The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Spitting at the crowd though.  Surprised nobody planted one on her.  That's not heel tactics, that's just flat out rank

Bit of an over the top response in hindsight, don't you think?

What would you do if I spat directly in your face?  You don't know what kind of illnesses I do or do not have, but i've just gobbed right in your face?

Still wouldn't punch you in the face and I certainly wouldn't punch a woman in the face either. For one thing, when the police get involved I'd be arrested for ABH or possibly GBH depending on the outcome of the punch. You just have to rise above these things.

• 1 month later...

Honky's singalong may have been the highlight of my weekend as it's one of those moments that made me feel like a young fan again. The tag tournament stole the show over the weekend for me, just some great matches and a great idea. Looking forward to War Machine going head to head with Team Single next week.

My highlight of the weekend at PCW was the Ligero vs Kirby match in the afternoon, just something completely different from the matches i have seen the 2 have. Kirby as the sarcastic heel was just refreshing from the usual he acts at PCW.

Match highlights - the tag team series especially War Machine vs The Hooligans. But still can't get my head around the Riots getting beat again (The firm are looking very beatable early on, but hopefully along way to go with the storyline).

Matt Sydal vs Bubblegum and his match with Mastiff were decent

My highlight of the weekend at PCW was the Ligero vs Kirby match in the afternoon, just something completely different from the matches i have seen the 2 have. Kirby as the sarcastic heel was just refreshing from the usual he acts at PCW.

Match highlights - the tag team series especially War Machine vs The Hooligans. But still can't get my head around the Riots getting beat again (The firm are looking very beatable early on, but hopefully along way to go with the storyline).

El Ligero vs Kirby was amazing. Kirby was awesome all weekend though, although I may be a little bias as I'm a massive fan of Joey Hayes who was with him.

Hooligans and War Machine was awesome too. My guess for Riots losing was that they probably had to get back to London early enough for the Progress show the following day. I think they'll still cause some troubles, most likely interfering in the tag match this weekend, and then going up against Team Single at a later date.

El Ligero vs Kirby was amazing. Kirby was awesome all weekend though, although I may be a little bias as I'm a massive fan of Joey Hayes who was with him.

Hooligans and War Machine was awesome too. My guess for Riots losing was that they probably had to get back to London early enough for the Progress show the following day. I think they'll still cause some troubles, most likely interfering in the tag match this weekend, and then going up against Team Single at a later date.

The Hooligans and The Riots were booked on a show in Leicester Saturday night. And the Hooligans were in the final of the tournament/series. So i don't think commitments elsewhere really came into play. Hell of a series, really loved how it played out over the 3 shows. The title match in Blackpool is going to be something special i think.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the first half of the Liverpool show yesterday. Don't think I've been to see PCW for 2 years now. Nice to see the show and see how the company has changed over this time but still with the familar faces. John Morrison Vs Noam Darr was a really good match once it got started and watching Hall watch the match on the stairs was fun.

I paid to meet Scott Hall who didn't disappoint, very pleased with my experience and the photo. Asked him about anymore episodes of Last Call and he said he's stopped as he doesn't want to bury talent but is hoping for the WWE Network to pick up something similar. Plus PCW Uploaded the pictures today which is a nice turn around. Good times.

Edited by Professor Paul's Bin

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Pcw academy show last night, some really good prospects there.

The personal trainer guy has an excellent heel gimmick and is great on the mic

I'd love to see Big T vs The Hammer, just because there isnt enough big guys knocking shite out of each other in Britwres.

James Finn vs Bubblegum was finnomenal.

T-Bone vs Jack...something was a cracking comedy match, slaps to the ref and an unintentional ring destruction as well as loads of Mad Man Mansonesque comedy, had me in stitches. That kind of match is missing more frequently from bigger shows and is a shame.

Tal Benham has unlimited potential, very reminiscent of a heel Kris Travis with the moves and arrogant cockyness to back it up.

Loved the smaller setting and the whole thing was very enjoyable

I'd love to see Big T

There's a sentence I never thought I'd read. Are his promos as amazing as the original?

Dunno, he's huge, causes havoc in the ring and then did photo's with his partner Rihanna.. 

Big T Justice... is his full name, knew I'd get there

The Kirby looking Personal trainer from above is Seymour Gains

Jack Garvin was Vs T-Bone and Rocky Future is the guy I should have mentioned

Full Card ( may not be in order)

-------------

Seymour Gains/???( Boris Zhukov lookalikey) vs Alex Boylin/??? (Battlesquad Awesome alike)

Decent opener, lots of mic time and promos, Heel beat downs, the works.

Jack Garvin vs T-Bone

See my previous post, loved it

Big T Justice/Rihanna vs Jimmy J/Jennie B

Rihanna is great in the ring and Jennie B is a cross between Paige, and April Davids, lots of interference and shenannigans Jimmy J has a Dalton Castle/Ascenion look about him. Big T is a beast

Intermission

Lionheart vs Jack Baron

Yeah was short but savage, liked it

James Finn vs Bubblegum

These two work well together, lots of thrills and spills and some stiff looking kicks, lovely Hurrcanrana from James, smooth as in the ring as well. good match

Phillip Michael vs Rocky Future

Belting headliner, both could go and then some, wouldnt have looked out of place on a bigger show

So results from last nights show:

The hooligans and alex boylin beat jimmy j, martin kirby and joey hayes.

El ligero beat mike bailey

Dave mastiff beat charlie garrett

The london riots and sammy smooth beat team single and bubblegum

Dave Rayne beat Iestyn rees

Drew galloway beat lionheart

Drew Galloway then won the 10 man gauntlet to face the champion at the guild hall show on the 25th june.

Noam dar beat Sha Samuels to provisionally win the title but joanna rose came out to say she didnt sanction the match as a title match so sha retains.

Overall an ok show with the bailey vs ligero and lionheart vs drew matches being the standouts.

The dar vs sha match was good till the overbooked toss of a finish and iestyn rees getting beat by dave rayne was head scratching seeing as they have been building iestyn.