The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'd imagine she sells the most by clear daylight, I think we forget just how popular are is. She backed it up as well on Raw- the way she carried herself when she appeared on the ramp and had the crowd lapping up every word and mannerism. She absolutely has a star quality about her. The long layoff will have done her the world of good I think.

Completely agree with this - Matrix in rare wrestling opinion shocker!

I tweeted something about this yesterday.  When you think of everything Paige and her family have been through over the past year or so, it took bollocks most of us could only dream of simply to walk through the curtain again.

If you're in film or TV (taped, soaps etc), whilst unlikely to avoid it entirely, you can to some degree control the level of feedback you consume, you can stay off social media, avoid reviews etc.  To step out on live telly in front of 17,000 people, wrestling fans no less, in an environment that's fast becoming synonymous if it isn't already with a mob mentality in terms of telling performers exactly what is thought of them, takes some serious strength of character.

• Paid Members

Aye. Paige's pale anti-diva goth thing makes her somewhat relatable to some wrestling fans, I imagine. She's sort of like a female Jeff Hardy, in that she quite clearly taps into that subculture, while also being good looking enough not to scare off normal folk (again, similar to Jeff).

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Well, before we get giddy, it was the first time she's been around in a year, and before she left she wasn't close to as popular as this. The absence, the scandals, it's kept her name alive indirectly. The real test isn't the "we haven't seen you in a while" pop, it's where she is in three months.

True, although I think her popularity waning in terms of 'pops' was due to a couple of things- her not being booked particularly well and coming across as a bit one-dimensional (the 'this is my house' never really meant anything) plus the rise of the Four Horsewomen in NXT. As Charlotte et al became increasingly popular in NXT, a certain section of fans began to clamour for them to debut on the main roster.

Although whilst all this was happening (Charlotte, Becky and Sasha having the WrestleMania triple threat), Paige's following never diminished. She still had by far the biggest online following, that kind of following that sort of goes beyond wrestling. She had most of the neckbeards behind her- the obsessive fans that were always behind that rubbish AJ Lee for so long. I think Sasha was closest to building a fan base to one day contest Paige's, but was still miles away.

But my god, to come back from everything that has happened over the past year or so. I mean- fair play to her. A LOAD of shite that went down. I mean, a 112-page thread in this forum just to discuss everything that has happened is a testament to not only how much she's been through, but also how popular she is. Can't think of another superstar to have gone through so many separate incidents over such a short space of time. Even British soap writers would struggle to write everything that happened.

just want to thank the guys on here who have supported Paige and my family  through the hard times she has been through, i am not too naive to believe some was not some of her own doing but she has been to the lowest ebb in life a very serious neck injury many many other issues i cant discuss in public we really thought at one stage we would lose her but her fightback has been warrior like to see her walk through the curtain the other nite was very emotional for the family and has been said took great courage by her but was the last step of her journey back. Again thanks for all who supported us for the knockers i genuinely hope you never sample what she has been through or us as a family have had to endure. watch out for the film fighting with my family coming out in spring it will give you a insight to how as a family we tick you will learn alot about us thats not rumour or second hand    

• Paid Members

I watched the highlights this morning and came away thinking that nothing had happened. Not a thing.

Glad DJM thought Roman got a better reaction, didn't know if that was just the sound skipping around in highlight form but I could hear cheers and a chant of "We want Roman".

Bray Wyatt has got fat again. Can't think of anything else that happened.

Really was a nothing Raw, the only thing of any note that happened was the Broken Matt Character seemingly starting to Manifest

It smacked off ''we have no PPV for 9 weeks to build up too so lets just coast for the next 5 weeks and do nothing of note''

Think we'll be getting similar efforts until after Christmas now and the Rumble build will really start on Jan 1st with the only mildly big thing I'd expect is Braun and Kane to have some blow off match, Last Man Standing maybe, around the week Smackdown has Clash of Champions.