The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I actually liked how they've positioned everyone - Although Becky apologised, Vince coming out and suspending her now gives her renewed motivation and over the next few weeks she's going to go all Notorious Becky Lynch on everyone. The suspension actually gives her character a bit more license to go rogue and stir up a massive amount of shit to the point where they have no choice to put her back in. The fact she apologised and they still screwed her over is only going to piss her off more, and a pissed off/fired up Becky is the best Becky. 

Charlotte's inclusion and smug look on her face was played perfectly - she fits the corporate mould brilliantly and taking the heat off of Ronda is actually a smart move. 

The key with the apology now is the follow up. They need Becky to continue to stir up as much shit as possible from this point and go into overdrive with it and the apology will soon be forgotten. 

I think most people would prefer a singles match with Becky/Ronda but that's still an excellent triple-threat match in the making, and it does still make sense from a storyline perspective. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Otherwise its two faces and the risk is the fans (at Mania) won't be as invested.

On paper it's two faces. In reality it's Becky vs her biggest challenge in a match her concussion robbed us of first time around and the house will near 100% be hers. The match doesn't need Charlotte to be the most heated match imaginable. The hottest babyface in the company will have the entire crowd baying for her to beat Ronda, who's already been getting more mixed reactions as her reign has gone on. Becky winning a triple threat that Ronda happens to be in would be a massive ((shrug)) compared to plainly beating Ronda and ending her unbeaten record one on one. It's the difference between a spectacle and "just a match." Charlotte's the smoothest wrestler of the three but for telling me a story, making me care about the result and - I believe - the atmosphere at bell time. she doesn't belong in the ring. If they want to put on a triple threat, do it at an In Your House. WrestleMania deserves Ronda vs Becky one on one.

4 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Dont know why people want the match on  last, the crowd are fucked buy the end of WM. I would prefere it in the middle of the card before the crowd fall asleep. 

Because this year it is probably the only match that would get a response in that position. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Vs Becky at Fast Lane, winner in and loser out. That's a great main event with some stakes for a B level PPV that shouldn't really exist between Chamber and Mania.

Thing is, if that's all this was, I'd have thought they'd have Becky be forced to defend her shot at Fast Lane, not try and win it back. If Vince already has the authority to just say "actually, Charlotte gets the match", what's the impetus for him to keep giving Becky opportunities to win her shot back? (though, admittedly, that's a flaw in the vast majority of "evil boss" angles)

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Thing is, if that's all this was, I'd have thought they'd have Becky be forced to defend her shot at Fast Lane, not try and win it back. If Vince already has the authority to just say "actually, Charlotte gets the match", what's the impetus for him to keep giving Becky opportunities to win her shot back? (though, admittedly, that's a flaw in the vast majority of "evil boss" angles)

If she goes full blown agent of chaos, he'll acquiesce to her demands the way Hunter did when Daniel Bryan was ruining every Raw in 2014.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

If she goes full blown agent of chaos, he'll acquiesce to her demands the way Hunter did when Daniel Bryan was ruining every Raw in 2014.

I think that's a possibility, and that they have Charlotte playing Batista in that equation, but I still think we're getting a Triple Threat. 

I just can't see Charlotte being floated as a possibility for the Wrestlemania main event and then being relegated to just another match on the card.

• Paid Members

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And signing massive tv deals in a time where the metric for viewers has changed. 

The metric that brought about those big deals was that pro-wrestling is supposedly a garaunteed high rating that is DVR proof, but their most recent call proved that both the rating is falling and the DVR ratio is no higher than the television average. There's no doubt he's done well getting those contracts, but there's always the chance someone like Fox can bin them off in five years if they don't get what they thought they were originally buying. As I understand it, Fox's Friday night schedule is already doing so much better than expected that they're not sure they need Smackdown in that slot as much as they did previously. Not the best start to coincide with the falling ratings.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I think some people are giving WWE way to much credit here, Charlotte vs Ronda in a main event title match has been "the plan" since Ronda signed for the company, sure Becky might have forced there hand to change it up slightly like make it a triple threat, but as we know from the whole Roman Reigns fiasco, they always stick to the plan.

They bottled out of their plans for Roman Reigns winning the belt on two different WrestleManias. Terrible example.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will you still watch it?

If I'm working nights and need something to play in the background, sure. But I'm a hardcore loser who loves it regardless and finds more enjoyment out of it than almost anyone, both following it and discussing it. If you're good at writing TV that hooks viewers you should be doing better than only keeping up the habits of your most loyal, dedicated, frankly tragic followers.

Edited by Supremo

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

For someone who reckons he makes movies, I wonder if Vince has ever actually seen one.

Actually fairly accurate.

Vince sees WWE as this all-encompassing entertainment factory, the only thing anyone would need to watch.

He's come up to his writers while they're watching a Hollywood movie on a plane, and been annoyed that they're not watching Raw, or a PPV, or even something made by WWE Studios.

"Well if you want comedy, watch some Santino!", that kind of thing.