The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

2018 and people are still talking about ratings and comparing them to previous years as though nothing has changed in how we watch tv. Such a weird obsession wrestling fans have with ratings.

Exactly, I've no idea the DVR ratings, Hulu, YouTube etc, USA Network & Fox didn't pay a fortune for nothing, even these numbers are bigger than almost all the shows on Cable TV.

• Paid Members

Fox cancelled a shit ton of shows for performing badly. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fox-2017-18-season-ratings/amp/

Then signed smackdown for a reported billion. 

I would think the tv stations would want a product preforming well to sell the advertisers. 

When wwe are admitting the ratings stink and the arenas are not at capacity on their own show I suggest there is an issue. 

My post was to show that it dropped even lower this week 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

2018 and people are still talking about ratings and comparing them to previous years as though nothing has changed in how we watch tv. Such a weird obsession wrestling fans have with ratings.

That argument doesn't stand up when you're comparing it to a year ago. There hasn't been a revolution in 2018.

The "obsession" comes from the fact the two biggest names in the history of pro-wrestling on TV decided they are the key indicator to the success of wrestling companies on TV. That hasn't gone away. Personally, I don't care, although is interesting to wonder whether there is a tipping point.

Ratings always matter in TV. Even in 2018.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That argument doesn't stand up when you're comparing it to a year ago. There hasn't been a revolution in 2018.

The "obsession" comes from the fact the two biggest names in the history of pro-wrestling on TV decided they are the key indicator to the success of wrestling companies on TV. That hasn't gone away. Personally, I don't care, although is interesting to wonder whether there is a tipping point.

Ratings always matter in TV. Even in 2018.

That was 18 years ago and the main reason people obsessed about it then is because Bischoff etc told us how important it was. And of course it was important and of course it still matters, much like it matters with virtually anything on TV, but you don't really get this obsession with ratings in other forms of TV. I remember you used to have a bit of ratings rivalry between Corrie & Eastenders, but like Raw & Nitro, that was a flat out battle to determine which show was most popular.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That was 18 years ago and the main reason people obsessed about it then is because Bischoff etc told us how important it was. And of course it was important and of course it still matters, much like it matters with virtually anything on TV, but you don't really get this obsession with ratings in other forms of TV. I remember you used to have a bit of ratings rivalry between Corrie & Eastenders, but like Raw & Nitro, that was a flat out battle to determine which show was most popular.

It's because the size of the audience is the only competition WWE has these days. WWE vs. Neilsen is the only battle.

You're right though, it's clearly old news. Otherwise we might have Seth Rollins starting Raw this week talking about them 😉

6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

you don't really get this obsession with ratings in other forms of TV.

Sure you do, X Factor and Strictly instantly spring to mind.  Although, much like WWE, They have other revenue streams  that are important, such as phone votes and live shows.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You're right though, it's clearly old news. Otherwise we might have Seth Rollins starting Raw this week talking about them 😉

Well, I'm not sure "if WWE are talking about it, it's relevant" is the best measure for anything, really...