The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

80C8B24C-2698-469D-808F-26EBA711B690.thumb.jpeg.8b0d2713be056c313e950a5fe7d3aade.jpeg

What business does Jason Jordan have agenting matches? All he ever had going for him was a fun hot tag. I'd roll my eyes right out of my head if he tried telling me how to have a good match. 

(Looks like Shawn Michael's hand holding that script)

Incredible.

So the product is being universally panned, and ratings are down.  So what do they do?  They turn the problem into a storyline problem - and then fix it IN KAYFABE!

Vince is so crazy that he's forgotten it's not real life.  Changing things in kayfabe changes nothing in the actual creation, booking, and long-term strategy of how Raw is made, and clearly from the rest of the show they've not changed that at all.

• Paid Members

Agree with a lot of your review post their @Supremo but in regards to, “Even the NXT call-ups are the most uninspiring bunch of nobodies they could've possibly selected. It's so Vince to look at that roster, with people like Shayna, Kairi, Velveteen Dream, Undisputed Era, Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Gargano and Ciampa, and to go "I'll have Heavy Machinery and EC3, thanks." I have to disagree to some extent.

Heavy Machinery are the kind of tag team with a lot of upside and here’s why. They aren’t fully established. They work well as a unit and would be an asset to the tag division. They could also split them up fairly early without uproar and you have two big, powerful lads that could slot in to either show as faces or heels. Neither are main event level, granted, but due to size and style, they mix things up nicely, and both solid workers. Especially Dozer, I’m really interested to see what he could do on a singles heel run. He reminds me of Taz and Rhyno combined, but is the size (it not bigger) than Big E. I really like the lad.

Nikki Cross is bloody amazing. Very unique compared to the division in general. She’s the most convincing nutter they have had in years. As long as they stay away from comedy goof ball, she could be an amazing addition to the women’s roster, it’s long overdue.

EC3 is someone I never watched prior to NXT. I was aware of him but didn’t watch TNA. He has been pretty shite given the hype of him signing. Saying that, that might be because he looks to have a typical WWE style, rather than NXT/Indy-esque style (I appreciate I’ve generalised there). He has the chance to stand up and be counted on the main show,  clearly has buckets full of charisma and is a solid enough hand. He might take the bull by the horns, I think given the lack of superstar faces at present, someone like him could realistically step up. I’m not saying he will, but he’s worth a chance.

Lars is, well Lars. I’m not convinced. He has an unusual shape and the head of Baraka from Mortal Kombat. Saying that, I know he is liked by a lot of people. He stood out in NXT due to his size and mass. I’m interested to see where he goes. But he’s a shit Braun, so I don’t know in fairness. They’ll likely give him the push out of who they’re bringing up.

They are all done in NXT though. They can’t offer anything else, so it’s time to be called up.

We still might get a Rumble Surprise though, such as Dream, that’s what I’m hoping for.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, the_mole said:

the next two weeks of Raw & Smackdown are Christmas Eve & Day & New Years Eve & Day I wouldn't expect them to put much work into those episodes as ratings will be shit anyway.

They recorded Raw last night and I believe are doing the same with Smackdown

Man, I appreciate we are on a bit of a downturn at the minute, but is it any worse than the normal December Lull?

usually at this time of year, there isn’t a lot of continuity with the product, specifically around storyline’s, but in truth there’s quite a lot going on at the moment (Dean/Seth (needs work), Bryan/AJ (more please), the GM situation on Raw (over it).

As mentioned above the Women are stealing the show currently. They have had some fantastic PPV matches over the last few months and are really rising to the challenge 

It needs to be a long term focal shift. I have no interest in them throwing away lots of random shit on one show and then going back to their old ways. The first step is acknowledging that they have issues but it needs to be different for much more than a single episode. The real key is getting things right after Christmas, as we all know these weeks aren't ever worth watching. And they were never going to just drop all the storylines like they never happened. It's not an easy position to be in.

I'm not surprised that they haven't killed NXT by making loads of call ups. Why would they? It's doing damn well and there's no need for it.