The Preston City Wrestling Thread

He had to have known, unless he's an idiot. And to be as successful as he's been thus far, he's not an idiot.

Don't assume idiots can't be successful. Or successfully people can't be massive cunts too, while we are at it.

Cracking point. Given the way the world currently is, can't argue against that.

They've just posted what looks to be an updated poster on Facebook. Obviously no Pete, but no Pentagon either?

Not sure, they were advertising Pentagon on their email mailing list as late as yesterday. He is definitely in the country, as he wrestled Dunne in Portsmouth tonight.

Ryan Smile won't be on the shows either. He was probably getting a lift off Dunne from Birmingham but doesn't mention that in his tweets.

On a happier note, they've announced a free show at the Blackpool Tower Circus for June 17th, which is a decent coup as that's a very cool venue. Tickets are free but with a £2 booking fee. Over 300 of the 500 tickets have already been sold in the first 8 hours of going on sale, with no names announced, for a show in 4 months time.

https://twitter.com/pcw_uk/status/835169313233514498

tower-circus.png

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Pretty sure this will be paid for by the local authority. Fludder sells the show to them for a set amount and its paid for from an entertainment or heritage fund.

Exactly right. He'll likely be making the same money regardless how it goes. The Tribute To The Troops shows are done in conjunction with Preston's Armed Forces Day and he did another along these lines in Blackpool a couple of years ago. That show will certainly have an interesting look about it.

I don't get running free shows, surely that just loses money time and again? Bowler must be making more cash than him these days

As others have pointed out, they're 'sold shows'. It's actually described as a 'private show' on the Facebook listing. It also says that these are a big deal in some way but he can't disclose the reason at this time. Maybe something, maybe nothing.

He runs so many shows at this point that he must be turning a profit. He's clearly enjoying success given the number of shows he's running, averaging nearly 2 a month at this point.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

This whole thing is a shambles. Why didn't he just agree to give the profits to the charity? Instead there is a shit feeling about this whole event.

As mentioned, I don't think that's the issue given how much he has raised in the past. It's the dismissive arrogance that's the big problem.

In the statement he released, there was a bit about not upgrading his phone as he didn't want to lose texts and whatsapps from a friend who had passed. I thought that was a really touching bit and really got to me.

I remember seeing Mad Man Manson Tweeting a screengrab of some of his Twitter DMs with him last year remembering him. I've known my Dad to write down his text conversations from his RAZR and keep them safe because of times you could only save so many texts. Obviously would be tricky doing that because their messages will have gone in the 00s, if not 000s.