The Preston City Wrestling Thread

7 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

Reading would be your friend, we have a legit gripe over this and Fludder has ignored all messages and blocked people on twitter that have brought it up.

You have a gripe. Disrupting a promotion thread (on here AND on the F4W Board - I mean really, seriously edgehead?) with CONSTANT posts about a singular issue regarding a DVD you didn't receive is just ridiculous. Constantly posting about it isn't going to magically make the DVD appear. If the idea is to shut down any posts that are positive about PCW, regarding shows/matches, then that's not happening either. I honestly don't see what you're trying to achieve. Yeah it sucks. But not everyone has had a bad experience with the promotion. There's good and bad experiences with every business. Just cut your losses, move on, don't give a penny to PCW again and just be done with them. Let others who want to enjoy the product and do enjoy it just get on with it.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Yeah guys, just roll over and let other people open themselves to potentially being treated poorly by a company with a track record of doing so with little to no remorse. Bloody hell, get over it eh? They sold out all their free shows! Can't you just be happy for them?

11 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Yeah guys, just roll over and let other people open themselves to potentially being treated poorly by a company with a track record of doing so with little to no remorse. Bloody hell, get over it eh? They sold out all their free shows! Can't you just be happy for them?

Does it need to be constant posts though? I admire your 'heroic actions' in wanting to 'warn others', but it's incredibly tedious. The vast majority of people who deal with PCW in some fashion are satisfied customers. If a promotion sucks, it stops drawing.

This seems like a personal petty vendetta by a handful of people on a messageboard, who seem disappointed that their moans and groans haven't sufficiently curtailed the promotion to their own liking. So they just constantly chat bad things about it to portray it a certain way, even if that way bears no resemblance to actual real life on-going successes.

And the free shows thing - they're 'paid shows'. It actually shows the promotion is capable of cutting business deals with real world people, out of the wrestling bubble. That deserves some respect at least. It's great for the fans, they get to see wrestling for virtually nothing. Great for the guys, who get regular dates and get paid. Great for the promotion, they get a flat fee and get to make money. It's hardly a thing to be mocked.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

I'd hardly call it a personal petty vendetta - he either wants the product he paid for (which still doesn't exist), or he wants his money back. Or at the very least an apology, explanation and update. Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

I think anyone would be the same with any other company in or out of wrestling in the same situation. 

Edited by Big Benny HG

CG, I'm delighted that you and Fludder found love in a hopeless place. But if you're going to call those attempting to paint a clearer picture of what's happened when people have paid money to PCW expecting the product to be delivered "petty", then perhaps you should consider whether your own "heroic actions" coming to your favourite promotion's defence might be coming across as equally tedious. 

8 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

CG, I'm delighted that you and Fludder found love in a hopeless place. But if you're going to call those attempting to paint a clearer picture of what's happened when people have paid money to PCW expecting the product to be delivered "petty", then perhaps you should consider whether your own "heroic actions" coming to your favourite promotion's defence might be coming across as equally tedious. 

I dip in and out of this thread. I like to post about a promotion I enjoy. I couldn't give a shit what tedious and childish insults you want to throw at me. 

I just think constantly posting about not getting a DVD over and over and over again, to try to overshadow everything else going on with the promotion and to constantly dominate any chatter about the promotion is completely redundant and symptomatic of someone with no life. 

If you're really arsed, contact Trading Standards. Here you go: https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/support-advice

Consumer Helpline 03454 04 05 06

There. That's more productive than pages and pages and pages of the same topic.

Let us all know how you get on when you contact them. I presume you and Edgehead will do so first thing tomorrow.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

I'd say it's less symptomatic of someone with no life and more symptomatic of someone who thinks they should get what they paid for and is maybe trying to get promotion's attention the only way they can, since the promotion is rude enough to block them from contacting in any other way.

I noticed throughout this entire back-and-forth argument but you haven't come up with a single possible viable reason for my PCW thinks it's acceptable to do this,  other than your pitiful attempt to placate it by saying "it's a real shame".  That you continue to advocate people pay money towards a company which shows such disregard  for people who have been customers should clearly tell us what type of person you are, for example.  Do you in fact have an opinion on the fact that PCW was accepting peoples money without any intention to deliver a product?  Serious question. 

Just now, Daaaaaad! said:

I'd say it's less symptomatic of someone with no life and more symptomatic of someone who thinks they should get what they paid for and is maybe trying to get promotion's attention the only way they can, since the promotion is rude enough to block them from contacting in any other way.

I noticed throughout this entire back-and-forth argument but you haven't come up with a single possible viable reason for my PCW thinks it's acceptable to do this,  other than your pitiful attempt to placate it by saying "it's a real shame".  That you continue to advocate people pay money towards a company which shows such disregard  for people who have been customers should clearly tell us what type of person you are, for example.  Do you in fact have an opinion on the fact that PCW was accepting peoples money without any intention to deliver a product?  Serious question. 

Contact Trading Standards and let us all know how you get on.

Just now, Daaaaaad! said:

Good answer. See you after their next show when no doubt you'll have other false claims about how PCW are succeeding. 

Yes, it is a good answer. Because it's the only answer. Stop complaining and actually do something about it.

And I don't make false claims. You're utterly delusional and can't be talked with rationally. I'm done with you.

2 hours ago, ClassicsGuy said:

The Saturday evening show sold out. All 1400 tickets were fully distributed. You weren't able to get a ticket for the evening show for at least 2 weeks before the event. Just because there were empty seats at the show doesn't mean it wasn't sold out. There were 1200 people there.

Presented without comment.