d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

No way. You turn Roman and book him like a bad motherfucker that always wins and kicks ass, he's getting cheered by this crowd. Look at Braun. He went from internet scourge to cult hero in no time because of strong booking. It was the grand irony of the anti-Cena brigade for years - the second they turn him heel and he got some heat, those people would have started cheering again. Roman isn't hated as deeply as people think, and the recent decrease in boos with the Shield affiliation is proof.

Braun became a cult hero because he was battering Roman Reigns all the time. There's no equivalent for Reigns to do that to, the closest thing is Jason Jordan. Do you really think if Roman Reigns starts hammering the ROH lads Goldberg-style every week, it's going to go down well?

Roman getting universal "OOO-AHHHHHH!" calls and far more cheers in the Shield proves that people will pass up what is now just a Pavlovian response to boo him when it suits them. They don't hate him, its (in my opinion) a subconscious pack mentality that stems from Roman's push representing them not having their way. The Shield, which they never wanted to break up, is their way. So they can cheer him without guilt. 

If they turned him heel and pushed him strong, he'd get booed at first, but in time, when it felt organic and felt like they were in control, they'd absolutely cheer him as a heel eventually. Not a doubt in my mind. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Roman getting universal "OOO-AHHHHHH!" calls and far more cheers in the Shield proves that people will pass up what is now just a Pavlovian response to boo him when it suits them. They don't hate him, its (in my opinion) a subconscious pack mentality that stems from Roman's push representing them not having their way. The Shield, which they never wanted to break up, is their way. So they can cheer him without guilt. 

If they turned him heel and pushed him strong, he'd get booed at first, but in time, when it felt organic and felt like they were in control, they'd absolutely cheer him as a heel eventually. Not a doubt in my mind. 

100% this. It's an automated response of self-entitlement. It's not about Roman himself, it's what he does, or more so does not represent. Book him like that and he's be a huge face in the end.

On 15 November 2017 at 12:16 AM, seph said:

My Sky EPG currently shows it as 12AM - 5AM. Not including the 2hr Kickoff show starting at 10.

[potentially] Seven hours for a non-Mania show. Let that sink in.

They will probably have an hour after the show with the panel discussing everything thats happened. That way its also an insight into The Network as well. 

Edited by Briefcase