The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

I agree with Keith and Benno, to raise that sort of money is admirable, and probably more than a lot of Brit promotions clear in terms of their own income by years end.

....but, that said, the situation has been handled badly, acknowledged no less, by deletion of the posts and I don't think its unfair of anyone to expect that a slice of their ticket money bought for a tournament in memory of a deceased wrestler who's health problems were well documented, and for which he campaigned so hard, was going to causes linked to said wrestler.

I can't think of a like for like scenario, but if I were to start selling Dynamite Kid tribute posters tomorrow, you'd have every right to think at the very least, I was slinging him a few bob to keep his Sky subscription up to date.

He really needs to hire someone to do those posts

I've thought this for some time. I'm sure the way PCW speak to their fans over social media plays some part in the dwindling attendance over the last few shows (in Preston anyway, I've not been to any of the other shows). Taking the piss out of fans asking legitimate questions - alright they might get asked the same question over and over but there is no need to mock paying customers. With so much choice in the UK nowadays people are just going to get their wrestling fix elsewhere if PCW continue to openly take the piss out their fans.

Whilst it's phenomenal the amount they have raised, surely a percentage could go to the CCC for using his name in the show. It's just a bit pathetic to claim they are using his "PCW Character Name" when he was using that name for years prior to PCW even being around! Also, the British workers on the show, do they know this isn't a charity show anymore?

Also, the British workers on the show, do they know this isn't a charity show anymore?

I did wonder why Martin Kirby and El Ligero aren't booked on this show when they are almost always at the Preston shows. Probably a coincidence but with them being so close to Kris Travis it does make you (well, me) wonder.

Joey Hayes is there though so it probably is just coincidence.

He really needs to hire someone to do those posts

I've thought this for some time. I'm sure the way PCW speak to their fans over social media plays some part in the dwindling attendance over the last few shows (in Preston anyway, I've not been to any of the other shows). Taking the piss out of fans asking legitimate questions - alright they might get asked the same question over and over but there is no need to mock paying customers. With so much choice in the UK nowadays people are just going to get their wrestling fix elsewhere if PCW continue to openly take the piss out their fans.

It's not just PCW that answer fans legitimate questions in a sarcastic and unprofessional manner. PROGRESS are very guilty of this too. I don't get why promotions do it, I get that it's frustrating answering the same questons again and again. If you are going to reply just give a straight answer and be done with it.

• Paid Members

BritWres~! (circa 2007)

Is there anyway a few could have a word with the guys booked on the show about this? See how they feel...plus I don't want Fludder coming to my house or anything and posting it on YouTube.

Edited by Psygnosis