The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Who else is there? Elias is already over and shouldn't be losing. Balor and Rollins shouldn't be in that spot. Gable and Roode are tag champs. Slater, Ryder, Rhyno might have been better options on the night but given their ages/tenures, they've not got the long-term potential that Apollo could have. Titus is useless. I'd have gone with Tyler Breeze, but I think he's already been squashed by Ambrose in the last couple of weeks. In theory, both from a kayfabe and real life perspective, this is the sort of scenario that Crews should thrive in. He's never going to get anywhere on personality alone, so a battle royal win and a plucky, hard-fought loss to an established guy is the best showcase for him. He is fair shite, mind, so that's gonna be a problem. I wonder if another year or two in NXT would've made any odds with him.

• Paid Members

Their new fad seems to be trying to bring this 'fire' out of babyfaces. To be fair it worked well with AJ slapping Vince last week and it worked well with Seth Rollins here. That was one of Seth's best promos to date. It'll get a little repetitive if the McMahons keep going up to all the faces and cut the same "I want to see the REAL you!" type of promos on them, but it's a welcome change for now. 

You know it will inevitably end in tears but it was good to see Drew go over so strongly in the cage match. Really this could have happened shortly after Angle also put him over to make him look like a total bastard, thus giving him more momentum before they fanny'ed about with him in triple threat matches and the like. 

With Apollo Crews, I think his performance was good and there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with the matches or the booking. I think people just have a hard time buying into him because of how much of a non-entity he's been since his call up from NXT, especially the last year or so with the Titus Worldwide shite. He's also a terrible promo which doesn't help. The only thing I might have done differently is switch the title match to the following week. That way, you have an extra few days to build up the match and do a couple of packages around Crews, similar to how they did when he had an NXT title shot on a TakeOver show and there was a big sitdown interview with him, expanding on his backstory, etc. That contradicts my point slightly about him being a terrible promo, but WWE's production crew could at least help with that in terms of how they present him. 

Cage match was good. They did a decent job reheating Drew this week used Ziggler in a way he should be used. I think the claymore is winning me over as a finisher especially when he gets some distance and speed. Hoping they go with Braun winning the belt at Royal Rumble, Drew winning the rumble match and Drew taking him down at Mania. Rollins being the one to dispose of Lesnar might be what it takes for me to jack Raw in again. Great promo from Rollins though I’ll give him that. 

Tamina Snuka in the main event of the last Raw of 2018, Jesus Christ. They’ve fed Rousey so much shit she’s barely as over as Natalya at this point, all while Banks, Bayley and Riot are stuck on the hamster wheel. That match will be ground to dust by the time the tag belts come around. Come on, you can do better with these guys.

• Paid Members

I know wrestling fans have a certain reputation, but there is a guy in the crowd who really turns it up to 11. He is clearly visible opposite the hard cam as Seth and HHH tongue is segment. Detroit has a certain reputation, and to turn up in a purple cowboy outfit complete with purple Stetson takes some bollocks, especially if you are an adult. 

• Paid Members

I haven't watched this before, but on WWE.com there is a short video clip called '7 things you need to know' before tonight's Raw. So tonight we have:

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman, Braun Strowman, John Cena and Hulk Hogan all making appearances. More names will be announced for the Royal Rumble matches. Alexa Bliss interviews Ronda Rousey. Gable and Roosevelt face the Revival for the tag team championships and if that wasn't enough for you, the big singles match on the show is Elias Vs Baron Corbin, just in case you want to watch chinlock's be applied in three different ways. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I hope Franklin and Chad retain those tag belts.

😁 Damn autocorrect. I think I'll leave it as it as, as to be perfectly honest I didn't even remember who the tag team champions were before watching that clip. If you had asked me after watching it who the champs were, I don't know that I would have been 100% convinced of my answer either. 

• Paid Members

Had a look at Twitter before and during the show and there were loads of negative tweets on the Hogan trend. Most, in fact. Preety good reaction in the arena by the accounts I read. Just shows that the old saying is true. It'll be all-white on the night.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Had a look at Twitter before and during the show and there were loads of negative tweets on the Hogan trend. Most, in fact. Preety good reaction in the arena by the accounts I read. Just shows that the old saying is true. It'll be all-white on the night.

It was strange. It seemed like an apprehensive crowd at first, not sure whether to cheer or not. The pop was pretty lacklustre, but the Hogan chant picked it up a bit.

He kept it about Mean Gene thankfully, but in true Hogan form. Basically exactly how you’d imagine and thankfully no hint of an angle. This made it difficult for the crowd to boo even if they wanted to do so.

The montage video was great, lots of fond memories and some clips I’ve never seen, such as him interviewing Hacksaw in front of loads of hasbros and merch.

78FD97F9-5D03-4A6D-A022-2AF8D310B8B9.jpeg.207a461673f2407eb4f71bcf8a21d7d0.jpeg

He apparently interviewed Bushwackers, LOD, Heenan & Sherri in front of the same gear. I really need to find the full versions of these to watch now.

30C1DFB9-378F-458A-84BE-C6CD223EE196.jpeg.e0906f9a647aba2411ec59de2e19d278.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

18 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Same old story-Wrestling Twitter blowing up a load of smoke and getting offended by everything. 

Nobody in the Arena was offended, they were just excited to see Hulk.

No doubt wrestling twitter found something offence in that very respectful and well produced segment.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

No doubt wrestling twitter found something offence in that very respectful and well produced segment.

Probably the big old racist at the centre of it, I'd have thought.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Same old story-Wrestling Twitter blowing up a load of smoke and getting offended by everything. 

Nobody in the Arena was offended, they were just excited to see Hulk.

Yeah, how dare people be offended that a racist bigot got put back on TV. The cheek of them!

Eh.  It's like finding out your old dad is racist.  He's still your dad.  I actually thought it was quite a sad segment - all those old friends and foes of Hogan, all dead.  He's like a relic of a bygone age.  What's he got to look forward to?  More back pain and then death. I'm happy to see him pop up as a talking head in WWE videos, but really the era of bringing him out for a pop is gone now.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

.  I actually thought it was quite a sad segment - all those old friends and foes of Hogan, all dead.  He's like a relic of a bygone age.  What's he got to look forward to?  More back pain and then death. I'm happy to see him pop up as a talking head in WWE videos, but really the era of bringing him out for a pop is gone now.

Yep when he started bringing up all the dead wrestlers from his era really hit home how he’s basically one of the last standing