What's your Dragons Den pitch?

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm looking for investment to help me build a golf ball with a built in flag that activates when you can't find it.

It'd pop out like a car aerial when you click a button from a small wristband (using technology from NASA or somewhere). You can then walk straight to your ball that's buried in the rough and replace it with another ball (units sold would increase as you won't be able to reset the ball).

The fundamental flaw with this one is, why would you bother using this to find the ball if you can reset it and therefore cant use it again anyway. Its just easier to give up and drop a new ball. You'll need to move with Loki's suggestion of making it re-usable somehow. Even if you limited the number of times it could be used to say 3 or half a dozen times.

• Moderators

It's just an inherently flawed idea. Really costly tech and unfeasible.

Also have you seen the amount of energies expended going into making golf balls with the "perfect" flight? Sticking a fucking tracking radar in the ball is not going to help that. It'll be a shit ball you wouldn't want to play with, or at least that would be the perception anyway, as it is not optimised for play. And noone wants that because they all want to use whatever the pros use.

At least if it was reusable it would have some workable novelty value.

If I knew Dragon's Den well enough I'd throw in one of their catchphrases to soften the blow, but that is a really terrible idea Jaffa. Sorry.

• Paid Members

Set of lights to go on the back/backpack of tourists on unfamiliar mass transit systems - stop light, left and right turn, hazard warning triangle. The ad would feature me smashing straight into all sorts of Japanese guys and Swedish children, contrasted with them using their lights for advance warning.

• Paid Members
That looks pretty cool. I guess my only issue with it would be that the height is not easily adjustable.

We have a 1.5m vertical rail that mounts on the wall, and the Padman slides onto it and can be slid up or down & locked in place to suit your height. We also have a body unit in final development stages, so they both work together and lock onto the rail system and can both be height adjusted. You can clinch the head unit, and knee the body unit, etc.

We also have a retro-fit backing plate that allows you to take the unit on or off the wall. e.g. so it can be mounted outdoors (I have one in my back garden on my wall) and you can just slot the Padman onto the backing plate when you want to use it - then take it off & store when done. Also handy for boxercise or combat cardio clubs that rent a hall; they can just leave 10-15 brackets on the wall and click the units into them for usage.

The rail system, detachable wall mount, and body unit, are all add-ons to be sold separately. They're just not on the website yet.

That's phenomenal herbie and I'd probably buy one if the walls in my flat weren't made out of paper mache.

However I think you have missed a trick not getting Ireland's premier mixed martial artist, Old Man Joe Joyce, involved in the promotional material though.

Big-joe-joyce.jpg

Thanks to The Padman, I no longer need to steep me fists in petrol for an hour every night.

• Paid Members

Herbie, that looks incredible! Have you actually applied for Dragon's Den? If not, get on it!

Have you made much money on it?

I wasn't expecting to see any genuine submissions in this thread, but that is a cracking invention. I want one!

Paddy Doherty still trains in the same gym as me if you're after some celebrity endorsement. I can see it now, a bunch of dudes training and turning to camera to say ''I'm a pad man'' ending with Paddy, hard as fuck, bare chested and pounding shit out of one ''Oim a Pad Maaa''

Archived