The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And as for what monstrous threat could finally bring The Shield back together after all this time? Miz, Dallas and Axel, who I'm surprised Roman Reigns hasn't already beaten in a handicap match three weeks running. I can see it working purely as giving them an expendable trio to steamroll through en route to facing someone bigger and badder - but then they're throwing the Intercontinental Champion under a bus in the process, it raises the question as to why The Shield would need to reform to beat these scrubs, and there would need to be someone bigger and badder, and who is there? Fantasy booking, I'd say it'd be pretty awesome if they have a match at Survivor Series, and get jumped by Sanity in their debut, in an echo of how The Shield debuted in the first place. But I don't see it happening.

After Reigns wins the IC title next week I guess they could do The Shield vs. Miz/Cesaro/Sheamus. Feels more like a Raw 2nd hour main event though.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DJM said:

Ok, I should probably have said are they really thinking of doing Shield vs. Miz, Axel and Dallas? Are we at the stage where that is the best they could come up with for The Shield?

Ah, I see where you're coming from now.

To be honest, I can see a little bit of logic behind Miztourage being their comeback match and point to ColinBollocks' and BomberPat's posts to further this.

First and foremost, people want to see The Shield back and ideally smashing through somebody. You stick three of the top guys against them, you're potentially damaging those three guys- especially if the reunion is short-lived (which I think it will be and used to build a bigger feud between them). Therefore, it might not necessarily matter who they are up against. The match against a bigger/better/more reputable tandem can come next, that way you're not TNA-spunking your entire load at the same time. A Shield reunion match is must-see, as is a Shield match against a top notch trio. You put them both together, that's a waste of an opportunity if you ask me.

Whoever The Shield return against can simply be fodder, and there is no better fodder than The Miz. A loss won't hurt him, it especially won't hurt the two jabronis next to him and much like the Rock/Cena VS Miz/Truth match, the spectacle is Rock and Cena (or Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose in this case) tagging together. Let The Shield smash through them and then a bigger challenge awaits that people will want to see. Makes sense to me.

The Sanity idea from BomberPat is a good one, but I think the reunion is going to be used to build something bigger outside of the trio. The AOP jumping to the main roster to destroy Rollins/Ambrose down the line, aligning themselves with a heel-turning Reigns would be ace, but I don't see that happening either.

• Paid Members

That came to mind as well. I remember being insanely excited about a DX reunion with Michaels- so Triple H turning on him pushed him straight back to uber heel. That would be the perfect trigger for a Reigns turn as well (of those that are currently available), and given his clear heel mannerisms at various points this year he'd make a brilliant top of the pile heel, but yeah The Plan and all that.

• Paid Members

The thing with a Reigns heel turn, outside of The Plan, is that they've sacrificed everyone else's momentum in the name of making him the top heel, so who would be able to be top babyface opposite him? It would be heel Austin all over again, where they turn the top face just as the other top face is leaving, and he's left dicking around with the not-quite-main-event and guys who never really drew main event money like Biker Undertaker and Kane.

Who is there to fight heel Roman? Rollins and Ambrose, sure, but are they going to be drawing that top face money? Cena again? Turn Lesnar or Strowman face? Or would they be confident enough that a heel Roman would still sell merch and keep things ticking over? I don't think they have any intention of turning him at all, sadly.

Part of me wonders if they will keep teasing the Shield reunion, but never pay it off. I've had a thought if maybe they'll keep Reigns in a holding pattern til Joe comes back, not verbatim but wasn't there a promo line tying the two's Samoan heritage in some way? Bring Joe back as heel against Reigns face til Rumble rolls around

6 hours ago, DJM said:

This is a serious problem in WWE at the moment and has been a problem for a while.

Watching Rollins/Ambrose vs. Sheamus/Cersaro at No Mercy, I was thinking that these four should be main event stars but have lacked momentum or good booking for a long time.

I could understand that argument if this was the first you'd seen of any of them, but of course they shouldn't. A case could be made for Ambrose and maybe Sheamus, but they've both failed to impress as main event performers. Rollins has been pushed endlessly since the Shield split and he has shown little charisma or presence, and is basically just a MOVEZ guy. Cesaro is always useless without a tag team partner.

This tag team feud is the best thing any of the four have done for ages, and it isn't particularly better booked than the rest of their careers, they're just all pretty lacking as high level singles wrestlers so this fits them better.

So every cruiserweight got a shot in on Enzo after Raw went off the air right? With the no contact clause Enzo asked Kurt for it'll be interesting to see if that comes into play or if it's just for Neville as he was the only one to deck him on TV.

An idea I've had for a while is that the cruiserweights get so sick of dead crowds and CM Punk chants that they band together in a Nexus-like faction against the heavyweights with Neville in the Barrett role. Would freshen things up massively and you could get some real star-making performances from some of them. There's some good stuff on it but 205 can bugger off, I'd rather see what I said all day.

Edited by sj5522