The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

That's just a heel who wrestles like a babyface, and so doesn't sound very different from what he does now.

Nah. Now he has 20 minute matches where he sells for 70% of the match and then usually, but not always, wins and delivers awful scripted promos. He doesn’t smash through anyone . He has long competitive matches like everyone else. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Interesting Raw. Was music to my ears to know that Survivor Series will be four hours, as much as I usually hate long shows. I had no desire to see stuff like Shield Vs. New Day, Lesnar Vs. Styles or the 10 men tag get short changed. AJ/Brock may not go that long anyway, but who knows. 

My Sky EPG currently shows it as 12AM - 5AM. Not including the 2hr Kickoff show starting at 10.

[potentially] Seven hours for a non-Mania show. Let that sink in.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

They always allow for a potential overrun though, don't they? Hence five hours. It won't be five.

But 10-4 is still nuts.

I realised my wrestling viewing ended almost exactly 6 months ago, which is coincidentally when I left Sky and so stopped getting free PPV.

AJ/Brock has piqued my interest, and today I got an email from WWE offering me free network till after the Rumble.

...I may be back in.

19 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Nah. Now he has 20 minute matches where he sells for 70% of the match and then usually, but not always, wins and delivers awful scripted promos. He doesn’t smash through anyone . He has long competitive matches like everyone else. 

So you want him to be 2016 Braun Strowman, only with top babyfaces in the Ellsworth role? That's never gonna happen. 

No way. You turn Roman and book him like a bad motherfucker that always wins and kicks ass, he's getting cheered by this crowd. Look at Braun. He went from internet scourge to cult hero in no time because of strong booking. It was the grand irony of the anti-Cena brigade for years - the second they turn him heel and he got some heat, those people would have started cheering again. Roman isn't hated as deeply as people think, and the recent decrease in boos with the Shield affiliation is proof.

Braun became a cult hero because he was battering Roman Reigns all the time. There's no equivalent for Reigns to do that to, the closest thing is Jason Jordan. Do you really think if Roman Reigns starts hammering the ROH lads Goldberg-style every week, it's going to go down well?

Roman getting universal "OOO-AHHHHHH!" calls and far more cheers in the Shield proves that people will pass up what is now just a Pavlovian response to boo him when it suits them. They don't hate him, its (in my opinion) a subconscious pack mentality that stems from Roman's push representing them not having their way. The Shield, which they never wanted to break up, is their way. So they can cheer him without guilt. 

If they turned him heel and pushed him strong, he'd get booed at first, but in time, when it felt organic and felt like they were in control, they'd absolutely cheer him as a heel eventually. Not a doubt in my mind. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Roman getting universal "OOO-AHHHHHH!" calls and far more cheers in the Shield proves that people will pass up what is now just a Pavlovian response to boo him when it suits them. They don't hate him, its (in my opinion) a subconscious pack mentality that stems from Roman's push representing them not having their way. The Shield, which they never wanted to break up, is their way. So they can cheer him without guilt. 

If they turned him heel and pushed him strong, he'd get booed at first, but in time, when it felt organic and felt like they were in control, they'd absolutely cheer him as a heel eventually. Not a doubt in my mind. 

100% this. It's an automated response of self-entitlement. It's not about Roman himself, it's what he does, or more so does not represent. Book him like that and he's be a huge face in the end.

On 15 November 2017 at 12:16 AM, seph said:

My Sky EPG currently shows it as 12AM - 5AM. Not including the 2hr Kickoff show starting at 10.

[potentially] Seven hours for a non-Mania show. Let that sink in.

They will probably have an hour after the show with the panel discussing everything thats happened. That way its also an insight into The Network as well. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

I always thought the Shield reunion would be a huge deal, but it feels like it's running out of steam already. Roman's already back to his old gear and I'm just waiting for one of them to turn on the others.

Paige's MMA mate didn't look ready for the main roster at all.

I can see it now; Jason Jordan is going to be revealed to not be Kurt's son, and Triple H is going to be revealed to be the MASTERMIND behind it all.

I should hate everything Kane does in 2017, but I love his daft feud with Braun. Maybe they can knock a whole building down, eventually?