The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Baron Corbin has been a prominent figure in at least 7 main event segments. Let that sink in.

I'm struggling to think of someone so shit, who has been pushed so prominently, for so long. He isn't even vaguely over. There isn't a single redeeming factor about the useless twonk.

• Paid Members

I quite liked him in NXT. That Breaking Ground show did a lot to flesh out his character, but he's not the same moody, sullen character anymore. He's just a dull weasley heel now. He used to be a little bit imposing, now he isn't. His buzzcut is worse than his thinning Bret-cut was and his clothes are fucking shit. Such an awful look.

He's just a bald Brad Maddox.

Edited by PunkStep

He really is one of the worst ever.  Certainly one of the worst ever that's been "pushed".

His music playing to come down for a match, do a promo, interrupt someone else's promo, it's so upsetting.  Just makes me want to do something else until he's off the screen.

1 hour ago, AdamTH17 said:

I'm struggling to think of someone so shit, who has been pushed so prominently, for so long. He isn't even vaguely over. There isn't a single redeeming factor about the useless twonk.

How long was Jinder champion for?

• Paid Members

How many good matches has he had? My count is one: the Chairs match with Kalisto.

One thing I'll say, I preferred him with long, nasty greasy hair. And they didn't even book a fucking head shaving angle to get rid of it. I know they don't sack anyone anymore but if that changes he should be first to go, the useless shite.

I'm glad the pendulums swung back the other way on Corbin's hair. I remember everyone giving it a slagging when it was greasy and thinning, but I thought that had a certain goonish quality to it that suited him. Now he just looks like Peter Ebdon's done an exhibition match at Download. 

• Paid Members

What I find most fascinating about Corbin is that despite being such a toxic character that the McMahons literally had to apologise on-air for him and his actions, the character didn't even really have a comeuppance. They came back going, "fair enough, Corbin was fucking shit, we're sorry about that," but what really changed for that character specifically? He's still all over the show, feuding with the same guys, often times in the main event.

Even just in kayfabe terms he should've either been fucked off for six months to forever or at least had his character humiliated somehow. If they were to believe things would be dfferent, the audience needed that cathartic release. He should've been shown being forced to work the concession stand, or as a toilet attendant or something. Didn't Vince literally put Bischoff in a garbage truck? It's super unsatisfying that practically nothing happened to the heel GM who abused his power and made life hell for all your favourites. Nevermind looking past kayfabe and facing the facts that he's fucking dreadful and has no upside and will inevitably be a dancing, comedy goof when Vince finally comes to his senses.

Still out there dressed like that too. 

Corbin’s the wrong guy, pushed too hard, too soon. To the point that the boss had to come on to the telly and apologise for how shit he was, which killed him. Drew McIntyre loses credibility just by standing next to the poor fuck.

Ricochet, Black etc are doing gang busters on the main shows for the foreseeable so take the chance to get him off tv. We need the fucking pay off, just for once. 

He’s not even that dreadful! You don’t want him being the fucking voice of Raw but he’s a solid enough promo in doses, he’s got a few decent spots, he’s got some good heel instincts. Drop the shitty mopey music and get him the fuck out of that gear as well. Even biker get up is a massive upgrade.

Now for my terrible idea - Are AOP done? Because they need another big boy tag team and they should put him in a bruiser tag team with another big biker type like da da dooom Ryker! Push them off tv and see if they get any good. Anything but this.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash