LDN Wrestling presents World of Sport on ITV

Big Rob

• Paid Members

I think modern wrestlers, with good story lines with specific in ring rules could work a treat. The more rules in ring would limit 'creativity' or 'stipulation/gimmick laziness' meaning more of the creativity would need to be developed in the story line/psychology department.

I hope it works for them and will be tempted to go to the event providing further info is provided.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not really understanding the bitterness that is going around about this. The general feeling is "happy, but I hate that cunt Bagga". Why does it matter? How many people hate Vince and still watch WWE? Should it be cool to see British Wrestling back on TV and judge it on its merits, instead of who is behind it? Just wait until you see how it comes across. I doubt ITV is letting this go out from the leisure centre with the local schools apparatus in the background.

• Moderators

If they're bitter, maybe they should put in the time postering and flyering and god knows what else Bagga does and then something like this might happen for them. You can't begrudge someone success through hard graft.

• Paid Members

I've heard the name and understand he's been round the block for bit, but what's the crack? Has he done something to actually piss people off?

Or is it a case of some other wrestlers/promoters don't get on with him so some daft arses jump on that band wagon?

• Paid Members

I attended an LDN show at Fairfield Halls last month, I knew what to expect and enjoyed myself, but I can't imagine that product on a major ITV channel. It'll get ridiculed.

• Paid Members

Got this off another forum.

Greg Burridge

so i just heard world of sport wrestling is to return to itv. this could go horribly horribly wrong and could push back the evolution of wrestling which i and many like me around the u.k have worked very hard to shake off the big daddy stigma attached to wrestling. whoever is involved, desperatly needs to contact the right people , for the sake of professional wrestling as a whole. whoever knows who is involved. please contact me asap please

Jesus wept. This is the reaction I always expected when a British Wrestling fed made it to TV. The rapture has begun.

I think the proper rules being enforced could actually ADD to in-ring creativity. Heels won't be able to just punch their way through matches, nor cheat in front of the referee with impunity because "that's not the finish." And at the same time, the ten-counts will stop faces dead-selling and looking weak. All speculation and hopes at the mo. We'll see what other details come out in the coming weeks.

I think a lot of heat on Bagga comes from him being one of the suspects when councils were getting anonymous phonecalls about shows being unlicensed and getting them cancelled. Not an issue in itself, in fact quite laudable, but one was a charity show, which I think got people's backs up the most. Having said all that, I don't know if anything was confirmed.

• Paid Members
Got this off another forum.

Greg Burridge

so i just heard world of sport wrestling is to return to itv. this could go horribly horribly wrong and could push back the evolution of wrestling which i and many like me around the u.k have worked very hard to shake off the big daddy stigma attached to wrestling. whoever is involved, desperatly needs to contact the right people , for the sake of professional wrestling as a whole. whoever knows who is involved. please contact me asap please

Jesus wept. This is the reaction I always expected when a British Wrestling fed made it to TV. The rapture has begun.

Fucking hell. Shake off the Big Daddy stigma? Consider that job done then, since about 99.9% of the British population have no idea that any wrestling has existed in the UK since the late 80's.

This is basically LDN under the WOS name and rules though isn't it? Which, as has been mentioned, is laughable. No where near a TV product. WOS was a product of its time, why can't people accept that? Bringing it back will achieve nothing.

You don't know that it'll acchieve nothing, it could do decent ratings, give the lads and lasses who work it a bit of recognition and a good payday. Itv obviously like what baggas doing otherwise they wouldnt be working with him.

whoever is involved, desperatly needs to contact the right people , for the sake of professional wrestling as a whole.

He means alex shane?

Archived