The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

I also think that, had he not forfeited the title, he’d have been the one who got absolutely murdered by Lesnar and not Cena.

This was 100% the plan. Break the streak then crush Bryan to make him the biggest heel ever, so Reigns beating him at Mania 31 would be wildly popular. Sounds good on paper.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

It's always so obvious when Brock is in the opening segment, that he's earning his 250k as quickly as possible and you can imagine that he's already left the building 20 seconds after he gets to the back. 

And fair fucks to him. If I could leave work once everything I needed done was done, I would.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

It's always so obvious when Brock is in the opening segment, that he's earning his 250k as quickly as possible and you can imagine that he's already left the building 20 seconds after he gets to the back. 

"Keep the engine running, Rena. I'm curtain jerking tonight,"

• Paid Members

Naff show this week. Mentions of Roman’s diagnosis to further storylines just aren’t needed, but even without that everything was just incredibly boring and formuliac. It was a lazy show across the board. They’ve already got their Saudi millions so in their minds they had absolutely no need to push the boat out with any sort of creative spark to generate more interest. 

One day someone will grab this show by the scruff of the neck creatively and breathe new life into it.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I lasted up until Baron Corbin was trying to get heat using Roman’s Leukaemia diagnosis. Fuck off. 

Meh. That was obvious and expected. Boring is a real-life Salacious Crumb.

• Paid Members

An average show overall but there were definitely a few positive moments.

Fair play to them putting Drew over so strong in the main event. The crowd didn't seem to know how to react but that's the type of win that, if built upon correctly, can help make Drew into the star he's clearly got the potential to be. Shades of when Brock murdered Hogan that time. Good stuff. If you have to bring these old guys back and put them in matches no-one really cares about, at least use them to build for the future. Honestly though, imagine even a year ago hearing that HBK and Kurt Angle would have matches within a few days of each other and in both cases no-one would give a fuck. Amazing, really.

I almost wouldn't allow myself to notice when she was shooting~! on Nikki, but fuck me Ronda has improved MASSIVELY on her promos. She did a great job here and I'm almost sad this match with Becky is happening with such little build because I think it's the biggest thing they've got by miles. Realistically, this should've been saved for Wrestlemania. When they inevitably go with Charlotte vs. Ronda and it has nowhere near the buzz of this, I wonder if they'll realise their mistake. Becky's the next big thing. I'm dead serious when I say I'd put her over Ronda at Survivor Series. Flash KO. Give Becky the big win to push her over the edge, then build to the Wrestlemania rematch. I reckon you could get Becky on talk shows if you position her as Ronda's first loss in WWE and I reckon she'd do a fantastic job milking it and building up the rematch. Anyone with eyes and ears can see she's got something no other woman on the roster has. In fact, no-one on the roster period. Why not explore that potential and see how far she can go?

I got a genuine rush of excitement when Seth brought up Lesnar. Of course, I'd never wish Leukemia on Roman, but with him out of the picture I see no reason why they don't capitalise on the fantastic year Seth has had by positioning him as the top babyface. Have Seth topple Brock at Royal Rumble then defend against Ambrose at Wrestlemania. I also like the fact that they're not rushing to Ambrose vs. Seth at Survivor Series. For the first time in a long time these pay per views that host specific matches is actually going to help the product by forcing them to hold off on this angle in favour of a traditional Raw vs. Smackdown match. I'm also happy to see Seth and Dean wasn't sold as much on Roman's diagnosis this week. Even though you have to expect the worst from this company, that still left a real bad taste in my mouth last week. I wonder if Nakamura will be motivated to have a good match against Seth?

LOL at that shit with Natalya's shades. As if it wasn't shit enough, exploiting her Dad's death over some sunglasses they literally only introduced minutes earlier, but any sympathy or outrage they hoped to garner was ruined the moment Nattie's weird face tried to act upset. Has she had tonnes of work done? Or is she just the strangest-faced human being that's ever lived? Nothing seemed to work properly or look normal as she slobbered in HD.

Finn's a bad, bad chump. Crazy that they kill him so badly when they're in such need for top faces, too. I'd assume this is leading to a heel turn but I feel like I've expected that from Finn for at least a year now.

I don't care about Nia or Tamina at all. Does anyone?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Have Seth topple Brock at Royal Rumble then defend against Ambrose at Wrestlemania.

I don't care about Nia or Tamina at all. Does anyone?

I think they'll do it the opposite way round. There's hatred between Rollins and Ambrose now that would feel really artificial to wait until Mania to blow off unless they did escalating gimmick matches until then. They're going to need a babyface to carry the ball when Brock fucks off and until Roman comes back, it's clear they're not confident in Braun doing so any time soon else he'd be champion already, so I assume they put the U belt back on Lesnar because they have a different face to beat him for the hard push. If the idea for Mania should be, as CM Punk put it, "your best good guy against your best bad guy" then their answer is Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar.

Have Ambrose somehow steal the I title which Rollins really doesn't need and then Seth leaves him in the dust in some kind of non title (non sanctioned?) car crash at the Rumble. Dean free to defend the midcard belt against midcard wrestlers and Rollins talks up how it's too long since he was THE champ. Have him win an Elimination Chamber and go on to Mania to "slay the beast." "Corey, this man has been through so much. The injury that caused him to miss WrestleMania one year, one best friend going through serious illness and then betrayed by another. To come through all that adversity and be where he is tonight, blah blah blah"... writes itself. Oh, and HE WINS.

Tamina? Tamina getting any kind of focus is almost as weird as a couple of years ago how they decided Nattie was a big deal worthy of respect after 7/8 years of doing jobs and achieving nothing memorable. Like the "family" push was dormant or something. For every few of Randy, Roman and Charlotte, truly there's a David Sammartino. Watching old NXT episodes where failed projects like Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan and Brodus Clay quietly go about their business - if the NXT model hadn't advanced beyond that over the last five years, that's where Tamina would be right now, looking at the lights for Bianca Belair.

• Paid Members

Is there even any guarantee Lesnar is at Wrestlemania? One of the stories going around is that he's contracted for one more match after Survivor Series, and that's at either the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. 

With UFC 235 in March, is Lesnar going to commit to (even by his standards) a Wrestlemania schedule?