The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve dumped Asuka in a battle royal at Evolution whilst The Bellas main event the first women’s PPV!?

It really is a mystery, full of non-change that no one sees. 

Clock makes a fool of history, Yesterday’s so long ago, they don’t agree with what I know.

Empress of Tomorrow’s got no place to be.

They see the line in the Saudi sand, time to find out who I am, looking back to see where I stand BELLALUTION BELLALUTION

Is that from a Coldplay song?

There's some irony in the fact we don't even have a PPV thread about the first ever women's PPV. 

The WWE seems to have made some pretty tone-deaf decisions over it too.  The battle royal just reminds everyone of how poorly women are generally treated on PPVs.  And Rousey is sent out there, as a face, to suggest that the Bellas slept their way to success.  

For all the undoubted advances in how the WWE treats its female performers, you do get the feeling some of it is merely papering over some pretty huge cracks.

• Paid Members

I’ve not watched up to the Ronda segment yet but I’m not at all surprised they scripted that line. It’s the same catty, shooty, snide way they script all of their babyfaces. They’ve completely lost their way in terms of presenting someone to root for. It’s now more important that they, “drop,” these shitty digs that make the crowd go, “oooooh!” than it is to be actually likeable. It’s an awful indication of the type of people who put this show together. They must be a right bunch of dickheads, so warped and twisted by the bubble that they can’t even understand basic human psychology anymore.

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve dumped Asuka in a battle royal at Evolution whilst The Bellas main event the first women’s PPV!?

Asuka started the year winning the first ever womens Royal Rumble and slapping away Ronda Rousey's offer of a hand shake in her first WWE appearance and now she is dancing with Naomi and in a battle royal on the first womens PPV.
Serious career nosedive.
3+ year undefeated Asuka v undefeated Ronda at Mania in 2019 would have been money in my opinion.

Nikki's going to beat Ronda isn't she? 

• Paid Members

EDIT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ha, no.

I took far greater offence to Ronda using "move set" than the Cena line, to be honest. The point wasn't "LOL U SLAG" as much as tearing down the idea that the Bellas actually "broke down doors." As to her main point, they were shite in a shit era. Personally Nikki started standing out as "less crap than she used to be" when forced to keep up with better wrestlers in the process of her reign built to scrub Mrs Punk from the record books, but even then it was very much a step backwards from some of the better matches Paige and AJ had had, and a bit like treading water until the NXT girls were ready to carry the ball.

I thought Ronda delivered well, tied in to a likely thought the Bella Twats' detractors have which is "No, but WOULD THEY have been so heavily featured and got their own show if Cena hadn't started dating and eventually married one" since they're crap. Liked the smallpox line and instead of banging on about "defeating" I thought the "I will ruin you" line felt organic. Enjoyed.

Only sad thing is now Brie is also a heel there will be no more chances for Liv to get revenge.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I’d completely forgotten about Asuka slapping Ronda’s hand away! Fucking hell. That feels like a lifetime ago. Undefeated submission expert, tailor made for an inevitable feud with Ronda, only to be made to look a complete idiot getting constantly outsmarted by Carmella before turning into the weird child-like, dancing charicature.

Similarly, you’d think the first ever women’s PPV would naturally feature a rematch of the greatest womens match in the history of the company, Sasha vs. Bayley, but they’ve done such an incredible job of cooling both women off that at this point it would feel like filler between two nobodies.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m hoping they’ve got some sort of heel turn planned for Asuka. Going back to the ‘yeah, I’m undefeated and you’re not going to beat me either’ cock of the walk she was at times in NXT could make her interesting again

When she vanished for a few months, Asuka started posting photos of this weird clown gimmick she’d done in the past.

C24E38DD-82EA-49B7-8924-3BBBC1B13634.thumb.jpeg.ca35244b2e21bafdb0d6ddb045ec33a2.jpeg

I don’t know any other information about it, and I’ve never seen her doing it, but I was so excited by the thought of her returning as this creepy heel in makeup. It’s exactly what she needed after her career nosedived after Wrestlemania.

Imagine my disappointment when she returned as a confused seven year old instead.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Supremo said:

When she vanished for a few months, Asuka started posting photos of this weird clown gimmick she’d done in the past.

C24E38DD-82EA-49B7-8924-3BBBC1B13634.thumb.jpeg.ca35244b2e21bafdb0d6ddb045ec33a2.jpeg

I don’t know any other information about it, and I’ve never seen her doing it, but I was so excited by the thought of her returning as this creepy heel in makeup. 

As part of being a nasty heel outsider in JWP she was, at various points, Joker style clown, zombie clown, and even Nazi zombie clown.

ty4Y8r6_d.jpg

If you fancy 15 minutes of Asuka/Kana at her best as both wrestler and as psychotic bitch, this is her against the fabulous Arisa Nakajima for JWP's big belt ;

https://youtu.be/y_gvPHm99rY

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’d completely forgotten about Asuka slapping Ronda’s hand away! Fucking hell. That feels like a lifetime ago. Undefeated submission expert, tailor made for an inevitable feud with Ronda, only to be made to look a complete idiot getting constantly outsmarted by Carmella before turning into the weird child-like, dancing charicature.

Yup. In these situations WWE has nobody to blame but themselves.