The Preston City Wrestling Thread

...and then going into 2016 there are no actual dates revealed yet, but they’ve announced a change from the usual Friday nights to Saturdays for the Evoque shows, with the only Friday dates being the first nights of the 3 annual weekenders. I’m all in favour of that, given that it means I’ll be taking less time off work to travel over to the shows, it opens the possibility of more afternoon shows (that won’t be ‘Hangover Shows’!!) every now and then. There’s also the potential that the Saturday PCW dates might line-up nicely with GPW’s regular Fridays in nearby Wigan, FutureShock’s regular Sunday’s in nearby Stockport and the Sundays that PROGRESS have announced for Manchester, creating some more super-tasty-looking (and probably heavy-drinking) weekenders.

That's great news! Me and my Mrs struggle to make it over for the Friday night shows. The train from Bradford leaves once an hour around half past and we can't make the half four train due to work. Half five train means that we miss the first match.

Is that a no-no then? I mean, if you come in for an agreed price the first time as a newbie or whatever and then start getting over strong should you not be able to ask for a bit of extra cash?

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs and how it was done etc. but surely 'renogiating his fee' (unless its after he's confirmed a booking) can't be that big a thing, surely?

• Paid Members

Ospreay won't be working for PCW anytime soon I imagine, after Fludder put him on blast on Facebook for trying to renegotiate his fee.

Ah, forgot about that...

War Machine, Raymond Rowe & Hanson (no, not the 90s child pop group...), announced for Supershow of Honor tonight.

Ospreay won't be working for PCW anytime soon I imagine, after Fludder put him on blast on Facebook for trying to renegotiate his fee.

Ah, forgot about that...

War Machine, Raymond Rowe & Hanson (no, not the 90s child pop group...), announced for Supershow of Honor tonight.

Great write up, I'll not quote it because its huge haha.  As someone who is fairly new to PCW it was a really worthwhile read.

Glad to see War Machine, but because I was unable to attend last years show I was hoping for Briscoe's and also wanted Lethal to be there this year.   With only one slot left I'm now hoping for Lethal.

That surprises me. The one thing I really enjoyed about working with fludder was that he never quibbled over money at all, the only thing he asked was that I didn't charge him more than I asked others in the area for, which seemed fair enough to me.

Results for anyone who didn't go:

El Ligero won the 6 way vs Garrett, Ashton Smith, Allmark, Ophidian, Luther Ward

Iestyn Rees beat Dave Rayne via Powerbomb (Looks like Rees has joined the FWB)

Team Single hammered The Brolievers (As mentioned above)

Noam Dar beat Drew Galloway (Awesome match, Drew has improved tons since his WWE days)

Redragon beat Joey Hayes & Martin Kirby (Redragon now face Team Single at the ROH supershow)

Dave Mastiff beat Bubblegum and Chris Masters in a 3 way elimination match

Lionheart beat Rockstar Spud

Sha Samuels beat Kris Travis via sleeper

Dave Mastiff vs Samoa Joe was the main event but ended up in a double dq after Friends with Benefits ran in, but Joe and Mastiff were then saved by Chris Masters who was turned on by bubblegum during 3 way. It was then announced Mastiff will face Jeff Jarrett at the October Fright Night Show, also making an appearance is Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.