The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed that the blu ray page has changed ????  I went to buy some blu ray collections as I've recently bought a blu ray player and ordered some and next time I looked at what else I could possibly, a lot of the blu rays have been removed 

• Paid Members

Looks like they've just removed all the older stuff that's either sold out or no longer available.  They've done the same on the DVD page.

Though it looks like they've removed some of the pre-order stuff too - there's been a 'Best of Dave Mastiff' DVD on there for months, never actually got to the stage of being released, but now it's gone.

Looks like they've just removed all the older stuff that's either sold out or no longer available.  They've done the same on the DVD page.

Though it looks like they've removed some of the pre-order stuff too - there's been a 'Best of Dave Mastiff' DVD on there for months, never actually got to the stage of being released, but now it's gone.

Can't comment on the older back catalogue titles. But in regards to new stuff, i know they've increased staff as far as the production of BDs/DVDs goes recently in order to get them out faster but to the same high standards. More shows per year has resulted in a lot more work on that front, which stands to reason given the much larger number of shows compared to 18 months ago. I imagine they are focussing on the backlog of footage they have filmed but not out yet right now to get current. But thats just speculation on my part as i have no links to the promotion. 

Have any of you seen the first PCW Academy show? I found the show to be a lot of fun and will be looking forward to future shows. 

Not posted on here in forever but yes we are having a huge shake up. The usual editor who has done a great job over the years has struggled to keep up editing shows and getting time off to film them with being promoted at work. He also produced the physical DVD/Blu Ray releases and posted a number of orders for us so we are just going through a transition right now. 

We have three others with media degrees who can edit footage in our team who usually just help out with things like backstage videos etc. The new team actually have Road To Glory fully edited and ready for release so a three show event in three weeks is a step in the right direction. Soon as we get the hard drives with the footage from our old editor the new team will blitz all the shows and get us up to date.

The reason I took the pre orders and older stock off sale was because our main focus now is to release as many shows as possible and the older items are made to order so more fiddly. Look for lots of releases in the coming weeks. Also Road To Glory was filmed with our new equipment and produces BBC TV standard footage, these can be linked together for live editing. This is all beyond me but that is my goal to achieve this year.

So results from yesterdays show in blackpool:

Lionheart beat Kenny Williams

Joe hendry beat dave rayne

Sonjay dutt beat bubblegum

Chris dickinson beat jonny moss in a surprisingly good match.

Jeff jarrett beat noam dar via pin. Jarrett was greeted with "shit noel edmonds" and deal or no deal" chants. Karen jarrett was a bit over the top spitting at fans.

Iestyn rees took up the masterlock challenge with chris masters but ended when rees just laid the beatdown on masters.

Team single beat the team replacing the hooligans - jack baron and another lad who i didnt catch the name of. The young duo had a good showing what they could - baron looks decent.

Sha samuels beat dave mastiff via rollup after the 3 blokes in balaclavas helped sha distract the ref. This has now setup sha and the 3 associates vs mastiff and team single at the next blackpool show.

Overall not a bad show, new venue felt a bit cramped though (sort of resembled the other venue in preston that pcw used a couple of times).

Luckily only stopped another hour before the live male strip show started downstairs. Some interesting fancy dress outfits including a female sloth and jimmy krankie.

I wonder why wrestlers think it's ok to spit at a fan, yet complain when a fan tries to get physical. 

Karen Jarrett all of a sudden is not booked at SOW anymore. I wonder if one has to do with the other, could be a coincidence though.