The Preston City Wrestling Thread

So, took to Facebook again asking that they respond to a message I sent them via Facebook several days ago. Almost instant response 'Sorry, not been near a computer. I will respond tomorrow'. No response.

Sent a PayPal dispute message - am waiting to hear back.

Twitter and legal action are the next steps if I do not get the DVD's or my money back soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. There will have been people who paid to see the ROH guys. I don't think the situation with the tour helped either. I went to a show a couple of years ago there was another in town in a bigger venue. Both went ahead, but I don't think there was too much impact from what I could uncover. That said, the one I went to was on the outskirts as opposed to in the town centre. But it should be interesting to see where it goes. Who knows? Maybe this could lead to something bigger and better eventually.

Anybody worth seeing in CZW these days?

Am well and truly out of the loop. Last time I saw it Danny Havoc and Masada were using gusset plates on each other.

From what I've seen, Joey Janela is pretty decent, been having a few blinders with Lio Rush over the past year. As for Xavier & Wentz that's in the Cruiserweight tournament, they've been a team and are quite a fun little flippy team. Xavier is clearly the standout.

Keith Lee from BEYOND will probably surprise people and get really over, maybe like Uhaa did, in the sense that you see him and you don't expect a ton of flips and dives.

I actually weirdly prefer this and am considering the whole weekend.

Well I didn't bother with tickets for this years Global Wars UK shows or the actual ROH tour, largely on the basis of going to Supershow of Honor III, and had already booked train tickets to Preston before this announcement, so needless to say I'm a bit fucked off with this development. Just sounds like somebody's decided to throw their toys out of the pram for some reason, and this new tournament looks crap - a wrestling 'World Championships' with no Japanese or Mexican participation?!

Emailed about a refund immediately too. Not heard a thing.

I'd say PCW are well within their right to be fucked off, they'd booked one of ROH's top names to win one of their titles on the promise it would be promoted on ROH TV which never happened then ROH book a show on their first UK tour for nearly a decade in the same city, with a similar bell time, at a venue 20-30 minutes walk from where PCW are running, a week before they are meant to be doing a cross promotion weekender.

I can totally understand Fludder's disappointment with RoH, and I can totally understand firstnameunknowns disappointment.

Unlike him, I've got a ticket for the RoH show in Liverpool as well as this, so I get to see the RoH talent as well as this weekender. Bosh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm looking forward to this Saturday's show, since missing the August anniversary show and not going to the events in Blackpool/Wrexham/etc. it's actually going to be my first PCW event in 3 months. Part of a massive wrestling triple-header weekend for me, with GPW in Wigan on the Friday and PROGRESS in Brixton on the Sunday too. I'm going to be ruined.

Saraya vs. Viper is off, explained as one of the wrestlers having to withdraw. It's been replaced by Charlie Garrett vs. Chris Ridgeway, which could be impressive.

Full (announced) card is therefore:

Cruiserweight Championship:
Bubblegum vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match; Tag Team Championship:
Rampage Brown & T-Bone vs. UK Hooligans

Jack Evans & Angelico vs. London Riots

Sammy Smooth vs. El Ligero

Dave Mastiff vs. Kazma Sakamoto

Iestyn Rees vs. Danny Hope

Charlie Garrett vs. Chris Ridgeway

Noam Dar's English farewell (possibly turn into a match? Against Lionheart? Or Sha Samuels? Or Drew Galloway?)

Plenty has been said about PCW storylines and booking recently, but that line-up does look like it could make for a really good, fun show. Remember, it starts an hour earlier than usual (doors 4pm, show 5pm) due to Dar also having to get to another show in Ayr that same night.