Cena was a cruel cocktease. I liked the ending angle of the Shield backing Orton off from cashing in which is what you'd expect them to do. This Cena/Bryan feud would be much better without all the background noise though. Vince is pretty poor these days but him grooving to Barrett's theme was ace. Good promos from Cena and Bryan especially. DB's best yet actually. First time he's come across like a grown up in a while.

The crowd were pants.

Not a fan of the Uso's losing again so soon. Kofi's return was a fuck up too. Why didn't he come out and lamp chicken shit Ryback? Ryback's lost, give him something. Unless they're booking him against the guy in catering (loved that segment to bits), I don't get it.

Quite looking forward to an Inferno match! Bray Wyatt + Fire could make a Kane match half interesting. No idea why they put them out there with tons of funk again. Where's Ryder, the Colons or other small blokes?

Not into Total Divas/The Bellas at all but if it results in Natalya getting a little push it's all good in my book.

Big E's still learning the dominant heel role but I like him quite a lot and I'm well up for the tag at Summerslam.

I'd forgotten how good Layla is as a heel.

Brock/Heyman/Punk is just golden stuff at the moment. The dynamic between the characters is great simple stuff and they play each role perfectly. Don't know why Brock nutted Punk in the chin, but it's Brock, he does what the fuck he feels like in THAT moment, and it's electric tv. We also have a likeable babyface in Punk at the moment which is a relief. A lot of that is probably down to Heyman's slimy brilliance but credit to Punk who's been a lot less annoying than last year. He looks surprisingly credible in these punch ups too.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I haven't finished it yet, but Natalya and Aj Lee probably got the bollocking of their lives last night I imagine.

At first I thought the ref fucked up, but she released the hold for no reason and then AJ tapped. Fucking idiots. Someone in the back obviously chose not to let the match end on that shite, because the ref DID signal for the bell with no response.

I've not seen things many things more awkward in wrestling then a smug as shit Natalya stood stock up right next to the ref and, presumably, muttering to the ref 'PLEASE raise my hand'.

Jeez, talk about losing control of your own shit.

• Paid Members

I dont know how anyone can care about Triple H being the referee. They've done this "will he or wont he?" so many times with different guest refs including Triple H. This match just didn't need anyone else in it. Its an obvious ploy either to "save" the buyrate as well, by putting Triple H in there or shift the blame to Daniel Bryan and his beard if it dies on its arse. If this does well, who are the writers and the roadies going to put over to their face? Bryan or Triple H? Its just a shame that Bryan is sort of getting the focus taken off him. Its all about HHH, Vince, Orton possibly cashing it and all this other shite.

I suppose its necessary if Cena's having a long lay off after SummerSlam. Just would have liked to see him get his Benoit-esque win and keep the McMahon stuff away from it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Christian looks like Bobby Heenan.

Alberto Del Rio/Christian is the worst title match in the history of anything ever

Bleurgh.

In fairness, Christian is still a great hand to have about. But, he's always fighting a losing battle with the way he looks, and the fact they are giving him nothing, no material, to flesh his character out and overcome that means no one has any reason to give a toss.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

John Cena's the fucking man, isn't he?

As well as cutting one of the promos of the year, he even managed to, essentially, call Miz a shitehawk in the process. I didn't think D-Bry held up his end quite as well but those sort of things aren't his speciality.

I actually thought the whole segment made D-Bry look a bit of a nasty prick.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
John Cena's the fucking man, isn't he?

As well as cutting one of the promos of the year, he even managed to, essentially, call Miz a shitehawk in the process. I didn't think D-Bry held up his end quite as well but those sort of things aren't his speciality.

I actually thought the whole segment made D-Bry look a bit of a nasty prick.

yeah it did. Cena kind of stopped building the feud and B-Dazzle and decided to basically call the fans that boo him pricks. He's right, but the whole monologue made Bryan look like a fapper. I actualyl thought Bryan held up his end really well, but thought the segment was designed to make Cena look like superman and Bryan like an IWC wannabe.

I'm not overly pleased that Triple H is now the guest referee for Cena vs Bryan but the feud has had Vince sniffing around it too much for it to not have some sort of impact on the match. The Miz TV segment was really good, I thought Cena's speech (when he started going on about the make a wish kid) may drag the whole thing away from the point of the segment but it was rescued and put back on point when Bryan said that Cena did not see him as being on the same level as HBK, The Rock et al. Cena admitting that he would respect Bryan once had won the championship, reaffirming Bryan's suspicions that he isn't considered a threat and is not fully respected yet was a great ending point to leave the thing on.

I'm a bit miffed that Ambrose vs Rob Van Dam is on the pre-show, I hope that the pub I'm watching Summerslam at shows it. I also hoped that Big Show & Henry vs Rollins & Reigns would be announced last minute for the pay per view, I suppose they could do it on Smackdown or just save the feud for after Summerslam.

I suppose the Punk-Heyman-Lesnar bit was alright. Nothing too exciting though, I just haven't really liked this feud. The best bit to come of it so far is probably the video segment with Brock talking to the camera which was shown early in the show. I'm looking forward to the match though.

Oh, the battle royal was alright too.