The Preston City Wrestling Thread

I've noticed they've been shilling a lot of free Meet & Greets lately to try boost numbers with early bird tickets to their upcoming Blackpool and Liverpool shows next month with PJ Black. Same with their Bradford and Preston shows end of March with a combo worth £20 with the imports then..

• Paid Members

Not sure how they can do the likes of what they did with Riddle and expect anyone to trust them.

PCW need to up their game a bit, not alienating regulars might be a start.

This has longtime been a problem for PCW/Fludder for me. As the wrestling landscape has changed in this country, it's become a little harder to differentiate between which promotions to follow on merit of talent and quality of matches alone, and if like me you don't have the budget to go to every show you'd like to, the presentation and how the company conducts business can become vital. Personally, who I'm financially supporting becomes an issue too. And that's where PCW and Fludder fall down.

Back in 13/14 PCW got me back into British wrestling. I came for imports but I stayed because I got into Trav, Dar and others. As I got into British wrestlers again I was soon willing to go see other feds too, and stuff about Fludder started pissing me off. Reasons certain talent got blacklisted, the Masters/piracy stuff, Fludder's general demeanour and some of the ways I saw him talk to customers on social networks... I carried on going when the cards looked appealing, long after my usual companion (briefly posted on here as Bit Indy) decided "I'm not giving him money any more."

Well, by November 14 I was going to Rev Pro more often, FutureShock on occasion, and generally was becoming wary of the "wrestling budget" as well as not having time for much else. Then Fludder posted spoilers about Sting showing up for Survivors (before show started) through the PCW account on Twitter. Bit Indy voiced his displeasure about this surprise on a non-PCW ppv being spoiled through his following the PCW account, and the upshot of me reading the exchange left me feeling like "I dont want to give this twat any of my money any more." So I honoured my "pre-existing bookings" and I was done with being a PCW regular. I prostituted my principles once more when AJ came back for the Lionheart rematch, but otherwise, I'm done.

What I'm saying is... the market is competitive, hacking off your potential paying customers leads to losing them. There are many rungs between a Jim, Jon n Glen and an Adam Bowler, but it's a quicker journey down the ladder than up.

Edited by air_raid

I fully understand using PayPal recipts because it saves money in a few ways. You don't have to pay a graphics guy to make a design for them. Though most will follow the KISS Princible with it and just leave it at logo and say, Front Row/General/Family (delete as appropriate) for example. There's also printing them out. And most importantly, it saves a lot of hassle having to post them out. That way, they don't have to worry about stuff being lost in the mail. But there's something quite vague about this malarkey of "We need printouts for insurance reasons" thing. As long you've got it. That's all that matters. Surely? They'll have an easily identifiable list of names and numbers of how many they bought. Surely just use that as some form of know who's yet to come? A lot of people don't realise how easy it is to get printing. There are Internet cafes or your local library where you can book some time on a computer and get a printout for about 10p a pop. That's pocket change. Hardly breaking the bank.

Saturday results were.....

Hooligans beat jimmy J, and (I think he's called) Seymour Gains

Rhio beat the girl who is Jimmy J's valet (penny?)

Third match was an academy tag match, with Philip Michaels and I think he's called Dave Birch on opposing sides. Birchs' heel team won

Interval, then bigger names came out.

Ashton Smith beat Lionheart

Sha Samuels beat Alex Bolin (academy guy)

And in the main event Bubblegum beat Kenny Williams.

Well worth a fiver, but definitely a reduced show with only six matches.

Didn't go Sunday

Saturday results were.....

Hooligans beat jimmy J, and (I think he's called) Seymour Gains

Rhio beat the girl who is Jimmy J's valet (penny?)

Third match was an academy tag match, with Philip Michaels and I think he's called Dave Birch on opposing sides. Birchs' heel team won

Interval, then bigger names came out.

Ashton Smith beat Lionheart

Sha Samuels beat Alex Bolin (academy guy)

And in the main event Bubblegum beat Kenny Williams.

Well worth a fiver, but definitely a reduced show with only six matches.

Didn't go Sunday

Jennie B

Phillip Michaels & James Finn vs. Jack Baron & Dave Birch

Sunday :

Kenny Williams beat Chris Ridgeway

Bubblegum beat Lionheart

Phillip Michaels beat Dave Birch

Jack Baron beat Seymour Gaines

Rocky Future beat James Finn

Jimmy J beat Big T Justice

Ashton Smith beat Martin Kirby

Phillip Michaels beat Jack Baron, Rocky Future and Jimmy J