The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Finally home in York just in time for the Extreme Rules kickoff (we did WCC also). But what a weekend it was in Preston. Just a great weekend from top to bottom. The Jarretts are lovely people to talk to, genuinely seem to love talking to the fans. Can't argue with PCW being on fire this year, they just go from strengh  to strengh. June 5th is going to be Cena in Hammerstein levels of hostile for AJ i think.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not really been announced on either the PCW website or the PCW facebook page, beyond a vague show title and date (almost certainly because there's 3 shows taking place before this and they have priority), but the details regarding PCW's Bank Holiday Bash on Saturday 29th August have been released on the Visit Blackpool site.

http://www.visitblackpool.com/listing/free-live-pcw-wrestling-775460/

The show will be a free outdoor show (very similar to the Tribute to the Troops show on July 11th in Preston) taking place in St John's Square, Blackpool, from 1pm to 4pm.

Talent announced thus far are Chris Masters, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards. With Richards on the show, there's possibly a good chance his fiance Angelina Love will be too, although that's mere speculation regarding Love on my part.

The show itself is a 'bought show', paid for by the Blackpool BID (Business Improvement District), aiming to bring events in that boost footfall in Blackpool town centre.

St John's Square is 5 minutes walk from Blackpool North railway station, and just down the road from the North Pier and the Grand Theatre. 

Looks like another good business deal that will boost PCW's profile in the local community. Everyone gets a payday and the fans get a show for free. Hopefully the weather will oblige!

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

anyone going to the free show on saturday? Hell of a card considering its free!!

I'll be shocked if I can't scrape together the train fare for that one. I'm really looking forward to seeing the interaction between Velvet and April. Or rather, I'm interested in seeing how hard April's feet interact with Vel Vel.

If I hadn't had so much else on. I would've come up. Costs a bomb to get to Blackpool on the train from where I live and I wouldn't make it in time for the start if I got the coach up there so I can't make that either. Ah well. Hope I can get PCW off the list another day.

Sha beat mr anderson via scarf sleeper

viper and velvet sky beat toni storm and april davids after velvet hit a stunner.

bubblegum beat spud via rollup via many finger up the arse routines (not joking)

3d beat team single

dar beat smile

mastiff beat masters

Kirby won the 6 man as well

So far for PCW/ROH Supershow we have...

ROH Talent

Adam Cole
Delerious
Bobby Fish
Kyle O'Reilly
Cedrick Alexander
Michael Elgin
Dalton Castle
Silas Young
?
?
?
?

International Talent

Doug Williams

?
?
?
?

Who is everyone expecting/hoping the others will be?

So far for PCW/ROH Supershow we have...

ROH TalentAdam ColeDeleriousBobby FishKyle O'ReillyCedrick AlexanderMichael ElginDalton CastleSilas Young????

International Talent

Doug Williams

????

Really hoping for Jay Lethal and the Briscoes. Their matches with team single last year were up there with some of the best I've ever seen

Not sure who the international talent will be. Last year they had the guys from Wales comic con over too

You going to the show?

For the ROH guys: Jay Lethal, The Briscoes, The Addiction (sure that makes 13 in total, but PCW did say it will be at least 12. So it's possible).

For the international guys: Okada, Galloway, Young Bucks

Okada is probably a huge longshot and wishful thinking on my part. But i think that combo of talents creates some great potential matches.