The Preston City Wrestling Thread

2 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

They said PCW drew 3000 to their xmas party, and I'm being a Donnie Downer, and told me to jog on.

Can you ask Stephen Fludder for me what the issue is?

You're another one. Seriously, grow up. If you have a serious complaint about not receiving a product and are genuinely arsed, do something about it in the real world.

2 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Presented without comment.

Lovely. Selective posting now. You must have missed my correction, because I'm not a liar:

Good to see we're now at the bit where you're resorting to 'Gotcha' now. Utterly boring mate.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Did anyone see if any recent PCW shows were available on DVD or blu-ray at the shows this month? 

PCW's biggest issue seems to be actually making the products rather than anything else. I pre-ordered the 2015 Tribute to the Troops show and I got it when they actually made the blu-rays. Unfortunately, it was December 2016, but I did get what I paid for eventually. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, ClassicsGuy said:

Reveal hidden contents

16 hours ago, ClassicsGuy said:

As far as shows on the road goes, it depends which shows you're referring to. They're a draw in Blackpool. They had over 1000 fans in Blackpool Tower Circus 9 days ago.

Reveal hidden contents

(so PCW Tag Team Champs vs PROGRESS Tag Champs, as things stand).

That's another free show.

Their normal Blackpool venue, like the majority of their other venues that you don't talk about, the less impressive actual paid venues, has a less than 200 capacity. "They're a draw in Blackpool" is hardly proven at this point, but I hope it is the case and they take advantage of the buzz from the free shows at some point and prove us all wrong, it'd be good for everyone. 

Agreed on Ricky Knight Jnr though, he looks really good for his age and looks likely to be something special. 

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, gadge said:

Did anyone see if any recent PCW shows were available on DVD or blu-ray at the shows this month? 

PCW's biggest issue seems to be actually making the products rather than anything else. I pre-ordered the 2015 Tribute to the Troops show and I got it when they actually made the blu-rays. Unfortunately, it was December 2016, but I did get what I paid for eventually. 

There weren't any new recent shows on sale on Saturday, but they did have last summer's Blackpool Winter Gardens show out, which I hadn't seen for sale before.

• Paid Members

@ClassicsGuy - rather than banging out about the attendance figures of shows that have already happened, can you give me one reason why, in the future, I would want to give money to a business that has taken money two years ago for a product that they have failed to produce and then not only refused to refund or apologised, but actively ignored/blocked contact from anyone complaining? A product that they're still advertising for sale on their website?

Or, indeed, why I would want to give money to a company who thinks they can mislead fans and performers into believing that they're doing a charity show when, in reality, they're exploiting the name of a respected friend to many of those wrestlers for promotional purposes and pocketing the takings?

Can you give me one good reason why I would want to give money to someone engaged in such shady business practices, rather than any number of wrestling promotions where the promoters actually give the impression that they give a shit about their fanbase? "They drew 1000 people in Blackpool and had the Knights' kids" doesn't really cut it. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what people's problems with this company actually are.

Edited by BomberPat

I have taken the contact number from earlier in this thread and called the consumer helpline.

We have had a breach of a contract and the next action to take is a written letter to Mr. Fludder that is recorded delivery.

How big do I have to make the font for Mr. Fludder?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Edgehead said:

I have taken the contact number from earlier in this thread and called the consumer helpline.

We have had a breach of a contract and the next action to take is a written letter to Mr. Fludder that is recorded delivery.

How big do I have to make the font for Mr. Fludder?

Just compose it from clippings from newspapers and magazines. That should do it. 

• Paid Members

I send stuff too at times but ClassicsGuy is often credited in the Observer with stuff. 

The report neglects to mention the 1200 people got in for free. 

Edited by Benno

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, BomberPat said:

A particular DVD in tribute to a deceased star who did more for that company than just about anyone, certainly more than a promoter booking names so he can get them to sign his title belt collection, and who was respected, I daresay loved, by his colleagues and the fanbase. Who the promotion feel they've "earned the right" to stick his name on "tribute shows" without a penny going to his family, or any relevant charity?

I don't think it's overblown for that to piss people off, and I couldn't give a shit if they're on "extremely sound financial footing" - an asshole with money is still an asshole. And if they're on sound financial footing, they shouldn't have any trouble producing a product they promised customers in good faith. That's not an excusable mistake that we can happily write off with "oh well, at least they're booking more British talent now", that's a company taking customers' money and failing to produce the product after nearly two years, while still clearly having the money and means to do so. That would be inexcusable from any company in any line of business, it's irrelevant that it's a wrestling promotion we're talking about.

This does not surprise me one bit. I'm still waiting for my ÂŁ70.00 refund from the cancelled PCW V ROH show last year.

Seriously?! I got mine after jumping through the various hoops, being vaguely threatened not to open a PayPal dispute, agreeing to some hilarious legal mumbo jumbo, etc.

The vaguely pathetic way they dealt with that whole situation after having my money for four months though is certainly the reason it will remain the first and last time I have anything to do with the company.

• 3 weeks later...