The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They'll surely go down the route of "Becky, you don't want to do this...Baddest Woman on the Planet...I pissed her off last year & she ripped my arm off at Wrestlemania & she'll do the same to you..."

Then Becky will rip Steph's arm off.

Sucker punch from Becky that leads to heel Steph trying to install Charlotte into the mania match.

Also confirmed for Raw: Elias vs Jeff Jarrett! Creative have already cooled on Elias if the torch is to be believed. Shame we only got to see him work babyface against Lashley and Baron fucking Corbin before they threw that away. Hopefully Jeff has his shirt on and throws punches for three minutes.

I think Elias was spared by turning heel to be honest. If he was only going to have a chance to wrestle Lashley and Corbin for the next few months he's better off being a heel doing promos and hammy matches with Jarrett as at least it will keep him in the spotlight until a real programme comes along later.

• Paid Members

I presume Elias has turned to cover the departure of Dean Ambrose. It's a shame though because they've not explored him as a babyface at all. There aren't many people on Raw that the crowd actually like either. Can't think of many besides Rollins and Balor. 

I guess they're trying to get people lined up so that Rollins can be the fighting champion after Mania. It makes sense but it's a shame.

I wonder if they are going to go the way of Flair with Angle and do one of those ‘The next time I lose I’ll retire’ angles with him. He’ll probably lose to Corbin at the top of the second hour and that’ll be that. I wonder though after last week if they are going to build to Strowman and Angle against Mcintyre and Corbin at Mania. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Callum1993 said:

I wonder if they are going to go the way of Flair with Angle and do one of those ‘The next time I lose I’ll retire’ angles with him.

I'd be well up for that. Great shout. Let Kurt have some fun TV matches that actually mean something. Ideally, they'd do the angle the way Stone Cold supposedly first pitched it, where Flair/Kurt would put the stipulation on himself in order to motivate and prove something. I always felt they ruined it and lost the tone and drama once they switched it so that Vince was the one who set out the stipulation.

For second just now, I doubted they'd do a repeat of that angle considering it hadn't been that long since they did it with Flair. Then I looked it up and it's been eleven years. That just goes to show how little it feels like WWE changes these days. Between then and now is the equivalent time between when Hogan body-slammed Andre at Wrestlemania 3 and when Austin celebrated with Tyson at Wrestlemania 14. Wow.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping that "Stephanie invites Becky to RAW" is just a justification for a Smackdown talent being featured on RAW, but it's going to be dreadful, isn't it?

I'm hoping Jarrett gets a PPV match or two out of this deal. Even if he's just in the Battle Royal, him doing some business at Wrestlemania would be great.

• Paid Members

A good first twenty minutes or so but this show was fucking terrible after Becky left the building. You'd never guess that this is Wrestlemania season, when they're supposed to be firing on all cylinders.

It's almost admirable how much they're ripping off the Stone Cold angle from 1997, where the evil McMahon won't let the bad ass compete. It was also cool to see Ronda start hinting towards the natural heel turn, although I couldn't tell for certain if that was actually in the script or just something that slipped out of her mouth when she was all flustered. Either way though, this Ronda vs. Becky feud is carrying what is otherwise an ice cold company with almost direction whatsoever. By the time it lurched to that DQ finish in the main event? I was fucking praying for Becky to show up in a Monster Truck or something.

• Paid Members

On the male side, there isn't a single match I want to see outside of Lesnar and Balor again. I feel genuine pity for anyone who doesn't get Balor because I don't know what you'd get out of this show week after week. 

They've iced Rollins, Ambrose and Strowman. They've cooled Elias in the last month. They seem constantly high on Lashley and Corbin but there is nothing there. McIntyre is better but he's cooled knocking about with that big dullard.

The tag team scene is just horrendous. They had more depth in 1995. 

Raw is DESPERATE for the draft. It needs a massive shake up.

• Paid Members

EC3 pinning Dean Ambrose was something else. I know Dean is on his way out so it makes business sense, but bloody hell. Talk about two ends of the spectrum. A guy with all the potential in the world who you've forced out by bad booking, laying down for a useless lump with literally nothing going for him bar a throwback physique. Anyone with any sense would stop and wonder how things had gotten so backwards.