The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Disappointed but not surprised in the slightest that they've waited all of a month to use a human beings real-life cancer diagnosis as part of a throwaway line to try and get heat in a promo. I know that none of this would've happened without Roman's express consent, but it's disgusting how obvious it is that they've been waiting to exploit his illness as part of a storyline and they've barely been able to contain themselves for a month.

Doubt it.

They never asked Ric for permission when they hadĀ Paige takeĀ that awful, needless shot at Reid Flair. He admitted he cried when he saw it. If they were willing to shit on the deadĀ son of one of their legends without even saying "Is this cool....?"Ā then exploiting Roman's illness is a given.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Chances Vince has already written an angle to feature his corpse when he eventually dies?

Didn't AAA haveĀ Antonio Pena's ashes be defended like a title for a bit? I could see Vince going down that road.

Edited by unfitfinlay

I can imagine the office in sheerĀ loathingĀ at what a big deal the news media made of LittleĀ Jamal Khashoggi because, goddammitĀ it, we've got an entertainment show to run, here!

You just know the McMahon family are going to talking head it on documentaries years from now as that time they were public enemy number one again, but by god "we knew we needed to go over there to put smiles on peoples faces!".Ā 

• Paid Members

Stephanie McMahon talks about dismemberment. WWE are so happy with the line that they actually repeat it on commentary.Ā 

Dean Ambrose tells us Roman's Lukemia is his punishment for being a bad 'un.Ā 

There's a six man tag at the start of the show that never, ever ended. There's probably still only been one man eliminated, and Corbin likely still has Elias in a chinlock.Ā 

Then we have that catering nonsense with Drake Maverick.Ā 

I was trying to think of something positive to write about this episode of Raw, especially after a really entertaining weekend of big shows for the company. I can't though. It was a mess.Ā 

Stephanie's '9/11 talking-heads speech' was pretty grim too if I remember rightly.
I'm sure it was along the lines of 'America is suffering and my family knows suffering - the Government went after us'.
Apologies if that's off [it was 17 years ago] but I seem to remember people going 'Did she REALLY just compare what her family have been through to the events of 9/11?!' or something similar.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

Didn't AAA haveĀ Antonio Pena's ashes be defended like a title for a bit? I could see Vince going down that road.

Konnan was smoking his ashes through a bong if I recall. They stole them off the son, and had to have a big 10 man cage for the rights to his ashes. Strange.

The likes of Pena and Vince are fair game for when they die, though. I have no problem with Vince's stuffed corpse being hung up for a ladder match or something. They lived their live exploiting other people, so fuck it.

3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Konnan was smoking his ashes through a bong if I recall. They stole them off the son, and had to have a big 10 man cage for the rights to his ashes. Strange.

The likes of Pena and Vince are fair game for when they die, though. I have no problem with Vince's stuffed corpse being hung up for a ladder match or something. They lived their live exploiting other people, so fuck it.

That will be the opposite of what happens.

When Vinceā€™s heart pops, thereā€™ll be a month of cloying displays of grief with everyone having crowbarred into their promos how he was a great man.

Which obviously he was.

But, like they say, live by the creatively empty, needlessly cruel, morally bankrupt pantomime narrativeĀ - die by the creatively empty, needlessly cruel, morally bankrupt pantomime narrative..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Seriously, if they don't have a 'Mr McMahon was murdered' storyline after his death with Shane, Stephanie and HHH all considered the prime suspects only for it to be revealed to be someone completely obscure like Curt Hawkins then I will consider it massively disappointing.
You know Vince has something barmy written in his will like that.Ā 
I'm sure somewhere Kevin Dunn is working on the Vince hologram as we speak.Ā 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

It's a big stretch to imagine Vince ever dying.

I can imagine him just ending up as a head in a fish tank, with wires sticking out of him, barking orders down a microphone to Cole.

• Paid Members

Watching Raw, all I kept thinking about was that Dean Ambrose episode of the Stone Cold podcast on the Network.

At the time, I was completely of the opinion that Steve was being a prick. Just because Ambrose was a cool-as-ice, relaxed kind of guy who didn't live or die by what happened on WWE television, Steve decided to throw a wobbler and sulk. What a shit host, I thought. Read your guest and adapt your interview accordingly, don't be an unprofessional knob just because he's got a different personality to you.

Well, fuck that. Stone Cold was right. I was wrong. Dean Ambrose is his own career's worst enemy. He's got limitless potential but it's all turning to shit because he's too cool for his own good and not willing to push back when he's given bad material. A true top guy would tell them to fuck off with those crowd-killing Roman lines. A true top guy would throw that handkerchief back in the writer's face. A true top guy would've had the instincts to know what a bad idea it was to acknowledge his marriage to Rene Young on television, immediately putting the stops to it. Watching all this potential go to waste because he's too chill to say anything, I'm left in a similar state of frustration as Steve was here.

image.png.567624a8ffc0623b96bbc98cc783ffd3.png

It's fucking infuriating!

Just look at Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey. Unlike Dean, they've clearly taken a stand and forced through their own ideas and they're both reaping the immediate benefits. Ronda's scripting her own promos and Becky's running her entire character and angle on Twitter and they're now two of the biggest stars in the company. Even all the MMA media have picked up on this Becky Lynch thing.

Just imagine if Dean showed even an ounce of this initiative. He'd be king. As it is though, I've got no sympathy. He's never going to make it and it's all his own fault.

Edited by Supremo

ALL his own fault? It's not like every single person in that company is in a position to push through their own ideas. Becky is a very rare case and really how much do we ACTUALLY know about who's doing what etc in any company? You make it sound like we all go to work and raise hell and do what we want to do. Hardly.Ā