The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

That was a great way to take something terrible and use it to boost someone else. I loved the ending to the show. The main event scene we've had for a while now is gone. It will be interesting to see if Drew can push forward, if Ziggler can maintain his decent performances with something else, and if Braun is going back to the face status he had a while back. The Elias/Corbin segment was also great! Very amusing.

Pretty eventful Raw, only watched the highlight videos as you see pretty much everything worthwhile. Terrible news for Roman wouldn't wish that on anyone. I even said a while ago that Roman needed a break but not like this . However WHEN he comes back i'm looking forward to what they do with him even if its 2 or 3 years down the line. To do the Ambrose turn on the same night was a wonderful original thing to do as it would be typical for the allies to win the tag belts in tribute so to add an edge was an exciting twist. WIll this be over in a few months do we think or will they string it out with Ambrose getting the big belt before Mania and Rollins winning the Rumble?

I thought the build for Evolution was decent with Trish and Lita, I assume Alexa is still being limited due to her concussion. Speaking of limited although one of the least talented in the ring in the company arguably I find Alicia Fox wonderful she's fantastically irritating as a lacky and also usually drop dead gorgeous to boot.

Has Elias turned then? I can see them using the John Cena blueprint from 2003 with Elias, being asked to be apart of Team Angle if they do Angle Vs Corbin survivors match although they will probably be lazier and just have him be a face instead of people questioning his integrity as part of the team leading to being a face after. Although hopefully they push on to an IC Title win at the Rumble of Mania and then mixing up with the main event next year. For me he might be limited in the ring but really that doesn't matter he has a great look, catch phrases and the crowd are pretty into him. I wonder what his merch sales are like already. A year long push sustained as a face would give a good indicator as a top guy. He is certainly the one I would get behind new.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, they turned Ambrose on that night, of all nights. Certainly a shocking moment. 

Lesnar v Strowman doesn't do much for me. Strowman saying he was going to beat him "all over Crown Jewel" was ridiculous. Don't say Saudi Arabia, whatever you do. Then maybe they'll all forget. Really hope they go with McIntyre. That would freshen things up.

• Paid Members

Gonna find it really awkward expecting to boo one of Romans best mates after they (by necessity) went "real life". Something awful is going to happen with the tag title now, I can feel it.

Slightly concerned what this does for Drew now, he does nothing for me in singles but I wouldn't complain massively about a fresh main event heel, but now the heel focus on that line right underneath is going to be Ambrose.

Gutted for Roman, goes without saying. Cancer killed my dad and one of my best mates is right now helping his wife recover from having both boobs removed. It doesn't discriminate. Hope he recovers and returns a hero.

• Paid Members

After Roman’s announcement, then seeing Seth Rollins and Corey Graves tearing up, I wasn’t in the mood to watch the rest. Last thing I needed was Lio Rush chanting, “Lashley! Lashley!” Maybe I’ll try again later.

Absolutely gutted for Roman but if anyone can beat it again it's that warrior. His crowd reactions over the past few years have been abysmal, he's knocked it out the park countless times in the big matches proving how good he is. He's just carrying the can for a generally shit product this past few years.

Glad they done the Ambrose turn straight away though, of course it's capitalising on a shit situation but the company is badly needing a hot angle to take things to another level again. Hope they really take the shackles off Ambrose and Rollins to allow them to become as big as they deserve to be.

• Paid Members

The Ambrose turn didn't feel like a turn so much to me, let me explain.

Ambrose webt completely unhinged and destroyed Seth post match while shouting at him to 'say it again'. If this is all going back to Ambrose not liking being called a lunatic last week, you could make a case that someone who's marketing the last few years has used the words 'lunatic', 'unstable' and the likes that his character could be a bit crazy, being away for near a year left him alone with his mind and people have been getting in his head since he returned. He's such a great character actor because he's been playing a tortured, conflicted soul so perfectly for me, that I don't think it'd be classed as a full turn, and that a clearly unhinged Ambrose could and would fight anyone.

Elias turning face on the other hand is bloody perfect because you get a sense he could play a bit of a dick good guy who ribs the fans about where they're from but still means it to be funny. For example why would a drifter be a drifter if they literally hated every city they go too?

The Roman news is absolutely heartbreaking but he showed so much power, class and respect last night that you'd believe if anyone can overcome this it would be him. Thoughts are with him and his family.

49 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

The Ambrose turn didn't feel like a turn so much to me, let me explain.

Ambrose webt completely unhinged and destroyed Seth post match while shouting at him to 'say it again'. If this is all going back to Ambrose not liking being called a lunatic last week, you could make a case that someone who's marketing the last few years has used the words 'lunatic', 'unstable' and the likes that his character could be a bit crazy, being away for near a year left him alone with his mind and people have been getting in his head since he returned. He's such a great character actor because he's been playing a tortured, conflicted soul so perfectly for me, that I don't think it'd be classed as a full turn, and that a clearly unhinged Ambrose could and would fight anyone.

I thought this at the time to be honest, I'm wondering if they will have Ambrose turn up at Raw next week and act like nothing happened to play off the lunatic nick name a bit more.

When probed he could try and apologise and say the emotion of the night with Reigns (I hope they don't go down that route) and winning the tag titles got to him.

There is definitely more mileage in this than just turn Dean now and for them to have 100 matches against each other between now and Mania, the first match of this feud should be at Mania for me.

• Paid Members

Just watched the Reigns promo. Good luck not fighting a tear during that. Given what Reigns is going through, wrestling is trivial, but how amazing would it be if he fights this and comes back with the fans onside, finally. You're a bit of a knob if you're not Team Reigns after that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I thought this at the time to be honest, I'm wondering if they will have Ambrose turn up at Raw next week and act like nothing happened to play off the lunatic nick name a bit more.

When probed he could try and apologise and say the emotion of the night with Reigns (I hope they don't go down that route) and winning the tag titles got to him.

There is definitely more mileage in this than just turn Dean now and for them to have 100 matches against each other between now and Mania, the first match of this feud should be at Mania for me.

If he'd just hit his finisher that'd be one thing, but he didn't. He beat the crap out of Seth and ddted him on the concrete. It was a heel turn. 

• Paid Members

Whoever shouted, "You Still Suck!" at Roman exemplifies everything I hate about pro-wrestling fans. You'd hope he regrets it massively now, but considering the type I doubt he does.

Michael Cole's call aside, I thought that was a phenomenal heel turn in the main event. Ambrose's performance was outstanding. I'm super excited to see where the story goes, how they'll evolve Dean's character and if he and Seth can have matches as good as they did in 2014. There's an absolutely incredible video package to be made to tell the full story of Ambrose vs. Rollins and I'd be ecstatic if they can drag it out until they're fighting for the title at Wrestlemania. Ideally, Bray Wyatt's ghost doesn't turn everything to shit this time.

Michael Cole's, " ON THIS NIGHT!" stuff massively took me out of the moment though. The timing of the turn obviously wasn't the best, but it's forgivable when you think about the face of the company leaving indefinitely, meaning they needed to do something big and quick. That call was just too much though. There's bad timing and then there's full-on exploitation. Not that I should really expect anything less from this company, particularly given the current climate, but still. It just felt a shame that such a great piece of business was tainted by going that one step too far. They can't help themselves.

Edited by Supremo