The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

It's classic WWE if anything.

I said when EC3 was called up that he will be the next one to get shoved down our throats, he'll be booed out of every building they go to by the Summer, he's just awful.

Take out Becky/Ronda & Lesnar/Rollins, where else are they going on the Raw side for Mania? I can't see one combination of matches with the current crop that I would want to see.

Edited by The King of Old School

It really shows just how much Becky is the star when this show just fell off a cliff after she left. Also Stephanie doesn't have an ounce of charisma compared to her Old Man so I really don't want to see a rehash of Becky rallying against the authority figure...unless its a heel Regal.

Despite it being the best part of the show, the Becky segment still annoyed me. 

What is this need WWE have to recreate Vince v Austin? Every wrestler who gets a bit of popularity or that they want to push is immediately fired into conflict with authority. 

Loads of people go against the grain now, this isn't years back when people were too scared to confront their bosses so took joy in Austin doing it. WWE need to grow the fuck up. 

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, FUM said:

What is this need WWE have to recreate Vince v Austin?

I think it's more to do with the idea that if something's going to be massive in the womens division, Steph thinks her involvement will make it an even bigger deal and thus duty to stick her face in.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

She created the women's revolution, remember?

She also managed to make everyone in the division become great mates and forget their feuds by announcing the first womens Rumble. I wonder if there's a device that could magnify this power to end war on a global scale?

Ambrose doing that job to EC3 is fucking hilarious. The way he's kicking his feet like a little cockroach while looking as struggled as a Swedish massage client from the waist up had me cackling at the absurdity.

Old Ethan didn't exactly come off as the next Rock. Sitting on the barricade to celebrate while people behind him can't even be bothered enough to get off their arse for a courtesy applause. Not like the good old days when kids flocked to the aisles after Tatanka beat Repo Man to get a touch of a real star on his way back to the dressing room.

• Paid Members

EC3 has to be the biggest victim of NXT's, "you know this guy, right?" booking.

He's never been given any kind of character development, no real introduction beyond "it's EC3! And he's here now!", and because he got the "hey, we recognise him!" pop on his debut he ended up booked as a babyface when everything about him screams heel.

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

I think it's more to do with the idea that if something's going to be massive in the womens division, Steph thinks her involvement will make it an even bigger deal and thus duty to stick her face in.

Steph's involvement in the Ronda angle last year was a big deal and was pretty much the highlight of Wrestlemania. Not saying she isn't annoying as hell or that she doesn't do a poor job of putting over talent but their thinking on Steph making it a bigger deal is probably  based on that.

• Paid Members
Just now, boytoy said:

Steph's involvement in the Ronda angle last year was a big deal and was pretty much the highlight of Wrestlemania. Not saying she isn't annoying as hell or that she doesn't do a poor job of putting over talent but their thinking on Steph making it a bigger deal is probably  based on that.

Which was fine, because she was in the match. The excitement for "can Becky beat Ronda" doesn't even need "can injured Becky beat Ronda" much less "can injured Becky beat Ronda when Steph doesn't want her to." Or any third party involvement. (COUGH) Charlotte (COUGH)

12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

EC3 has to be the biggest victim of NXT's, "you know this guy, right?" booking.

He's never been given any kind of character development, no real introduction beyond "it's EC3! And he's here now!", and because he got the "hey, we recognise him!" pop on his debut he ended up booked as a babyface when everything about him screams heel.

I watched TNA back when EC3 was at the upper echelons and despite him being heel at the time, thought they were doing some brilliant work in terms of planting the seeds of a face turn when Magnus won the title.  Because TNA, they never followed through on it, but there were bits with him at that time that were suggesting a face turn would work given the right circumstances.

But there's no way he should ever be introduced as a face - it would only work turning him organically as and when the right situation arose (if at all).  He'll probably never break out of the mid-card 50/50 anyway, but would have more of a chance as a heel to begin with.