The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

There's an early summer weekender for the Tribute to the Troops gimmick isn't there?

Yes, but it's different venues rather than whole weekend in same place (from memory it's Friday night and Saturday lunchtime in Preston Guildhall, with then a Saturday night show at Evoque).

There's a lot on in that region that weekend. As an approximate plan, I think I'll be doing FutureShock in Prestwich on the Friday night, the Saturday afternoon PCW show in Preston and then WorkingAResthold's debut live 'pop-up' show in Manchester Saturday night.

RestholdMania have already announced Ligero, Mastiff, Ridgeway, Smith, Rampage (although his PCW status is uncertain as he didn't work 3 dates he was announced for at end of last year and isn't on posters going forward) so it will be interesting what sort of lineup PCW have for the Saturday night show (although having said that I just reeled off about 10 names in my head plus the academy kids).
I thought he was ill that weekend? Someone told me he didn't work the FutureShock show around the same time he was booked for, and was because of illness.

I don't know, all I know as an uninformed punter is that the sequence of shows went as follows,

PCW 25/11 announced, didn't work

PCW 26/11 announced, didn't work

WCPW 30/11 worked

WCPW 1/12 worked

PCW 9/12 announced, didn't work

PROGRESS 11/12 worked

That was intriguing so I have been watching his 2017 dates with interest.

PCW have listed the 16 guys in the Kris Travis Memorial Tournament (formerly Road to Glory) today. Rampage isn't one of them:

Pete Dunne

Pentagon Dark (aka Pentagon Jr.)

Bubblegum

Lionheart

Ryan Smile

Chris Ridgeway

Joey Hayes

Dean Allmark

Phillip Michael

MVP

Kenny Williams

Colt Cabana

Danny Hope

Charlie Sterling

T-Bone

David Starr

I like the line-up, it's full of great possibilities, but it's very noticeable there's no regular names like Rampage Brown, Dave Mastiff, Sha Samuels, El Ligero or Ashton Smith (or Johnny Moss or CJ Banks, who've been back doing stuff here recently).

Could be something to do with them being ITV/WOS guys (yet Kenny Williams and Danny Hope are still involved). Don't know whether that's contractual, whether ITV are planning on taping something that weekend and needs them, or whether the ITV deal has seen these guys put their price up and PCW don't want to pay them anymore....

There's also the PROGRESS show in London that clashes with Day 2 (Show 3) of the tournament, which might affect some, yet Pete Dunne is a part of this.

No Martin Kirby or Hooligans either.... Guess there could be non-tournament stuff too...?

UK scene. On it's head.

Edited by Big Benny HG

I think its no bad thing for PCW to mix it up (especially with guys I wasn't expecting Fludder to book again such as Dunne and Smile), so pleased to see the lineup. Convinced me to buy a ticket.

There is going to be other non-tournament stuff as well. The Hooligans are on the poster (as is Sha FWIW). Spirit Squad are working show 3.

Smith is booked for Blackpool (Feb 3rd) and Liverpool (Feb 4th). I will be interested to see the result of the rematch against Bubblegum though.

Ligero is booked for Liverpool (Feb 4th).

Moss and Banks are more on the secondary show list, so wasn't expecting to see them here but wouldn't be surprised to see CJ if last minute replacements are needed.

I think the PROGRESS show may be more of a factor in some cases, although I wouldn't be surprised if WOS has seen some prices rise.

Very happy to see Pete Dunne vs Pentagon Dark announced.

The line up is looking pretty good overall. Strange not to see regulars like Mastiff, Ligero, Rampage, Kirby but nice to mix it up a bit.

I saw Roy Knight say something on Twitter about sharing his birthday with Sha Samuels and them celebrating that weekend in Preston so I presume they'll be there for one show at least.

• 3 weeks later...