The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

So do we think Jason Jordan will screw Kurt Angle and Raw over this Sunday? Would be a pretty good way to heel him up but cannot see any other scenario with him in the match. Of course you got the whole Kurt Angle father thing (which we all know will probably be a swerve at some point), then Kurt's GM position is on the line also so him losing could be anything from Stephanie/Authority planting him in there (pretend son that is, not in the match) to even Shane McMahon planting him in there to screw Raw over. He also ran up the stairs on Raw to cause the distraction when The Shield lost the title.

Just seems a bit too obvious that he will play a big part in the match on Sunday. That's not to say its a bad thing, just think he is at a point where he needs something to work on and they kind of left the Angle dad story a little quiet.

Edited by Briefcase

mate I need a job, don't know why the fuck I thought it was on last night

Ā 

oh, its probably cos I got a train home from London last night and I normally do that on Monday nights. or I'm just losing the plot

Edited by sj5522

Perhaps you've travelled back to 2001 when they used to present it as live on Fridays?

Always confused me, that. When they were edited for Sky One you'd find that occasionally the Smackdown on Saturday would reference 'last night on Raw', but the promos in the show would still refer to Monday so it made no sense.

Jason Jordan has been aĀ terrible face. He came across like a whiny little bitch last night rather than someone we could sympathise with for having his spot taken from him.

I thought they might play on the fact Corey Graves knew about Kurt being his father and have him be involved in the inevitable heel turn but Jordan's just been involved in so many meaningless mid card matches it's hard to give a damn about him now. His ring gear is shocking too, definitely should've kept the singlet.

• Paid Members

The Jordan stuff is so over-the-top bad that I'm convinced WWE are doing it on purpose. This is all surely leading to Jordan battering Angle, which will get him some major heat. Honestly, I think heel Jordan could be a decent upper midcard attraction when they pull the trigger. He's so hatable, right now.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

The Jordan stuff is so over-the-top bad that I'm convinced WWE are doing it on purpose. This is all surely leading to Jordan battering Angle, which will get him some major heat. Honestly, I think heel Jordan could be a decent upper midcard attraction when they pull the trigger. He's so hatable, right now.

I was expecting a quick pay-off to the angle soon after the reveal but as they've stuck with it, I think the longer they can do that - the more it will mean when it happens.

For last night's show, I don't think that's deliberate. I think it's just the result of asking a pro-wrestler to be a soap actor. They've only employed a handful of people in the last two decades who could have delivered that without looking like a total pussy.

I like Jordan. He's got a great look, good size and is a reasonable worker. He needed far longer working with Chad Gable though. This has come far too soon and the writers got bored of it two minutes after they shat it out. I'm not sure he's coming back from this.

• Paid Members

Yeah, WWE are clearly burying Jordan down the fans' throats deliberately because they know they aren't taking to him. It's definitely an orchestrated and un-organic Rocky Maivia situation. The problem is that I don't even think the fans will care enough about him when that heel turn eventually happens.

Rick is spot on regarding working with Gable and it further underlines what a right hash WWE made of American Alpha. They were super over in NXT and it really shouldn't have been hard to transfer that to the main roster, especially when the tag titles at the time (I think) were being held by bloody Heath Slater and fat Rhyno. The obvious feud with The Usos was booked terribly and they lost heat/momentum as a result. Then when they did win the titles, there was virtually no build-up so they had no heat and the title win felt like a damp squib. They should have re-booted the American Alpha title chase but instead split them in order for Jordan to be thrown into such an inescapable angle that has been a bit of a waste of time so far, and Gable is doing the exact same thing but with an older Jordan!