The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Paige's MMA mate didn't look ready for the main roster at all.

She really isn't. If you thought Nia Jax was called up too soon, this will be much worse. Deville has looked a bit pants whenever I've seen her. I completely forgot Mandy Rose was still there- when was the last time she was on NXT?

• Paid Members

Sonya Deville needed a lot more time before coming up. She has been very dull on NXT. I think Mandy Rose has just been on the house show circuit. Don't think she's even been in the number 1 contender battle royals. You'd think they'd bring someone up who's good like Ruby Riot and stick her with Paige. But then again, maybe they think they're two similar with their looks. 

They have been wrestling regularly, but whereas the point of the house shows is to get them used to wrestling in front of a crowd it is the NXT tv show that is used to get wrestlers used to working for a TV audience with all the cameras in position. That is maybe why a lot of people are surprised Mandy Rose has been called up this soon, when she hasn't been seen on TV hardly at all.

Then again, the same thing happened with Braun Strowman and that has turned out pretty well!

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, FUM said:

I think people forget NXT has the house shows. Just because they've not been on TV much doesn't mean it's too early for a call up. Both have been in NXT for about two years now and wrestling regularly.

I think in the case of Sonya Deville it is fair game to make the assumption that it's too early because unlike Mandy Rose we do see her regularly on NXT, and she's shit. Nia was called up too early and definitely could've done with another year or so for development, but at least she showed much more at the time than Deville does now. Shayna Baszler was awkward as fuck in the ring at times and needs time in NXT, but even she looks so much nearer the finished article than Deville does.

• Paid Members

Say what you want about Triple H, but he's great at showing some arse. Honestly, I'm more into the idea of Braun v Triple H than Angle v Triple H, right now. You can see Jordan and/or Braun turning on Angle at some point to join Triple H.

I thought Raw was ok. Paige did a good job, even if her pals were a little off.

Paige, Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville is a very odd dynamic. None of them have a thing in common character-wise. Makes AOP + Roderick Strong look like a natural fit

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Paige, Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville is a very odd dynamic. None of them have a thing in common character-wise. Makes AOP + Roderick Strong look like a natural fit

I'm assuming it's because Paige judged the season of Tough Enough they were on, or at least I think they were both on that year? 

Yeah maybe. I just found it strange as Mandy is more of a traditional diva type (I hear she's a decent wrestler these days but last time I saw her on NXT they seemed to be trying an Eva Marie-type thing of that she's a gorgeous model who Corey goes wild for but can't compare to the real-rasslers), Paige has/had the "anti-diva" character, and Sonya is an MMA brute who shouldn't need or want any back-up. Just feels peculiar and thrown together to me.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine she sells the most by clear daylight, I think we forget just how popular are is. She backed it up as well on Raw- the way she carried herself when she appeared on the ramp and had the crowd lapping up every word and mannerism. She absolutely has a star quality about her. The long layoff will have done her the world of good I think.