The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

IMO, the gimmick was going nowhere until the Final Deletion, and then it took Jeff Brother Nero becoming an obsolete mule and finally breaking himself to come together properly.  Add in the parts played by Senor Benjamin, Reby and King Maxel, and Matt on his own will look like what it is - a pale imitation of the original.

Love that people have lobbied for Broken Matt since the Hardyz returned earlier this year. Now it’s been near enough confirmed of its return/debut in WWE people start shitting over it.

I don’t know why these people that shit over everything WWE does just don't switch off. They clearly won’t enjoy anything. 

Fucking ass suckers.  

• Paid Members

I remember when Matt and Jeff originally left TNA, I spoke about how I’d much rather see Broken Matt in NXT than on Raw or Smackdown. There was far more chance of it working in that environment. Far less over-produced and with a much more handcore audience. The idea of the lights going out during a Takeover show, only for Broken Matt to appear when the lights went up, he’d have gotten the pop of the century. It’d have been the best use of him, too. Fun, whacky skits, but with the ability to work with all the new talent to get them experience of working with a veteran. Plus, Broken Matt interracting with Regal would’ve been ace.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I can’t imagine Vince is going to grasp the subtleties and daftness of what made the gimmick work in TNA. There won’t be any dilapidated boats. It’ll be boiled down to one note in no time flat. He’ll be Matt “The Deleter,” Hardy before we know it.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

it will definitely be over-produced, the commentators will drive home some new whacky nickname and in weeks everyone will wanna see the back of it. Thing is, the Broken thing was always pretty naff, it got over in a so bad it's good kind of way but i think the opinion changed along the way and people tended to think it was some work of genius. I think the WWE suck any of the fun naff factor out of it and just make it shit.

• Paid Members

It's the richness of how OOT and goofy it is - it's just good fun. I remember when WWE tried to rip off Final Deletion with that terrible New Day/Wyatt brawl thing - pretty much Final Deletion without the good fun.

I'd just love to hear the conversation of Matt explaining to Vince the "Lake of Reincarnation".

Edited by ColinBollocks

2 hours ago, FattHardy said:

Why vote facts down? Because I stated a fact that you ass suckers are destroying WWE as no matter what they put out, whether you lobby for something or not, you’ll shit on it no matter what they do.

It may be because you keep calling everyone "Ass suckers". Just a thought.

3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's the richness of how OOT and goofy it is - it's just good fun. I remember when WWE tried to rip off Final Deletion with that terrible New Day/Wyatt brawl thing - pretty much Final Deletion without the good fun.

I'd just love to hear the conversation of Matt explaining to Vince the "Lake of Reincarnation".

Vice would probably jump in, and hope that he came back in shape to have another in-ring run.

• Paid Members

Yeah, there's no way Matt will be given the creative freedom to produce something like Final Deletion in WWE - and no way Vince would get the sense of humour inherent in it. Like others have said, any attempt by WWE to do something along those lines, they've played it straight, and it's been cringeworthy as hell - in TNA, you could tell they knew how ridiculous it was and played it up. It seems like the easiest route to irrelevance in WWE is to be funny without sharing Vince's sense of humour.

Something in the Hardy Compound, with Matt having the creative control, could be great fun in WWE, just thinking of all the random cameos they could fit in, and the fun they could have with the Lake of Reincarnation schtick, but I don't see it.

One problem I always had with it in TNA was that, as the gimmick went on, it became less ambiguous. I don't mind the suggestion that Matt Hardy is possessed by some ancient spirit, and has actual magic powers, but I want it to be kept up in the air whether that was actually happening, or whether Matt was just mental. I felt the same with Bray Wyatt - he's a far more interesting character if you think he's just a psychopath who's convinced people that he's some kind of demonic magical being, but the moment you say he's actually that, he loses a lot of the intrigue.

Edited by BomberPat

19 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, there's no way Matt will be given the creative freedom to produce something like Final Deletion in WWE - and no way Vince would get the sense of humour inherent in it. Like others have said, any attempt by WWE to do something along those lines, they've played it straight, and it's been cringeworthy as hell - in TNA, you could tell they knew how ridiculous it was and played it up. It seems like the easiest route to irrelevance in WWE is to be funny without sharing Vince's sense of humour.

Something in the Hardy Compound, with Matt having the creative control, could be great fun in WWE, just thinking of all the random cameos they could fit in, and the fun they could have with the Lake of Reincarnation schtick, but I don't see it.

One problem I always had with it in TNA was that, as the gimmick went on, it became less ambiguous. I don't mind the suggestion that Matt Hardy is possessed by some ancient spirit, and has actual magic powers, but I want it to be kept up in the air whether that was actually happening, or whether Matt was just mental. I felt the same with Bray Wyatt - he's a far more interesting character if you think he's just a psychopath who's convinced people that he's some kind of demonic magical being, but the moment you say he's actually that, he loses a lot of the intrigue.

Now you've got me wanting to see something with Michael Hayes and the lake of reincarnation. Throw him in a few times so we get freebird Michael and Doc Hendrix pop out to do some classic hotline schtick or something

• Paid Members

well, so far, so good, i thought that first Matt Hardy segment was really good. Chucking him with Bray is likely a death setence but it was a really good little 2 minute clip. No hint of how full on they are gonna go with all the antics, but Matt Hardy is all in.

Edited by Egg Shen