The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Excellent response from Classics Guy.

Clearly there's a quite a few people on this Board, who just love to moan and whinge about PCW, all the fucking time.

"I didn't go the show but I'm SO OFFENDED by what I heard on twitter." FFS. So bland.

So many precious souls in this thread. Everyone having a pop at Classics guy for being non-stop pro-PCW. What a joke. Shows how petty you are.

Classics Guy has clearly said Fludder has made mistakes, and the wording of the "earn the right" thing was stupid and inappropriate. A fair and balanced comment. But all he gets is snide little comments from the usual suspects.

You're going to have to back that up, let's see the the snide comments. And name who you consider the usual suspects and what form they have for comments of whatever nature you're implying.

I'm not even seeing any "OUTRAGE~!" in this thread, just a feeling that it sounded really fucking lame. I do enjoy a "feeling of worry, shock and anger" at the end of an evening's entertainment though, wish I'd been there!

PCW show in Blackpool Tower Circus on June 17th sold out this afternoon, all 500 tickets gone, 68 hours after they were made available. No matches or talent yet announced, for a show in 4 months time.

Wow, impressive! How much were the tickets?

I'm not even seeing any "OUTRAGE~!" in this thread, just a feeling that it sounded really fucking lame. I do enjoy a "feeling of worry, shock and anger" at the end of an evening's entertainment though, wish I'd been there!

PCW show in Blackpool Tower Circus on June 17th sold out this afternoon, all 500 tickets gone, 68 hours after they were made available. No matches or talent yet announced, for a show in 4 months time.

Wow, impressive! How much were the tickets?

I'm not sure how much the tickets were to the "Free Private PCW Show Live from Blackpool Tower. Limited Tickets"  oh hang on ...

VIP RINGSIDE (includes meet & greet & poster)

FRONT ROW - £15

SECOND ROW £10

THIRD ROW £5

but don't forget it's not a PCW event so it's not included in the Season Ticket.

• Paid Members

I look forward to people who don't attend this being OUTRAGED~! by the events of that show.

​

What's that got to do with anything? The tickets are free with a 2 quid booking fee aside from the first three rows. If you don't want people to see you as a shill, maybe you shouldn't be in here​ cheerleading. Why don't you talk about the Blackpool shows they don't sellout? Or the many shows they run these days in front of sub 200 people, you know, the shows between now and July that definitely won't sell out. Give an honest picture.

You know what's 'proper mark mentality'? Being OUTRAGED~! over a show you didn't see, an ending or angle you didn't see, and perhaps the best - being OUTRAGED~! over something on someone else's behalf, especially if it's the person who actually agreed to do the angle BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO DO IT. "Whaddya mean you're not upset?! I'll be upset FOR YOU!"

It's perfectly reasonable to find an angle offensive based on the many accounts that have came out since the show. You don't have to see it to think "Yeah that's a bit gross" - and don't start with the "well his friends are fine with it so everyone else should be". Some of his friends were obviously fine with this, and I'm sure some found it in poor taste. Ruffneck of all people was cutting a promo about Fludder and all this on the TNT show in Liverpool on Saturday. There's obviously a range of responses and you're being naive at best to mock people's genuine responses to something they didn't like.

For the record though, I'm really glad they saw sense and added a charity element to the live show. That's one positive, as is the many donations wrestlers, fans and otherwise have made since this all started.

Edited by Benno

You need to make an even bigger fuss than you already are.  You've paid for something and not got it.  There's no excuse for it from their side.  You paid by paypal I assume.  Take it to them, send them any correspondence you've had with PCW, tell them you're being ignored.  I know there's supposed to be a limit on time with when you can complain to paypal, but I'd still try it.  They're pretty good at resolving issues, and they'll take it straight to PCW.

• Paid Members

You need to make an even bigger fuss than you already are.  You've paid for something and not got it.  There's no excuse for it from their side.  You paid by paypal I assume.  Take it to them, send them any correspondence you've had with PCW, tell them you're being ignored.  I know there's supposed to be a limit on time with when you can complain to paypal, but I'd still try it.  They're pretty good at resolving issues, and they'll take it straight to PCW.

Or even better...your house!

• Paid Members

Yeah I was there, he brought up Fludder saying "he's earned the right" and that he hadn't asked the family for permission to use Kris Travis name, and then told Fludder/PCW to suck his cock.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late posting this but I'm new to the forum. Was at the PCW Trav tournament unlike many others commenting in this thread. Was a great weekend of wrestling including some truly great matches and solid booking. For anyone who is offended by the angle at the end and vowing never to watch PCW again all I can say is that I hope you stopped watching WWE after they used Flair's son in an angle or turning Jerry Lawler's heart attack into a way to get heat on Cm Punk etc etc.

• Paid Members

For anyone who is offended by the angle at the end and vowing never to watch PCW again

Have people said that? I mean some have said they gave up over time in part due to continual shit like this and the awful CI, but I suspect you are slightly misinterpreting things, possibly on purpose.

We get it you love the taste of Fludder's chode. Kris's illness was clearly used in an angle during his comeback match with Sha, which, obviously was agreed from both parties but yes it was used, I can find the promos but I can't be arsed. I was at Kris's fundraiser show, I know he loved the company and was treated as their main attraction, it still doesn't justify promoting a show and profiting off of his name because ''they earned the right to''. The ending belongs in the same category as ''Eddie's in hell'' or using Charlotte's brother Reid to further a storyline, it's counter-productive insulting bollocks that belongs in the skip, I won't be going to another show, it fucking stinks.

Not sure how I'm misinterpreting this

• Paid Members

We get it you love the taste of Fludder's chode. Kris's illness was clearly used in an angle during his comeback match with Sha, which, obviously was agreed from both parties but yes it was used, I can find the promos but I can't be arsed. I was at Kris's fundraiser show, I know he loved the company and was treated as their main attraction, it still doesn't justify promoting a show and profiting off of his name because ''they earned the right to''. The ending belongs in the same category as ''Eddie's in hell'' or using Charlotte's brother Reid to further a storyline, it's counter-productive insulting bollocks that belongs in the skip, I won't be going to another show, it fucking stinks.

Not sure how I'm misinterpreting this

The answer to my question is yes then, fair enough. And by anyone you meant Richard.