The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I have absolutely no interest in a Horsewomen vs Horsewomen match or feud, and I don't think there's any more money in it than there is in Ronda vs Charlotte or Ronda vs. Becky. If anything it just dilutes that.

In the "MMA" Four Horsewomen, Ronda is the draw, Shayna is the worker, and then there's the other two. Even without them being booked as comically inept henchwomen in NXT, nobody gives a shit about them, they'd just be there to make up the numbers. It would make the whole thing feel forced.

If it were up to me, and if Ronda is taking time off after 'Mania, I would have them keep teasing the Horsewomen, have Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha to come out and celebrate with Becky after she wins at Wrestlemania, with an uneasy alliance forged between Becky and Charlotte. On RAW, have Ronda bring out her Horsewomen and do a "it's time to finally do this" promo, only to have the other three turn on her immediately, with Shayna "breaking her arm" or somesuch to write her out, setting up a match on her return. 

I'm far more interested in a Shayna vs. Ronda feud than I am in pretending that Duke and Shafir matter.

moments like that are the reason so many of us continue to watch WWE weel in week out despite it's many and obvious failings - what a finish - BRILLIANT segment from Becky and Ronda.

surely to god, no one catch watch that and think it needs Charlotte.

I'll be SO disappointed if it's a triple threat. we've seen Becky Vs Charlotte, we've seen Ronda vs Charlotte - we want Becky Vs Ronda.

• Paid Members

I've watched that Ronda/Becky promo five times now. last night, I just hit restart and watched it back to back. It's mega. It's the best WWE promo work since Cena's original response to The Rock in 2011(?).

Edited by tiger_rick

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I've watched that Ronda/Becky promo five times now. last night, I just hit restart and watched it back to back. It's mega. It's the best WWE promo work since Cena's original response to The Rock in 2011(?).

For those that have yet to see it. 

Holy fucking shit that was great. The best thing to happen on Raw for ages. 

21 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Becky and Ronda put on an absolute incredible show there, and yet most comments are just crying about Charlotte. If whining about Charlotte is the key thing on everyone's mind, WWE might as well throw her into the match to play on that. Sure, dey'll be screaming with fear if Rousey has the armbar on Becky on the night if it's 1v1, but it'll be white hot if Charlotte has either opponent locked in the figure eight. Charlotte vs Asuka could be great as well, mind.

Only reason I don't want Asuka Vs. Charlotte is because I expect another Charlotte win. And I'm biased as hell when it comes to Asuka.

• Paid Members

Fit Finlay gesturing Becky to enter The Rumble to a humongous pop, Becky winning The Rumble and that Becky/Ronda promo from Raw. I've watched all three so many times in the last day or two that it's borderline embarrassing. It felt like Becky had really cooled off in the last month or so. I was worried they'd never be able to recapture the magic they had the night her face exploded on Raw. I couldn't be more wrong. She feels even hotter now than she did when she invaded. This is the best. The type of thing that makes me love pro wrestling so much.

image.png.24a3f105e35e490e7ad22f3523910431.png

When it's good it's FUCKING GREAT.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Let's say we're getting Becky VS Rousey (sans Charlotte) at WrestleMania. That's the main event, right? Becky is the most over superstar, Rousey the biggest crossover name. Brock VS Rollins is not a bigger match in my view. This is the chance to have a women's WrestleMania main event.

8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Let's say we're getting Becky VS Rousey (sans Charlotte) at WrestleMania. That's the main event, right? Becky is the most over superstar, Rousey the biggest crossover name. Brock VS Rollins is not a bigger match in my view. This is the chance to have a women's WrestleMania main event.

Agreed, one on one it's the biggest match they have by far at the moment, but when Charlotte gets inserted will anyone care? Might aswell put it in the middle of the card then.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Let's say we're getting Becky VS Rousey (sans Charlotte) at WrestleMania. That's the main event, right?

I would say, but Lesnar doing the big job on the grandest stage will be to them.

• Paid Members

I think anyone with any instincts for this business realises that the money match is Becky vs. Ronda in a singles match, closing out the show, with Becky winning clean.

I fully expect Vince to not only shoehorn Charlotte in, making it a Triple Threat, but to decide on the day to have Charlotte win. Probably pinning Becky.

The only reason I can think that they might consider adding Charlotte is to draw boos away from Ronda.  Have Charlotte force her way into the match, the crowd will shit on her and also potentially she could take the pin.

But like the rest of you, if they don't follow that sensational segment up with a 1v1 match to finish up WM it will be the worst missed opportunity I can remember.  Ronda powering her way through the boos to deliver that comeback was genuinely impressive, she got the crowd's respect for that.

It will be a great match, and I can't think of a better WM moment ending than the hottest act they've had in years beating the biggest crossover star they've had in years.  It will be up there with Eddie Guerrero hugging himself as the ticker tape falls.

Whilst Becky/Ronda in a 1v1 match SHOULD absolutely main event, by the time we get 6+ hours into the show, the crowd will be totally burnt out and the match will suffer so much for it. Perhaps the better idea is to have it in the middle of the show, to maximum heat and fanfare?

Just now, Foalie said:

Whilst Becky/Ronda in a 1v1 match SHOULD absolutely main event, by the time we get 6+ hours into the show, the crowd will be totally burnt out and the match will suffer so much for it. Perhaps the better idea is to have it in the middle of the show, to maximum heat and fanfare?

It would make it better to watch but WWE are clearly invested in firsts for the women's division. This seems like the first logical opportunity for women to headline WM and I am not sure that a natural opportunity will come around again any time soon. This feels like lightening in a bottle and Rollins would have to heat up considerably to convince me otherwise.