The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It's probably too late now, if we're being honest. The only way it ever would've really worked is if she'd come in like that from the beginning. Gone through some of the lesser names first so that (much like in the UFC) it felt like a big deal when someone managed to survive a significant amount of time with her. I just don't think anything has been gained watching her go fifteen minutes with the likes of Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss that couldn't have been bettered by having her blitz through them, before she eventually starts having those longer matches later on down the road.

If pushed though, I'd happily see her smash Nikki, Bayley, Sasha and Natalya for the rest of the year before meeting her match with Becky at Wrestlemania. Most the women on Raw are pretty worthless at this point, so I'd have no problem sacrificing all of them whilst simultaneously building up Lynch for the inevitable clash.

They're right to do what they're doing with Ronda. They've shown her strengths while allowing her to learn something new. There's nothing wrong with that. They can't afford to sacrifice their entire women's roster especially when the rest of them will likely be around far longer than she is. There's not enough depth for them to treat her like Goldberg or something.

• Paid Members

Treating Ronda's matches like she's everybody else to "protect" anybody else doesn't really do that, it just makes Ronda look the same as everyone else. She shouldn't be, because she isn't.

• Paid Members

They can definitely do a reset. Brock only really became that suplexing monster when he squashed Cena at Summer Slam. Before that he was having long-ish matches and trading wins with everyone he was feuding with.

If the crowd turn on her, you turn Ronda. These days they seem to shit themselves about this, but going by her UFC run, Ronda was always better when she was a salty nutter.

The issue Rousey has is she's shown she's very good at your standard WWE match. If she was shite, I have no doubt they would have went the squash route.

59 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

They can definitely do a reset. Brock only really became that suplexing monster when he squashed Cena at Summer Slam. Before that he was having long-ish matches and trading wins with everyone he was feuding with.

And look how that turned out. It was fine when it was SuperCena, but then when he was doing it to Ambrose and Rollins, there were tears before bedtime. And the same people were upset that someone was being groomed to beat him. And then WWE shat themselves and ended up spinning their wheels with it for years.

If Rousey annihilates Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Bayley, Sasha and Natalya en route to WrestleMania for a proper match with Charlotte, every fucker who cries about everything WWE does will cry about it. So what’s gained? PPVs for the next six months might be ten minutes shorter, so it’s worth doing for that alone. But I can’t see much other benefit.

• Paid Members

I don't think the Brock thing is that bad at all. It went off the tracks because WWE continually shat themselves about the thought of having Reigns finally beat him. For a while Brock was actually doing the business, turning from heel to babyface. What's gained is there is potentially more upside to a dominant Rousey, for all the reasons Supremo mentioned - that was the Rousey that became a mainstream star. I don't mind the long matches (as mentioned she's quite good at them), but my point is it's pretty easy for them to have Rousey go full killer.

Also, Brock being a lazy prick didn't help. He clearly was half-arsing it some nights.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think the reset on Brock actually did wonders for him. He’s a great example of what could be done with Ronda. They brought him back as this huge star, made him have these overlong matches that left him floundering and feeling like just another guy on the roster, then managed to make him special again by having him wrestle matches unlike anything else on the card.

It all went to shit, but not for that reason. For a long while it clicked brilliantly. Everything about that Goldberg feud where they were having five minute sprints was fucking magic.

It went bollocks when they handpicked the wrong guy to topple him, bottled it when the time came over and over again and weirdly decided to write this awful storyline about him being a “traitor,” who, “didn’t care about WWE,” all in the hope of making him the heel against Roman, when all it really did was cool Brock off massively. Before that though he was getting big babyface reactions because he was presented as a proper star. 

None of what happened in the end with Brock is indicative of what Ronda resetting could achieve. I just remember how big of a star she used to feel, how much potential she had, how insane it sounded when it was announced someone as huge as Ronda Rousey was signing full time, and yet here we are now. She’s just another woman wrestling other women in drawn out matches. Go back and watch that match she had with Alexa at Hell in a Cell. Just another woman doing loads of selling. She’s a shadow of her former self.

Edited by Supremo

Just wait till Cormier comes in as Commentator. They can run an angle where he increasingly gets tired watching Ronda looking like a shadow of herself, before calling her out and coaching her back to her former greatness.

He could be the Mickey to Ronda’s Rocky.

”YOU’RE GONNA EAT LIGHTNING AND CRAP THUNDER.... THUG RONDA! THUG RONDA! THUG RONDA!”

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Imagine if Ronda knocked Nikki out with one punch then cut a promo on her. It’d be perfect. People would talk about it. It’d fit nicely into a shitty Twitter or Facebook video. Infinitely better than them going fifteen minutes where Ronda sells loads like she did for Alexa. I can’t think of a better way to finish the first ever all-women’s PPV, setting Ronda up as the biggest star.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

None of what happened in the end with Brock is indicative of what Ronda resetting could achieve. I just remember how big of a star she used to feel, how much potential she had, how insane it sounded when it was announced someone as huge as Ronda Rousey was signing full time, and yet here we are now. She’s just another woman wrestling other women in drawn out matches. Go back and watch that match she had with Alexa at Hell in a Cell. Just another woman doing loads of selling. She’s a shadow of her former self.

I partially agree with this. She's not just another woman wrestler though. That's not right. No, she's not squashing fools. No, they're not bowing to her weaknesses because they just don't do that anymore. Even Shane and Steph get involved in matches that have to go 3 hours because that's just what they do. And yes, I think you're right that they could take elements of when she was flaming hot and recapture that. But I still dispute that she's just like the others.

She's clearly at the top of the hierarchy. She's clearly positioned as someone who can tap out all the others in an instant in a fair fight. Her appearances are still hyped more than anyone in the division. They obviously see what they've got with her and they want to present her as the best of the bunch but these fucking horrible traits that are ingrained in the company stop them getting all of the potential out of these things.

• Paid Members

The problem they've had with top babyfaces of both genders over the last three years is consistency - nobody rewards your faith with actually winning nearly often enough. Roman is the obvious example but in Ronda's division they made Sasha a loser, cut Bayley off at the knees and Nia was only a placeholder. If you make her heels as despised as possible then have Ronda carve them up in sub 10 minutes I think it would be superb. Sell them t-shirts, make her a WINNER.

Until Mania when she can have a competitive match with Charlotte. Nobody hammers Ric Flair's daughter.

• Paid Members

When I heard that this morning I just sighed. Completely ridiculous that he's flipping back to a baby again. They've already showed their hand that they won't be going all the way with Braun. With that decided, keep him heel for a sustained run and have Drew be the smaller man sticking up to Braun, the bully. Use it to build him. Instead it looks like we're headed for 2 on 1 sneak attacks from Dolph and Drew on Braun, who himself won't have half the positive reactions as he was having before he turned on The Shield. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Winston said:

Braun's been attacking Dolph & Drew at house shows. Guessing they're turning him face again?

What a bunch of fucktards, literally making it up as they go along with no long term plan in place.

Maybe he no longer needs to be a heel to fight Roman at Mania (which doesn't really work anyway) because the ridiculous Saudi request for Rock to be champion when they go over next time is going ahead and its Roman v Rocky for the U belt at Mania??