1435 replies to this topic

#1321 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 17:18

I'm fairly sure PCW aren't worried about losing "hardcore" fans. Bums in seats/cash in wallet seem to be the only things that matter. I've even seen them arguing with one of their disabled regulars on their Facebook wall in the past, who was only asking about parking their chair somewhere different to their usual spot. The attitude was very much "you'll go wherever we tell you. If you're not coming any more, there's plenty of other people who will take your space". They're really not bothered about alienating anyone. It's a real shame their online presence is so obnoxious.
My username is a punishment :(

Oh dear. You didn't read the thread.

#1322 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 17:52

I still attend, and enjoy, the Preston based PCW shows as I live about 10 minutes from the venue but there is a noticeable decline in attendance recently. I suspect it's a combination of running shows in other cities, a lack of a clear identity (the few storylines they have seem to be dropped and picked back up randomly) and their terrible customer service, such as taking the piss out of paying customers on social media, taking months to send orders out, etc.

No doubt they attracted a lot of travelling fans. But that the main risk. It means not as many will bother if it's on their doorstep. I think they were more about getting all the imports in. Probably the last time ever The Steiner Brothers wrestle over here. They had AJ Styles fresh off the TNA boat. Team 3D in their European Indy debut. And the ROH partnership before that went sour. Now it seems for many the novelty of imports had worn off. I think one of the reasons is how typically 90% of them win their match with the local guy and people would prefer to see them win it. And if it's Import v Import. A lot would prefer the local guy. If done right. They're completely justified. 4FW had Pentagon Jr wrestle Drago last year and they billed it as a Lucha Underground exhibition match which was the way to do it. I wasn't keen on them at first, but came to warm up to them. Was a great show. Import heavy shows in general are very hard to get right. PCW have probably fallen into that trap of spreading themselves too thin I think which has caught out a few promotions. There's only so far they can go before it's not financially viable.
TNA Jokers Wild II Birmingham Taping + Fan InterAction 2/2/14
TNA Impact Manchester Taping + Fan InterAction 30/1/15

UKFF Royal Rumble Lottery Co-Winner 2016

#1323 Tommy!

Tommy!

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 19:34

PCW was never a well booked show, I never went to follow stories or see the final chapter of something. I went to have a few pints around Preston, watch the imports and see a couple of UK guys I like put on a good show.

It was a good night because money was thrown at it by Fludder and I could get pissed with our Baz.

That only lasts so long, and the more they present themselves as a greedy bunch of ego driven twatbags the faster the fun erodes from it all.

6q5hLet.jpg

Juice make sugar, ohhhh what am I like.

#1324 herbie747

herbie747

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 20:04

PCW added a poster for their Kris Travis tourney without Pentagon Jnr on it, so myself and some others were reasonably concerned.

Had a great chat with Fludder about it.
BFoiR1R.jpg
(He's now deleted my post)

Not sure how they can do the likes of what they did with Riddle and expect anyone to trust them.

What a fucking tosser.

My personal music project:
The Sonic Saloon

If you like a rock/metal/blues fusion, give it a listen. Regular updates & new songs posted on my Facebook Page.

#1325 stevieg1980

stevieg1980

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 20:21

PCW added a poster for their Kris Travis tourney without Pentagon Jnr on it, so myself and some others were reasonably concerned.

Had a great chat with Fludder about it.
BFoiR1R.jpg
(He's now deleted my post)

Not sure how they can do the likes of what they did with Riddle and expect anyone to trust them.

What a fucking tosser.

Yeah I don't like Benno either. Him and his bloody graphs.

#1326 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 20:35

I've noticed they've been shilling a lot of free Meet & Greets lately to try boost numbers with early bird tickets to their upcoming Blackpool and Liverpool shows next month with PJ Black. Same with their Bradford and Preston shows end of March with a combo worth £20 with the imports then..

#1327 air_raid

air_raid

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 16:48

PCW need to up their game a bit, not alienating regulars might be a start.

This has longtime been a problem for PCW/Fludder for me. As the wrestling landscape has changed in this country, it's become a little harder to differentiate between which promotions to follow on merit of talent and quality of matches alone, and if like me you don't have the budget to go to every show you'd like to, the presentation and how the company conducts business can become vital. Personally, who I'm financially supporting becomes an issue too. And that's where PCW and Fludder fall down.

Back in 13/14 PCW got me back into British wrestling. I came for imports but I stayed because I got into Trav, Dar and others. As I got into British wrestlers again I was soon willing to go see other feds too, and stuff about Fludder started pissing me off. Reasons certain talent got blacklisted, the Masters/piracy stuff, Fludder's general demeanour and some of the ways I saw him talk to customers on social networks... I carried on going when the cards looked appealing, long after my usual companion (briefly posted on here as Bit Indy) decided "I'm not giving him money any more."

Well, by November 14 I was going to Rev Pro more often, FutureShock on occasion, and generally was becoming wary of the "wrestling budget" as well as not having time for much else. Then Fludder posted spoilers about Sting showing up for Survivors (before show started) through the PCW account on Twitter. Bit Indy voiced his displeasure about this surprise on a non-PCW ppv being spoiled through his following the PCW account, and the upshot of me reading the exchange left me feeling like "I dont want to give this twat any of my money any more." So I honoured my "pre-existing bookings" and I was done with being a PCW regular. I prostituted my principles once more when AJ came back for the Lionheart rematch, but otherwise, I'm done.

What I'm saying is... the market is competitive, hacking off your potential paying customers leads to losing them. There are many rungs between a Jim, Jon n Glen and an Adam Bowler, but it's a quicker journey down the ladder than up.

Edited by air_raid, 11 January 2017 - 16:51.

#1328 The Dart

The Dart

No. 1 Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:16

For anyone who's been to a PCW show, is paypal receipt on a phone enough, or do they expect you to have it printed out?

#1329 SiWri

SiWri

In Training

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 19:08

They want it printed. For insurance reasons, apparently.

#1330 Accident Prone

Accident Prone

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 21:25

That's bollocks. I don't own a printer, the same as a lot of people there days.

#1331 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:20

And if you haven't got a print out, they make you stand at the side like a naughty child until they've got time to print it for you. If they weren't such lazy bastards they'd stick a quid on for postage and send receipts out to everyone who orders tickets online.

#1332 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 14:05

I fully understand using PayPal recipts because it saves money in a few ways. You don't have to pay a graphics guy to make a design for them. Though most will follow the KISS Princible with it and just leave it at logo and say, Front Row/General/Family (delete as appropriate) for example. There's also printing them out. And most importantly, it saves a lot of hassle having to post them out. That way, they don't have to worry about stuff being lost in the mail. But there's something quite vague about this malarkey of "We need printouts for insurance reasons" thing. As long you've got it. That's all that matters. Surely? They'll have an easily identifiable list of names and numbers of how many they bought. Surely just use that as some form of know who's yet to come? A lot of people don't realise how easy it is to get printing. There are Internet cafes or your local library where you can book some time on a computer and get a printout for about 10p a pop. That's pocket change. Hardly breaking the bank.

#1333 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 14:12

It's the faff involved though. Send a ticket out (I'm sure the Academy lads would love to help out with that), or accept seeing the receipt on someone's phone. The same as pretty much everywhere else does.

#1334 Keith Houchen

Keith Houchen

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 15:42

Though most will follow the KISS Princible

Then Paul Stanley will rock up to Fludders with KISS Demon and take a belt.

#1335 ravman77

ravman77

Backyarder

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 19:28

Any word on talent for the show today in Blackpool?