The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Nobody in the Arena was offended, they were just excited to see Hulk.

Well, yeah. Despite having to sit through things like five hours of Dolph Ziggler matches, WWE events tend to be exciting to actually go to. You lose a lot of that excitement by not being there.

When you're in the middle of a crowd, and there's an exciting atmosphere, your judgement isn't the same as if you can sit back and think about what you're watching. Suggesting that only the people actually there are the ones whose opinions count is idiotic. 

There are occasions where the context of something happening make a difference - the tampon spot being at a 21+ bar, rather than a family show, for example, makes a HUGE difference as to whether or not it was appropriate. But here, it was also a live TV show, so the live TV viewers (and those who just follow pop culture enough to know what's going on) also count.

Well, despite the fact that some no doubt wanted Hulk to come out and get booed out of the building it thankfully didn't go down that way.

Hulk truly is part of a bygone era, and the level of pop he gets today reflects that. Many of the crowd now probably weren't alive during his prime.

Nice tribute to Gene, and despite a lot of feeling that shoehorning Hogan back onto TV was part of the WWE plan, I think we can see it was about nothing more than that segment. There's absolutely no real benefit to having Hogan on TV today. I doubt he makes any difference to ratings, and the in-arena crowd is respectful at best.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

I think we can see it was about nothing more than that segment.

I think that remains to be seen. WWE's Twitter account tweeted a "HULK HOGAN IS IN THE HOUSE~!" post, which isn't exactly in keeping with the somber and respectful "paying tribute to a recently passed friend" angle. And, I'll reiterate, how many wrestlers and personalities have died previously, and how many of them got someone associated with them cutting an in-ring promo about it?

Everything about it seems like a way to get Hulk back on TV, while skirting as much potential criticism as possible for doing so. I'll be amazed if he's not at the very least featured on-screen at Wrestlemania in some capacity.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, David said:

Well, despite the fact that some no doubt wanted Hulk to come out and get booed out of the building it thankfully didn't go down that way.

Hulk truly is part of a bygone era, and the level of pop he gets today reflects that. Many of the crowd now probably weren't alive during his prime.

Nice tribute to Gene, and despite a lot of feeling that shoehorning Hogan back onto TV was part of the WWE plan, I think we can see it was about nothing more than that segment. There's absolutely no real benefit to having Hogan on TV today. I doubt he makes any difference to ratings, and the in-arena crowd is respectful at best.

Just now, BomberPat said:

I think that remains to be seen. WWE's Twitter account tweeted a "HULK HOGAN IS IN THE HOUSE~!" post, which isn't exactly in keeping with the somber and respectful "paying tribute to a recently passed friend" angle. And, I'll reiterate, how many wrestlers and personalities have died previously, and how many of them got someone associated with them cutting an in-ring promo about it?

Everything about it seems like a way to get Hulk back on TV, while skirting as much potential criticism as possible for doing so. I'll be amazed if he's not at the very least featured on-screen at Wrestlemania in some capacity.

Thing is, he was struggling to climb the ring steps. What exactly is he going to be brought in to do? Cut a short in-ring promo at Wrestlemania? Big deal. He's not a real attraction anymore. Even the nostalgia period has passed him by.

• Paid Members

After skipping the show for a few weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to find they'd rehabbed Seth Rollins considerably. Him running wild in the opener was awesome and it was super cool the way he slapped Triple H's coffee out of his hand backstage. The Last Man Standing Match was good fun too. But then Renee Young mentioned Leukemia and my suspension of disbelief fell out of my arse again. Fuck's sake. They can't help themselves.

Great to have Big Match John back. You notice how much he adds to the show on the rare occasions when he's around. Stopping on his way up the ramp to give every kid he can see a high-five. He's the man. I think I want him to win the Royal Rumble and face Daniel Bryan. 

Nia Jax though. What the hell was that hurricarana on the apron? Surely that wasn't what was supposed to happen?!

https://i.imgur.com/3EvtvV5.mp4

Crazy.

Edited by Supremo