The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Wrestling has loads of parrallels to TV shows, live theatrics and sports but then has these crazy, fascinating unique elements. What other product admits its shit to its entire audience so regularly? It's not new either. Remember Vince McMahon's "insulting your intelligence" promo or Eric Bischoff's sit down where he admitted nitro was shit and losing. It's madness.

Imagine being someone who actually enjoys Raw. How confusing would this be?

• Paid Members

I admire those that like it enough to stick through the November/December drudge until they start bothering again for the Rumble. Occasionally they'll throw a Goldberg in there to keep your hand in, but for the most part it's clearly just them an auto pilot and keeping all the good ideas until the Rumble-Mania run (hopefully).

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

I admire those that like it enough to stick through the November/December drudge until they start bothering again for the Rumble. Occasionally they'll throw a Goldberg in there to keep your hand in, but for the most part it's clearly just them an auto pilot and keeping all the good ideas until the Rumble-Mania run (hopefully).

We keep saying this and its true that they put more into it but when was the last time people didn't moan about the Rumble or the build to Mania or the prospect of a week long Mania?

• Paid Members

All this 'it's not going to improve until Vince steps down' bollocks, as though it's been constantly shite for 15 years, which let's be honest it hasn't. The product will improve, history tells us that at this time of year they don't bother trying.

23 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

We keep saying this and its true that they put more into it but when was the last time people didn't moan about the Rumble or the build to Mania or the prospect of a week long Mania?

I'm dreading Wrestlemania already.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

I know it’s always scatterbrained and directionless at this time of year, but even so. That opening promo was something else. Your top babyface, likely facing Brock Lesnar for the Title at Wrestlemania, and he’s banging on about ratings, whining that heel tag team The Revival aren’t being pushed enough and then repeatedly going, “Coward! Coward! Coward!” over and over again like an annoying prick.

Even if his criticisms of the show are completely accurate, it’s hardly a babyface act to moan like this, is it? They’ve honestly no idea how to write good guys anymore. I think it was by the third repeat of, “Coward!” that I wanted Corbin to slap the microphone out of his hands.

On the plus side, Roode and Gable’s matching gear was neat and at least they actually managed to get one over on the heels instead of the constant, endless heat segments we’ve had for months.

Apollo got a right handful of Sasha’s crotch, didn’t he?

Imagine being the prop guy tasked with sticking a life-size version of a dead bloke on a table. I’d love to know how it’s spoken about backstage. It’s like they live on another planet.

I’m assuming they gave away that TLC main event for free because Strowman’s probably squashing Corbin in seconds, unable to do much else with his injury?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Imagine being the prop guy tasked with sticking a life-size version of a dead bloke on a table. I’d love to know how it’s spoken about backstage. It’s like they live on another planet.

As always, they try to tap into current issues. 

Screenshot_2018-12-11-12-32-58.png

• Paid Members

Quick FYI as I’ve just spotted my series link was ending - the live Raw is on Sky Sports Mix (121 on the Sky EPG, Christ knows anywhere else) next week.

I think that channel is the ‘free’ one so if you’re not a Sky Sports subscriber but want to watch these amazing shows you keep hearing about (how could you not?!), here’s your chance.

Got to love how Vince brushes everything off. Its shit for fans but he must be laughing. Doesn’t matter if it’s another scandal or if he’s just pumping out shitty television, he’s practically untouchable. The last few weeks of tv have been universally shat on, one ended with a “we want refunds” chant. And yet the next time Vince appears on tv I guarantee he gets a bigger pop than anyone else on the roster.

It's immense. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in those booking meetings!

"Alright our records are the LOWEST EVER but we're gonna turn it into one of those WORKED SHOOTS and it's gonna be lead by BARON CORBIN DAMNIT!!"