The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Undefeated submission expert, tailor made for an inevitable feud with Ronda, only to be made to look a complete idiot getting constantly outsmarted by Carmella before turning into the weird child-like, dancing charicature.

18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yup. In these situations WWE has nobody to blame but themselves. 

It's almost like Hunter the people giving the pushes in NXT and thinking about tomorrow's draws and Vince the main roster writers have diametrically opposing views on who should get the focus at times.

From a marketing point of view, they've been dickheads. You push Asuka to the moon, not only do you sell every child action figures and t-shirts, you sell them a fucking plastic mask too!!

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

it was very much a step backwards from some of the better matches Paige and AJ had had

What were the better matches Paige and AJ had? Their feud with each other only had one good match, and that was a triple threat with Nikki Bella. I’ve forgotten pretty much the rest of AJ’s career though - did she have a decent match with Kaitlyn on a PPV once?

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Is AJ Lee legitimately looked back on as a good wrestler? I can’t remember a single match she had. Wasn’t it all just creepy, weirdo-baiting, skipping about in converse?

And head slanting, don’t forget the head slanting.

But no, I can’t remember of her either. She seemed to be better because she was surrounded by people worse

• Paid Members

AJ had matches with Paige that stood out to me at the time as a marked improvement on approx 7/8 years of what had come before. I just watched their match from SummerSlam 2014 for the SummerSlam review thread and even though they only got given 10 minutes including entrances to play with, it reminded me how much their matches made me think "that was pretty good" when virtually everything since Trish retired had been rubbish.

4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

AJ had matches with Paige that stood out to me at the time as a marked improvement on approx 7/8 years of what had come before. I just watched their match from SummerSlam 2014 for the SummerSlam review thread and even though they only got given 10 minutes including entrances to play with, it reminded me how much their matches made me think "that was pretty good" when virtually everything since Trish retired had been rubbish.

Yeah, she stood out to me for being competent in a period where not many were. I think she'd have got on fine with the current crop too tbh.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Is AJ Lee legitimately looked back on as a good wrestler? I can’t remember a single match she had. Wasn’t it all just creepy, weirdo-baiting, skipping about in converse?

Absolutely, she was not very good in the ring at all. She wasn't awful, but she was nowhere near as good as she or her fans thought. I don't know what the fuss was about with her. Actually I do, she was quite relatable to wrestling fans.

• Paid Members

It is astonishing that, even on an all-women's PPV, WWE can't come up with anything better than, "throw them all in a Battle Royal". 

Asuka has to be the most mismanaged wrestler in the company. Undefeated forever, won the first Women's Royal Rumble, ton of credibility, marquee match at Wrestlemania - fast-forward less than six months, she doesn't even make the card at Summerslam. Because I don't watch the weekly TV, only the PPVs, before Super Showdown, the last time I saw Asuka wrestle was in July.

It's so frustrating. She's been dead in the water since Wrestlemania, when she was just a sacrificial lamb to Charlotte, who we've been told since day one is the best and most important women's wrestler in the world, so never needed the win in the first place. To make matters worse, the finish was Charlotte being unable to bridge off both hands on the Figure 8 and still winning - so not only did she beat Asuka, she beat her while not able to perform to the best of her abilities. She literally beat her one-handed.

And then, a couple of months later, we got the Rousey/Nia Jax match, where the build was a hype video saying "Ronda was ready for the UFC, she was ready for Hollywood, she was ready for Wrestlemania, but is she ready for Nia Jax?", when "nobody's ready..." was Asuka's fucking catchphrase!

• Paid Members

The Ronda promo was even worse than it sounded on paper. As bad as the bitchiness was, the actual verbiage was far worse.

“...plagiarised and diluted move sets.”

“...a relic that needs to be eviscerated like smallpox.“

”...make the name Bella into a four letter word that will be remembered as the societal sore it always has been.”

WHO THE FUCK TALKS LIKE THIS?!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Ronda promo was even worse than it sounded on paper. As bad as the bitchiness was, the actual verbiage was far worse.

“...plagiarised and diluted move sets.”

“...a relic that needs to be eviscerated like smallpox.“

”...make the name Bella into a four letter word that will be remembered as the societal sore it always has been.”

WHO THE FUCK TALKS LIKE THIS?!

She did a fucking good job with it though. Imagine her with some decent material.

Ronda's promo was the worst and best promo I've seen in years. The insider nonsense has become such a crutch with WWE and its nearly always bad.  I don't know who'd look at Rousey, an intense, no nonsense whopper of asses and think these are words she should say. Is this what Steve Austin would look like 2018? She turned it round massively though.

Rollins and Drew match up really well. As much as I begrudge Seth every time I see the bloody superplex spot it's over so what do I know. The claymore is cool but seems a bit weak as a finisher, wonder if Drew introduces something else if he gets a ME run.

• Paid Members

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, for as bad as the scripting of that promo was it’s indicative of how much Ronda has improved on the microphone that she made it work as well as she did. Considering the material, that should’ve died a painful death. 

Still though, those, “shoot,” lines that everyone has to “drop,” these days in order to get the Rap Battle / Jerry Springer “Oooooooh!” reaction from the crowd forever does my head in. It never ever paints the babyface in a positive light or makes me want to root for them in matches. What happened to actually building some sympathy or heat? Showing a bit of fire or passion? Why’s everyone got to be a smug prick who thinks they’re wittier and smarter than they actually are?

Drew continues to impress. Good match against Rollins then a good angle at the end. Everything about the way he carries himself screams megastar. It’s unbelievable this is the same guy who was in 3MB. Even that Claymore kick looks absolutely boss considering the size of him. Hopefully they strap the rocket to him and go all the way. 

He’ll be sacricificed for Roman within six months, won’t he?