The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

27 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

There is a ton of stuff we just accept because it's wrestling but that doesn't mean you can't pull them up for shit story-telling. That's inexcusable. Normal wrestling convention is one thing. An Irish whip doesn't make sense. But because every time someone gets irish-whipped the same thing happens, it's logical. Inconstencies happen because cunts like Vince Russo think they can get away with being rubbish because wrestling fans are too stupid to notice.

Inconsistencies happen because the majority of people who watch wrestling don't give a fuck. Do you know who cares? People who post on wrestling forums, that's who.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

Inconsistencies happen because the majority of people who watch wrestling don't give a fuck. Do you know who cares? People who post on wrestling forums, that's who.

Who cares about anything other than people who actively discuss it?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

It's wrestling, you kind of have to forget about consistency

It's a sporting-based TV drama produced by a company that's currently advertising for staff for its "Creative Writing Team."

So no, I don't.

36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Inconstencies happen because cunts like Vince Russo think they can get away with being rubbish because wrestling fans are too stupid to notice

Or too stupid to cancel their subscriptions or stop watching.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Who cares about anything other than people who actively discuss it?

There's a shitload of fans who care about the product that don't actively discuss these minor nuances though, aren't there?

The only people giving a shit about these little inconsistencies are the people who post on forums most likely.

In all honesty, I'm glad there was no internet back in the glory days of the WWF. Could you imagine? We'd have pricks online moaning about how the likes of Jumping Jim Brunzell was criminally under utilised, and the moaning about Hogan would put even your efforts to shame.

Not to mention the fucking onslaught of chatter about how DiBiase never got a run with the heavyweight title.

1 minute ago, JNLister said:

It's a sporting-based TV drama produced by a company that's currently advertising for staff for its "Creative Writing Team."

So no, I don't.

Why don't you apply then and sort it out? I heard that the last guy who made the jump from a magazine to the creative team did okay for himself.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

That'll be why the same number of people watch Raw as always have then, eh, Keith?

WWE know that no matter what shit they serve up, there will be enough people who sustain their business model.  What they are masters at, however, is creating a little segment every few months or so that totally hook us back in because nothing is as brilliant on TV as wrestling when it hits the spot.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

There's a shitload of fans who care about the product that don't actively discuss these minor nuances though, aren't there?

You've clearly spoken to them all so I guess that makes you the authority.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

WWE know that no matter what shit they serve up, there will be enough people who sustain their business model.  What they are masters at, however, is creating a little segment every few months or so that totally hook us back in because nothing is as brilliant on TV as wrestling when it hits the spot.

And that segment usually involves the return of a proper wrestler from yesteryear, who shits all over the chumps who're boring us all to death today.

9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You've clearly spoken to them all so I guess that makes you the authority.

It doesn't take a masters degree to know that the type of people who complain about such minor, trivial issues are usually the ones who are found on wrestling forums discussing such matters.

We're talking people who are a couple of degrees removed from the types who post on Alex Jones forums. The types who obsess over the trivial shit that most people don't even find worthy of a second thought. 

Most folk just tune in, watch the show, and get on with their lives. If it's shit, then don't watch. If there's a few minor inaccuracies or inconsistencies with the storyline you just move on and enjoy it for what it is.

This isn't fucking Poirot we're watching, it's wrestling. So what if a commentator made a throwaway remark about someone not being easy to dupe? Does it really fucking matter to anyone but the most challenged of minds?

EDIT: Apologies to Keith about the double posting,. You see what you're driving me to here @tiger_rick, you bastard! 😁

Edited by David

38 minutes ago, David said:

It doesn't take a masters degree to know that the type of people who complain about such minor, trivial issues are usually the ones who are found on wrestling forums discussing such matters.

We're talking people who are a couple of degrees removed from the types who post on Alex Jones forums. The types who obsess over the trivial shit that most people don't even find worthy of a second thought. 

Most folk just tune in, watch the show, and get on with their lives. If it's shit, then don't watch. If there's a few minor inaccuracies or inconsistencies with the storyline you just move on and enjoy it for what it is.

This isn't fucking Poirot we're watching, it's wrestling. So what if a commentator made a throwaway remark about someone not being easy to dupe? Does it really fucking matter to anyone but the most challenged of minds?

EDIT: Apologies to Keith about the double posting,. You see what you're driving me to here @tiger_rick, you bastard! 😁

I think this is why I don't tend to watch on my own now but instead always record and watch the shows with my two boys who are 7 and 9.  thankfully not yet Jaded by the internet they still watch with the simplicity of goodies vs baddies and exactly the mentality that you talk of where a little guy beating a huge dude like Big Show or Braun would be awesome.  They cheer for their favourites just as loudly at a local house show as they do watching Reigns or Brock on RAW and the world of wrestling is so much more fun as a result.